Renault Race Fixing - ING terminate Renault deal

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Renault under investigation

Post by mikhailv » 16 Sep 2009, 12:11

Well..... im sorry. The witchunt has succeeded.

Ive had enough of formula 1.

If renault go, then, thats it. ill move fully onto motogp and BTCC. This stunk from the start. if it was done the correct way, things would be different.

At least pat symonds was honorable with Flav. He didnt accept immunity like a lesser man would.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 Sep 2009, 12:15

I'm glad that Flavio's gone... But it's going to be hard for Renault to survive without those two guys :( I srsly hope this isn't the end for the team, because as it is ... I would, I .... ::oops:; ::oops:;

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Sep 2009, 12:16

Bang. Good news for no one except the BMW Sauber rescue team, who will have Renault's place on the grid next year.

I'm not shocked, I think it had dawned on me during the investigation that Renault were as guilty as hell, and it was also apparent that the FIA, like a good police dog, was always going to scare someone into talking or revealing something. I think they've scared Renault into cutting their losses. Flav and Pat are the fall guys who've been hung out to dry. They'll never work in F1 again, and Renault might now have a slightly easier time of staying in F1, but I don't think after this the Renault bosses will want to tarnish Renault's image any more. The combination of budget and sporting issues will make them take the decision to go away. I might just support Williams instead.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Afadedlily
car driver
car driver

Post by Afadedlily » 16 Sep 2009, 12:16

ING Renault F1 Team Statement – 16 September 2009

"The ING Renault F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegations made by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatore and its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left the team.

Before attending the hearing before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on 21 September 2009, the team will not make any further comment. "

http://www.ing-renaultf1.com/en/_2009/t ... ues/22335/

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 16 Sep 2009, 12:19

Oh my god. First Dennis and now Briatore. Who's next? Luca di Montezemolo?

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 16 Sep 2009, 12:26

Wow, this reaction was quicker than I expected.
I won't miss Briatore, yet I fear that there'll be serious consequences for the team no matter what the outcome of the hearing will bring.
I hope Renault at least stays as a engine supplier in F1. Indeed, another bad day for F1.

Afadedlily
car driver
car driver

Post by Afadedlily » 16 Sep 2009, 12:30

This is a real scandal and a very bad day for F1. :( This season= First Hamiltongate and now Nelsinhogate... Whats next?

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 16 Sep 2009, 12:33

alright
now renault will go and BMW gone how many engine suppliers left?
1 Mercedes
2 Ferrari
3 Toyota
4 Cos not worth

Thats it.
4 suppliers

and not to mention 13 teams :thumbsup:
Last edited by newtrex on 16 Sep 2009, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 16 Sep 2009, 12:34

Well lets look at this. ron dennis was forced out. Many respected journalists reckon Mosely leaked information out regarding renault.

Vatanen has his talks with teams and all his campaign announcements are overshadowed by this event.

PIQUET GOES TO THE FIA BEFORE HE IS SACKED BY RENAULT as confirmed by AUTOSPORT.

This is a complete joke. This whoe thing was manufactured. The sick, vile stained governing body is a joke. How can they let out so many leaks!?

Infact, how can PIQUET get NO DAMN PUNISHMENT!!!! It makes me sick that this vile excuse for a driver, gets full imunity. If someone told you to jump off a bridge, you dont bloody do it do you! Piquet has ADMITTED he crashed purposely. He ADMITTED he crashed without any hint of FURTHERING HIS CAREER. He has no excuse for crashing apart from doing it on his OWN BELIEF!?

HOW CAN HE NOT LOOSE HIS LICENCE FOR PURPOSELY PUTTING SPECTATORS IN DANGER!?

ive had it. I dont want nothing to do with F1. its a joke. a complete joke. A true governing body would have authority, fairness, integrity and would be able to keep things secure. Not leak everything. It would ALSO handle this in complete proffessionalism.

I hope Renault leave. i hope they stick two fingers up at F1. Bernie will be sh*tting himself now. I hope they have NOTHING to do with F1 EVER AGAIN.

Like I said. If this was handled correctly, and not the witch hunt akin to liegate, id be happy. But no. it makes me sick.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 16 Sep 2009, 12:39

newtrex wrote:alright
1 Mercedes
2 Ferrari
3 Toyota
4 Cos not worth

Thats it.
4 suppliers

Whats toyota got to stay for? honda left. renaults left. They cant compete with ferrari.

Theres lotus back, but they'll fail miserablyv for the first 2 years. All F1 is getting now, is teams which, wont compete with Ferrari or McLaren. Brawn may do . Redbull might do aswell. But they wont necesserily win the WDC

But the engine suppliers can only supply two teams correct?

Brawn/mclaren/Force india. Ferrari/Redbull/BMW replacement.

Everyone else will have cosworth. Will cosworth have to develop a KERS system too!? Or will we have yet another standardised KERS?

Would williams have to sell its KERS to cosworth so they can use it with their engines!? Its just going to be standard units for most of the field. no competetion at all.

i mean, look how much Honda and Toyota brought in. By that, I mean revenue. there was IMMENSE support for them, to the point that Honda had to create a team AROUND Sato, to keep the home happy. Toyota is fading, japan is loosing interest.

All weve got is the Arabs who will probably buy F1 in ten years time, adn we'll have motorised camels. There buying up football. I mean, take mallya. He has no interest in F1. He knows little about it. He's a businessmen. I mean he's already said he's putting Force india IN THE STOCK MARKET! And I really dont mean it wrong, but when you get GP2 and formula 3 teams coming into F1 with £40million budget. What do they hope to achieve. being within 10 seconds!?

Cost cutting is another word for Cheapening F1. theres no high price competition. F1 to me is about the large amount of money, the development of individual technology. instead were wandering into standardisation. Single tyres. the Michelline vs Bridgeston was fantastic. Michelline was ace in the wet, bridgestone werent. Michelline was good on the last 10 laps of a sting, bridgestone was better on the first 10 laps. The element of competition has GONE from F1. Now were loosing manufacturers left right a centre, theyve always been apart of F1 as engine suppliers, but I cant see why Toyota, Renault or honda would want to be engine suppliers.

Force india has suddenly come up good. I dont see how a car over 1.2 seconds a lap slower than nayone else can come up trumps. Wouldnt surprise me if they had help. Brawn, you cant say is an independent this year because Honda put 2 years worth of funding into that car. Redbull are fading away into the obscure. Is independents the future backmarkers of F1? I mean.... look at them now. in the top ten, you always get at least 6-7 manufacturer cars. Both mclarens, both ferrari's, 1 renault. 2 when they had two good drivers.

Just a joke.
Last edited by mikhailv on 16 Sep 2009, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 Sep 2009, 12:44

newtrex wrote:alright
1 Mercedes
2 Ferrari
3 Toyota
4 Cos not worth

Thats it.
4 suppliers

If renault quits, it can still deliver engines to other teams. Like they did in the 80's :O

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Sep 2009, 12:50

Renault I'm sure will still supply engines. Clearly, Mosley once again has assessed the situation and come out with a blistering piece of realpolitik to serve every one of his desires. Mikhailv's summary of how it benefits MM covers everything you need to know. Whether Mosley made the field or played the field is up to you, and how much stock you take in conspiracy theories, but it can't be denied that Mosley pulled quite a few strings in this whole campaign. I will watch F1. I can't not. But it will be with bitterness.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 16 Sep 2009, 12:53

well if renault goes away, then cant we see another team with flavio and symonds. they have nothing else to do, so they might come back with another team..

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 Sep 2009, 12:56

shail69 wrote:well if renault goes away, then cant we see another team with flavio and symonds. they have nothing else to do, so they might come back with another team..
Flavio GP IMO :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 16 Sep 2009, 13:01

If i was renault, I wouldnt supply engines.

I would withdraw immediately and say do your worst.

Do you know why? Bernie will be crying his eyes out, and so would his wallet.

Renault gone means no Alonso for the rest of the year. Would ferrari pick Alonso would instead of fisi!? Would this result in Alonso having no drive and a big amount of tv-viewings lost, and ticket sales going down from spanish fans.

Or would it force ferrari into taking Alonso prematurely.

Which team wouldnt want Alonso with no ties!?