Renault Race Fixing - ING terminate Renault deal

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Renault under investigation

Post by megasyxx » 10 Sep 2009, 17:30

just a plain scapegoat excuse to say that it was piquet's idea.....

and braking when heading towards the wall.....i guess piquet practiced it already during the warm-up lap. radio message for piquet: "brakes are very hot! don't dare use it."

adziom
car driver
car driver

Re: F1 News

Post by adziom » 10 Sep 2009, 18:37

Statement leaked from Nelson Piquet:

"...At the time of this conversation I was in a very fragile and emotional state of mind. This state of mind was brought about by very intense stress due to the fact that Mr Briatore had refused to inform me of whether or not my driver’s contract would be renewed for the next racing year (2009) as is customarily the case in the middle of the year (around July or August). [...]

After the meeting with Mr Symonds and Mr Briatore, Mr Symonds took me aside to a quiet corner and, using a map, pointed me to the exact corner of the track where I should crash. This corner was selected because the specific location of the track did not have any cranes that would allow a damaged car to be swiftly lifted off the track, nor did it have any side entrances to the track, which would allow a Safety Marshall to quickly move the damaged car away from the track. Therefore, it was felt that a crash in this specific position would be nearly certain to cause an obstruction on the track which would thus necessitate the deployment of a safety car in order for the track to be cleared and ensure the safe continuation of the race.

Mr Symonds also told me which exact lap to cause the incident upon, so that a strategy could be devised for my team mate Mr Fernando Alonso..."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/09/10/s ... more-25073

:blink:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 10 Sep 2009, 18:38

To be honest, i still dont know what to think.

Im confused with piquet. If this event did happen, why the hell would briatore let piquet go? Maybe he thought piquet wouldnt cough up. Nelson has dropped himself in it, because he will never race in any formula EVER again. admitted he purposely caused an accident? What a fool. I never liked him, or his father, and I firmly believe many more will dislike now.

Im very surprised with pat. he seems a great guy!

But as a renault fan, im clearly bias, into thinking something isn't right. We know piquets contract was under threat, but if he's in a fragile, emotional state of mind, why would he go and crash!? wouldnt that make him more nerve racked? I dont buy this contract malarky. what I DO buy, is piquet pushing for a long term extention for a larger sum of money to continue racing, if this event did happen.

I hope Alonso doesnt get his win removed, because he still drove a damn good race, and it appears quite a few people, akin to McLarens lie-gate, did not know.

Its going to be painful to watch, but if they are guilty, they deserve punishment.

I just cant see a former WDC/WCC team stooping so low....

.... regarding his spin on the warm up lap; Spain 2008. Alonso did the same. XD

adziom
car driver
car driver

Post by adziom » 10 Sep 2009, 19:11

It's Piquet's word against Pat Symonds'. However, I don't see why Piquet would suggest it, especially at a race where he had a chance of beating his team-mate - starting 1 place behind rather than the usual 10.

Renault, meanwhile, had many possible incentives such as commercial reasons and any clauses in Fernando's contract etc.

In my opinion, Piquet's side of the story is more convincing by a margin.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 10 Sep 2009, 19:24

mikhailv wrote:To be honest, i still dont know what to think.

Im confused with piquet. If this event did happen, why the hell would briatore let piquet go? Maybe he thought piquet wouldnt cough up. Nelson has dropped himself in it, because he will never race in any formula EVER again. admitted he purposely caused an accident? What a fool. I never liked him, or his father, and I firmly believe many more will dislike now.

Im very surprised with pat. he seems a great guy!

But as a renault fan, im clearly bias, into thinking something isn't right. We know piquets contract was under threat, but if he's in a fragile, emotional state of mind, why would he go and crash!? wouldnt that make him more nerve racked? I dont buy this contract malarky. what I DO buy, is piquet pushing for a long term extention for a larger sum of money to continue racing, if this event did happen.

I hope Alonso doesnt get his win removed, because he still drove a damn good race, and it appears quite a few people, akin to McLarens lie-gate, did not know.

Its going to be painful to watch, but if they are guilty, they deserve punishment.

I just cant see a former WDC/WCC team stooping so low....

.... regarding his spin on the warm up lap; Spain 2008. Alonso did the same. XD
Regarding the spin mate, Alosno style of heating the tyres during the warmup lap and before saftey car restarts is very diferrent and it is prone to spinning more than the others, so he had a sping in spain. Looking at the spin of piquet, if you put the wall exactly at the side of the road it will be an exact replica of his accident.

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ric.rios » 10 Sep 2009, 19:49

I read the full testimonial in portuguese and I don't believe who Little Piquet made that just for keep in Renault...
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Sep 2009, 22:00

Alonso seems to cause poo in all the teams he drives for :lol: Poor Ferrari

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 10 Sep 2009, 22:44

I feel this is going to end badly for piquet, flavio and pat we may even see fernando get bought into the questioning as his fuel strategy was suspect and why he had that strategy.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 10 Sep 2009, 23:42

The funny thing is it´s the McLaren and Hamilton fans who make the most hay about it.
I suggest you keep your cool about it. It´s not like your team didn´t cheat in the past :lol:

btw: what happens if Mercedes leave McLaren at the end of 2011 and take over Brawn? McLaren - Cosworth? :cool:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 11 Sep 2009, 03:00

phil1993 wrote:http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

If Piquet is telling the truth, Renault are f***ed to say the least and Piquet will be raped.

If Piquet is lying, he will probably never drive in F1 again

Also, Piquet signed the document on 30 July 2009. What date was he sacked? Certainly within a few days either side of that date. After the Hungarian GP (26 July) everyone knew he was going... :zz:
i think irrespective of the outcome, piquet jr will not be in F1 unless his father buys into a team

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Sep 2009, 05:43

sdutt wrote:
phil1993 wrote:http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

If Piquet is telling the truth, Renault are f***ed to say the least and Piquet will be raped.

If Piquet is lying, he will probably never drive in F1 again

Also, Piquet signed the document on 30 July 2009. What date was he sacked? Certainly within a few days either side of that date. After the Hungarian GP (26 July) everyone knew he was going... :zz:
i think irrespective of the outcome, piquet jr will not be in F1 unless his father buys into a team
+1 - The whole issue looks to me like Piquet has decided to cause collateral damage. Go Nelson go .. take Flavio out with you !!

Flavio has already been in hot water for his stupid comments on Button & Barrichello. I think its high time someone tells Flamboyant'lavio to shut the f*** up !!!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Sep 2009, 05:44

iceman1 wrote:Alonso seems to cause poo in all the teams he drives for :lol: Poor Ferrari
+1 - Flavio's favorite is going to slap Flavio on his face for the second time !!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Sep 2009, 06:07

blizzard wrote:The funny thing is it´s the McLaren and Hamilton fans who make the most hay about it.
I suggest you keep your cool about it. It´s not like your team didn´t cheat in the past :lol:

btw: what happens if Mercedes leave McLaren at the end of 2011 and take over Brawn? McLaren - Cosworth? :cool:
Mclaren Cosworth - Hmm doesn't sound bad, after all the Mclaren Supercar MP4-12C is powered by a Cosworth engine ....

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 11 Sep 2009, 06:33

So it seems Symonds's defense line is that it was Piquet's idea!

What's he thinking? Because that's acknowledging the meeting DID take place, the team principal and chief engineer WERE aware and, most of all, the crash WAS deliberate indeed!

Now, a driver suggesting to crash deliberately is quite a stupid thing already, but what about a team principal letting it happen, covering it up and keeping a potentially dangerous driver on the team for a dozen more races! "Oh, we knew all about his intentions but we thought, yeah sure, have fun crashing our car, kid".

This is going to be massive.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Sep 2009, 10:02

Noble F1; Just had a lengthy chat to Max Mosley about the Renault Singapore case. Story coming soon

and

Renault and Flavio Briatore have begun criminal proceedings against the Piquets over the Singapore race fix allegations
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at