Renault Race Fixing - ING terminate Renault deal

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Renault under investigation

Post by sdutt » 05 Sep 2009, 03:04

hannibal_rising wrote:Here's the Proof!!

Piquet's Steering Wheel:

:lol: :lol: :wave:
fantastic pic :lol:

what about the button for going slow?? :n

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 05 Sep 2009, 11:30

So the code for Piquet to crash is "push Nelson!"??? THAT'S why he goes off so often, I see!

This whole thing is scarcely believeable, and if true, Renault should just pull out, because I'd have already stopped supporting them.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Sep 2009, 11:53

mikhailv wrote:If you reflect on this situation, this could change the course of F1 history.

IF renault are found guilty, what are they going to do?

if they disqualify Renault, then Ferrari will play up saying it forced them into an unprovoked error, meaning they'll chase for the race to be uncounted. Meaning lewis will loose the WDC by 5 points.

If they just disqualify renau, Ferrari will play bloody mary and probably would win the case.
They will not do that. Even if Renault is DQed and kicked out of F1 (which the probably will be if found guilty :( ) their points will not be inherited, and results wont be changed (xcept for Renault's of course)

Same thing as when Macca was stripped of WCC points in 2007 and MS was DQed in 1997. The results still stood and their points were not inherited.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 05 Sep 2009, 11:57

TwistedArmco wrote:This whole thing is scarcely believeable, and if true, Renault should just pull out, because I'd have already stopped supporting them.
In fact I may not, it depends what evidence actually comes to light, because how will the FIA prove it? Apparently Piquet kept asking what lap he was on, presumably in order to know when to crash into the wall... Oh, my gosh... all hail the concrete proof!

This better be good FIA.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Sep 2009, 12:18

TwistedArmco wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:This whole thing is scarcely believeable, and if true, Renault should just pull out, because I'd have already stopped supporting them.
In fact I may not, it depends what evidence actually comes to light, because how will the FIA prove it? Apparently Piquet kept asking what lap he was on, presumably in order to know when to crash into the wall... Oh, my gosh... all hail the concrete proof!

This better be good FIA.
Yes, it's all "allegedly", "may" and "apparantly" so far - just rumours and speculation, no facts and/or proof whatsoever.

Still it's hard to believe FIA would have brought this to a hearing unless they have at least something that remotely can be called substantial evidence.

OTOH we are talking FIA here... :confused:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Sep 2009, 12:29

For the sake of the sport I hope it isn't true. It looks suspicious but I'm sure Piquet would have gone public with it if it were true...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Sep 2009, 13:10

phil1993 wrote:For the sake of the sport I hope it isn't true. It looks suspicious but I'm sure Piquet would have gone public with it if it were true...
We can't have another scandal, that will seriously hurt the sport

Lol @ the steering wheel :lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Sep 2009, 13:23

What about the other 37 times Nelson Piquet Jnr crashed :zz:

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 05 Sep 2009, 13:37

for me this is too late to discus, its one year past, so they should have done that before, not now, but if they disq them and also from 2008 sing results, then rosberg would win and lewis would be champion by 3 points

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 05 Sep 2009, 13:59

iceman1 wrote:What about the other 37 times Nelson Piquet Jnr crashed :zz:
:lol: :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 05 Sep 2009, 14:34

alex1369 wrote:for me this is too late to discus, its one year past, so they should have done that before, not now, but if they disq them and also from 2008 sing results, then rosberg would win and lewis would be champion by 3 points
If they DQ renault, wouldnt they have to change every race they scored points in? I cant be bothered to look, but who would have won?

adziom
car driver
car driver

Post by adziom » 05 Sep 2009, 17:55

The timing of Piquet's Renault career ending and this investigation are no co-incidence. The question is whether Piquet is just bitterly trying to get Flavio and Renault in trouble or whether he is actually confessing the truth. However, I can't believe Nelson would tell everybody he crashed deliberately to help his team win, because he will get in just as much trouble as them. Its a very strange situation all round

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Sep 2009, 21:23

iceman1 wrote:What about the other 37 times Nelson Piquet Jnr crashed :zz:
I think the steering wheel answers this question !!! Push Nelson :n

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Sep 2009, 21:25

alex1369 wrote:for me this is too late to discus, its one year past, so they should have done that before, not now, but if they disq them and also from 2008 sing results, then rosberg would win and lewis would be champion by 3 points
The allegation is on Renault and it involves Nelson. I don't think they would rob Alonso of his win. He would be allowed to keep it, but Renault would lose constructor points for that race and may be the whole constructor points for this year.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Sep 2009, 00:52

http://twitter.com/sniffpetrol

BREAKING NEWS: FIA to investigate races in which Piquet Jnr "suspiciously did NOT crash" :rofl: :rofl: