2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 30 Aug 2009, 15:43

:( :(

Arhibald
car driver
car driver

Post by Arhibald » 31 Aug 2009, 12:57

It's a real shame if Spa and Nürburgring are going to alternate, they're both fantastic circuits.

About the line-ups, Kimi will most likely stay at Ferrari which means Alonso won't go there except if Massa has such bad injuries that he can't come back at all. But let's assume that Massa will be coming back. Fernando would either stay at Renault, which I kinda doubt, or go to Brawn. Kubica would go to Renault and partner Grosjean there. Heikki and Nico will switch places or Heikki might go to Toyota but Toyota probably want a japanese driver (Kobayashi perhaps) to partner Glock. So Williams will have Kovalainen and Hülkenberg. All in all, everything depends on Kimi and Fernando. So this was a completely useless post :D THERE WON'T BE THREE CARS PER TEAM NEXT YEAR that's for sure.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 10:14

Well, with Spa. If they can't make profits by charging £5 for burgers, £3.50 for waffles and £3 for a cup of coffee then God knows how they're going to

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 15:06

Nelson Piquet wrote:Things are looking good for next year guys and I can't wait to drive again!
Translation: Things are looking good for next year guys and I can't wait to make my IRL debut

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Sep 2009, 11:55

Just read a rumour in Dutch F1 magazine: When Liuzzi signed a contract with Force India it said he would get a drive their in 2010, with Fisichella moving to Ferrari as a testdriver...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Sep 2009, 15:03

Member of another forum wrote:Hi guys,

a very close friend of mine works for Ferrari F1 Team, and this is the last news according to the paddock gossips... Of course these are just rumours...

Kimi will go to Williams with Hulkenberg, Kubica will move to Renault and Rosberg to Brawn

Renault courting Raikkonen-Nokia deal
Renault is understood to have held discussions with 2007 F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen regarding a potential switch to the French outfit next year – in a move that could at the same time earn the Régie a title sponsorship deal with mobile ‘phone company Nokia.

Rumours circulating in France suggest that Raikkonen – who looks set to be out of a drive at Ferrari in 2010 in favour of current Renault incumbent Fernando Alonso, should the Scuderia manage to successfully negotiate the Finn’s €25 million pay-off for terminating his existing contract a year early – could do what would be effectively a straight swap with his fellow former title-winner.

However, it is believed that the 29-year-old has already refused an offer of a €45 million, multi-year agreement – but it is also claimed that Nokia might join the Enstone-based operation regardless. Renault is seeking a new chief backer after Dutch banking organisation ING announced earlier this year that it will not be renewing its deal with the team.

Nokia – which is also Finnish – last appeared in the top flight when it sponsored Tyrrell back in 1995, with a home-grown driver on-board in the shape of Raikkonen’s countryman Mika Salo.

There remain whispers inside the F1 paddock that Alonso could be announced as a Ferrari driver in 2010 during the weekend of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza in just over a week’s time.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02092009/ ... -2010.html

Malaysians pushing for Lotus entry
Malaysians pushing for Lotus F1 entry

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 14:58 GMT

A consortium backed by the Malaysian government is pushing hard for Lotus to beat BMW Sauber to the final slot in next year's Formula 1 world championship, AUTOSPORT has learned.

BMW Sauber chiefs have been looking for a buyer to secure the team's future, and there has been speculation that the outfit's Malaysian backers could support a buyout bid.

However, AUTOSPORT understands that the sponsors are instead close to throwing their support behind the totally new team that will use the Lotus name.

AUTOSPORT understands that the Malaysian government is keen to continue the promotion of its oil company Petronas in F1, but also start delivering a higher profile for the Lotus company name - which is owned by Malaysia's national car maker Proton.

The push for the Lotus name in F1 could also be boosted by the arrival of former Ferrari brand guru Dany Bahar as the company's new CEO, although it is believed his appointment at the current time is coincidental and not linked to the F1 plans.

Lotus's ambitions are being spearheaded by respected technical chief Mike Gascoyne, whose original Lotus team linked with the Litespeed operation were widely talked about earlier this year.

Malaysia's Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek refused to deny talk that the government is looking at its involvement in the team when speaking to local media yesterday.

"Nothing has been finalised and there's nothing to comment," he told the Malay Mail. "I'm not confirming, neither am I saying otherwise."

Shabery also did not rule out that an announcement about the team's plans was scheduled to be made after the Singapore Grand Prix later this month by Malaysian Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

He said: "Let's wait for the PM to make the announcement. Who knows what will happen after the Singapore GP."

The FIA is currently evaluating the entries for the 13th team in F1, with an announcement expected in the next few weeks.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Sep 2009, 16:01

Raikkonen to Williams.. Interesting, but he won't be able to buy as much icecream for what Williams will pay him..

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 03 Sep 2009, 16:37

joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen to Williams.. Interesting, but he won't be able to buy as much icecream for what Williams will
old lol :roll:: :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Sep 2009, 16:44

joostlamers wrote:Raikkonen to Williams.. Interesting, but he won't be able to buy as much icecream for what Williams will pay him..
Just no.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Sep 2009, 16:48

James Allen (twitter): "Autosport reporting that a Malaysian F1 team is being formed under the Lotus name with Mike Gascoyne running technical side"

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Sep 2009, 16:49

read above :roll::

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 03 Sep 2009, 16:52

phil1993 wrote:Renault courting Raikkonen-Nokia deal
Goddamnit, I just bought myself a samsung :(

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 03 Sep 2009, 17:02

Kimi + Flavio = :lol:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 04 Sep 2009, 03:36

phil1993 wrote:
Nelson Piquet wrote:Things are looking good for next year guys and I can't wait to drive again!
Translation: Things are looking good for next year guys and I can't wait to make my IRL debut
are you serious?? :confused:

Arhibald
car driver
car driver

Post by Arhibald » 04 Sep 2009, 11:55

Kimi and Flavio! :D I'd laugh my head off!