Felipe Massa Injury - Fisichella to race to the end of 2009

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

If Massa cannot race, who should replace him?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2009, 18:52

Fernando Alonso
36%
Luca Badoer
28%
Mirko Bortolotti
3%
Sebastien Bourdais
11%
Marc Gene
22%
Davide Rigon
No votes

Total votes: 36

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Felipe Massa Injury - Replacement: Luca Badoer confirmed

Post by shailf1 » 12 Aug 2009, 17:59

Tom Vandenhove wrote:According to last rumours Massa will be back in Singapore. No source available yet
Rumours from where?

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Aug 2009, 18:41

shail69 wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:According to last rumours Massa will be back in Singapore. No source available yet
Rumours from where?
other forums :O

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 12 Aug 2009, 21:46

Barrichello on twitter: 'I spend the afternoon with Felipe...he is fine and exactly the same person as before..thank God'
things can only get better yes? :D

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Aug 2009, 10:56

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 13 Aug 2009, 22:03

Badoer selection highlights Ferrari failings

Luca Badoer will replace the injured Felipe Massa at the forthcoming European Grand Prix, and while the Italian may be the reserve and test driver at Ferrari, the fact that he hasn’t raced at the highest level for a decade made his selection over a rising star a surprise for many and underlines the lack of a young driver programme at the Italian team.

"Faith in Luca Badoer, who's one of us," Luca di Montezemolo told La Stampa. "Destiny has given him a unique possibility now he has to make the best out of it. We will support him with all we've got."

For the 38-year old Badoer, his return to Formula One competition is a dream come true and something he had been preparing for ever since Massa’s qualifying accident in Hungary. "Since I've been a child I always wanted to race for Ferrari and now I've got the possibility to make this desire come true,” he said.

Surprisingly Badoer has not driven the current F60 challenger as the team relied on fellow tester Marc Gene as well as race drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa ahead of the season. Despite the lack of mileage, Badoer is not expecting any problems.

"Although this year's rules foresee a drastically reduced mileage for us test drivers, I have prepared myself to be ready under any circumstances,” he said. “I've been in this business for quite a while.

After Felipe's accident I intensified my programme and I'm sure that I won't have any problems from this point of view. I will give it my best for them and for all the Ferrari fans, who - and I'm sure about that - will give me their support.”

Fellow Italian and former F1 driver Alex Zanardi however believes that the team should have looked for some young rising talent rather than relying on their veteran test driver. “Taking a young guy from GP2 would have been the most logical choice," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Nico Hulkenberg leads the GP2 championship and is contracted to Williams however, while Roman Grosjean is second in the series and is firmly tied to Renault. McLaren invested in the rise of champion Lewis Hamilton, Toyota invest in Japanese talent while Red Bull has a massive young driver programme.

Ferrari meanwhile does not groom talent for its Formula One team, a strategy that has left them with limited options after Michael Schumacher declared he was not race fit to stand in for Massa.
Source: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3720.shtml

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 14 Aug 2009, 17:41

Corriere Dello Sport say that Felipe could be back for Monza. Or at least wants to be. This is the google translation of the article:

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizi ... A0+a+Monza
ROME, August 14 - We have seen many, but two fractured cranial trying to get back on their sixth drive for Ferrari in Formula 1 - also the same - no, this just was not there. Way, light can be seen that Felipe Massa and Michael Schumacher are the stories start to happy ending.

Impressive is the recovery of Felipe that the house of St. Paul Gives luxury oblivion. Massa is now good in the sense that feels whole and wants to return to racing as soon as possible: he has told the Ferrari, scalp and his entourage said they feel ready to return soon. Stating that, if you are good, why force him to consume the floors of the house with infradito?

We must put a stop, of course. We need to repeat medical checks, which have already been made in Brazil under the supervision of Dr. Dino Altman and appearing negative (Altman is the young doctor and a fitness center that Budapest was also sbertucciato for his optimistic vision of the clinical picture: in the end she was right him). Of course, with skull fractures are not joking. There is no reason to accelerate the return of Felipe, and even now the World to fish would allow the calendar year and Massa put in a carriage in 2010. Hoping that the next machine is not really pumpkin carriage, and, like the F60. But it is true the opposite: there is no reason to keep Massa stopped when all is going well and the doctors, including those of the FIA, will give you the ok to race (although with a plaque that will be surgically artificial removed in the future, along with a plastic).

The authorization could be already in the first days of September, when it is expected that mass reaches Paris to pass the examination of the medical committee of the FIA, that after having read the documents clinical submit to a neuropsychological test to verify the absence of deficit cognitive. It would be the decisive step of a journey of healing that was wonder, inexplicable, for some miracle. We recall that forty-eight hours after removal from the artificial coma Felipe called spaghetti and it was a shower, as well his course would be continued.

Now, two weeks after they broke the bone sovraorbitale, punched to 260 km / h by a spring from seven etti, Felipe feels intact. Was also run for him in Valencia, and well did the Ferrari to keep him in hot seat by Badoer, passed the-Schumi. But the GP of Europe is too close (August 23) and also that of Belgium, immediately followed (August 30). Massa, however, does not want to miss Monza (September 13): the home of Ferrari and where, in all likelihood, Maranello will announce the arrival of Fernando Alonso in 2010. His new companion team.

Meanwhile, after the interview granted to a hospital site Ferrari August 3, Felipe has given another - the first after the resignation - the TV O'Globo Brazilian, who will forward it probably Sunday. In this mass confirmed that it is ready to run: it was for him, even now. The few who were able to meet the pilot reported that the accident and heavy emergency surgery does not lead track physical or psychological, if not the ten inches of the wound from which descends on the temple eyebrow. It is very man. Eviva Felipe.

phil1993

Felipe Massa Injury - Targets Brazil comeback

Post by phil1993 » 17 Aug 2009, 11:28

JA on F1 wrote:Felipe Massa said on Brazilian TV last night that he is targetting his home Grand Prix on October for his comeback.

andrebires
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by andrebires » 17 Aug 2009, 11:48

Video of Felipe Massa interview for TV Globo (Portuguese):

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... ERACA.html

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Aug 2009, 11:59

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swI1cyRTDTk[/youtube]

http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/200908 ... 3_fo.shtml - google Translation
MTV3: Mass Kimiä keep cool
Monday, 17.8.2009 at 12.03 (update at 12.12)
Kimi Räikkönen will not have too much contact with the hospital was being Felipe masses.

Felipe Massa has improved rapidly. (EPA)
- He does not call for me. I heard the drivers sent greetings to me, and his speech was the shortest. He had sent me a postcard, which does not come across. That is Kimi, and I even thought that he would have acted differently.

Accordingly, described Felipe Massa of his and Kimi Räikkösen between Hungary after the accident O Estado de Sao Paulo-sheet. The committee says MTV3.

Ferrari of Raikkonen, however, it became a hospital, watching the mass when he was a coma.

Raikkonen gives the injury of some comments in which he has pointed out that the mass was bad luck, and hoped for a stable kaverilleen a speedy recovery.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 17 Aug 2009, 17:55

I don´t want to insult you iceman1, but Kimi really doesn´t seem to be the greatest person, does he?

I found his reaction to Felipe´s accident pretty poor aswell. I also remember when he accidently collided with a small kid, the kid fell to the ground an Kimi didn´t give a damn about it, just moved on as if nothing had happened.

I can´t judge him, but to me he does come across as someone who always want´s the maximum for himself and party, but doesn´t care much about other people and pretty lazy too.

Egoistic is the verb I would use.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 17 Aug 2009, 19:49

iceman1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swI1cyRTDTk[/youtube]

http://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/200908 ... 3_fo.shtml - google Translation
MTV3: Mass Kimiä keep cool
Monday, 17.8.2009 at 12.03 (update at 12.12)
Kimi Räikkönen will not have too much contact with the hospital was being Felipe masses.

Felipe Massa has improved rapidly. (EPA)
- He does not call for me. I heard the drivers sent greetings to me, and his speech was the shortest. He had sent me a postcard, which does not come across. That is Kimi, and I even thought that he would have acted differently.

Accordingly, described Felipe Massa of his and Kimi Räikkösen between Hungary after the accident O Estado de Sao Paulo-sheet. The committee says MTV3.

Ferrari of Raikkonen, however, it became a hospital, watching the mass when he was a coma.

Raikkonen gives the injury of some comments in which he has pointed out that the mass was bad luck, and hoped for a stable kaverilleen a speedy recovery.
They found it in his locker..... :lol:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 17 Aug 2009, 20:04

+It's great to see him looking much better :D

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 17 Aug 2009, 20:08

iceman1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swI1cyRTDTk[/youtube]
What happens in the video? For all who dont understand brazilian..
felipe receives his friend and reporter galvao bueno (james allen) to talk at massa's place. upon seeing each other theres a hug and a small pettin on felipes head and a kiss, of 2 people who are as glad as ever to see each other.

As they walk around to sit down, you can see that everyone there (and the viewers at home) are watching felipe, he is walking normally, he has got a smile on his face.

felipe is feeling well, he says his injuries are progressing in the right path much quicker than the doctors predicted. he shows his eye and cut, and it look wery well, just a tiny bit swollen.

galvao asks, have u seen the accident, felipe says yes, bueno asks if he feels anything watching it, and felipe calmly says no, bueno: will you be back to race? felipe: as soon as the doctors clear me to do so, i can't wait. felipe says he desnt fear it happening again, he knows there are chances of it happening, there are risks, but he's a racer, and hes not scared to return.

Bueno jokes and says, someone might have said that you were crazy before and that now you will be crazier, felipe confirms, bueno asks if hes worried that he might come back slower, and felipe says he hopes not, he will come faster since he is crazier now.

He goes on to watch the video of the accident, he explains it, understands it, doesn't seem to bother him one least.

bueno goes on to say felipe has no idea how brazil will be happy seeing how he is.

he says the doctors in brazil needs to clear him first, then he goes to fia to do the tests to see if they will let him return, but felipe says but before i go to fia, ill go kart racing a little here...

he says he wants to go back as soon as possible and his whole family is helping him achieve that. the goal felipe is working on is interlagos.

but he says for now until the ferrari comes, hes spending alot of time with raffa and felipinho.

he thanked everyone for all the prayer and thoughts, he was in such good mood, much like he always is, but this time around he has this look and way of talking of someone who realises that he is having his better days.

a great interview, he sounds very sober, and very hopeful, a renewed felipe massa.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 18 Aug 2009, 05:30

Massa targets Brazil return
Felipe Massa is targeting a comeback at this year's Brazilian Grand Prix as he continues to make good progress in his recovery from the head injury he sustained in Hungary three weeks ago.

The Brazilian sustained a brain concussion and damage to his skull and left eye after being struck on the helmet by a spring that had fallen out of Rubens Barrichello's car.

Massa is now recovering at home after being released from the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo two weeks ago, and is hoping to return to Formula 1 as soon as possible - targeting his home race in October.

"I cannot wait to race again, I hope I can do the Brazilian Grand Prix," Massa told Brazilian television channel Globo. "But it's not for me to say, it's for the doctors, and I have to show I can be ready for the grand prix."

He will have to pass an FIA medical test and an eye examination before he will be allowed back into a Formula 1 car.

"I think I am going to do some laps in a go-kart beforehand, then I will go to the FIA to do the examinations and get the authorisation to come back to racing."

Massa says he has no recollections of the accident itself, and just remembers waking up in the hospital in Hungary.

"I lived the accident, but I slept," he said. "I didn't see the spring. Many people ask me: 'the spring came, did you not see it?' But I didn't see it hit me, I didn't see anything. The spring just hit my head and I slept. The car crashed and I carried on accelerating but it almost wasn't me that was doing it. It looks like I move my hands, but I was sleeping.

"When I woke in hospital, I felt that everything was working. I saw that my eye was really really big, but I was breathing and thinking. I could move my arms, I could move my legs, I could move everything."

He confirmed that Barrichello feels no guilt over the incident after he was visited at home by his fellow Brazilian last week.

"Not at all," Massa added. "He didn't even know that I was behind him. It's not a problem at all. We are really good friends and what happened was going to happen, it could have been the spring from anyone."

Massa also said he had been touched by the response from his fans in his native Brazil.

"I had an idea, but the moment I got back to Brazil after the accident everyone was clapping me and shouting and hoping for me to get better and come back and race," he said. "It's a unique feeling and I keep saying 'thank you' all the time."

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77739

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 18 Aug 2009, 11:12

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=341313&FS=F1

Raikkonen has not called injured Massa
Racing series F1
Date 2009-08-18

By Motorsport.com/GMM

Kimi Raikkonen has not telephoned or visited Felipe Massa since his Ferrari teammate was injured at the Hungarian Grand Prix last month.

"Kimi has not called but I saw a video made by Sky (television) with all the drivers. He sent me a card to the hospital," Massa, 28, told Brazilian reporters on Monday.

Massa, however, said Raikkonen's silence is "no problem" since the Finn is a "unique person".

Michael Schumacher has been in contact with the Brazilian since he had to call off his sensational Valencia comeback, Massa revealed.

"He told me had had pain in his neck when the car drove over bumps on the circuit," Massa said.

Recent speculation has hinted at a return for Massa at the Italian Grand Prix next month, but the driver instead said he is simply hoping to come back before the end of the season.

"I'm still not 100 per cent and my sight in the left eye still isn't 100 per cent," Massa insisted. "I'm about 85, 90 per cent recovered. There is still a bit to go before I'm back to normal."

He said his convalescence at present is "boring" because he is not allowed to do any physical training, and revealed that he will have some cosmetic surgery to correct his facial scar.