Felipe Massa Injury - Fisichella to race to the end of 2009

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

If Massa cannot race, who should replace him?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2009, 18:52

Fernando Alonso
36%
Luca Badoer
28%
Mirko Bortolotti
3%
Sebastien Bourdais
11%
Marc Gene
22%
Davide Rigon
No votes

Total votes: 36

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Felipe Massa Injury/Replacement

Post by MP4/4#12 » 29 Jul 2009, 20:01

Rough translation - This one wasn`t so bad Ali

Dino Altmann was right when he said Felipe would leave Intensive care unit very soon; Massa was transfered to a room on the neurological unit, he made a scan this morning and all sweelling are smaller; The driver did walked his 1st steps around the bed, and the time he spent talking and awake were longer than usual for this kind of injury; His friend Popo has been with him and Felipe asked him to find out if he may return at Valencia in 3 weeks, his friends and his family told him to take it easy cause it might take a long time to be fully recovered; Some more days are needed to be sure about taking him to Paris to another hospital.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 29 Jul 2009, 20:07

MP4/4#12 wrote:Rough translation - This one wasn`t so bad Ali

Dino Altmann was right when he said Felipe would leave Intensive care unit very soon; Massa was transfered to a room on the neurological unit, he made a scan this morning and all sweelling are smaller; The driver did walked his 1st steps around the bed, and the time he spent talking and awake were longer than usual for this kind of injury; His friend Popo has been with him and Felipe asked him to find out if he may return at Valencia in 3 weeks, his friends and his family told him to take it easy cause it might take a long time to be fully recovered; Some more days are needed to be sure about taking him to Paris to another hospital.
Thanks mate. I've also heard that Massa may directly be transferred to his home, instead of taking to Paris. He also asked his wife at what position he was when he crashed during qualifying and who won the race. After he was given the answer, he said "That was my race."

:lol:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 30 Jul 2009, 10:47

Ali wrote:Kimi was busy on testing. I don't think it was him who actually wrote this but Ferrari's press officer likely :zz:
What testing? Anyway, good impression from Luca Colajanni then! :lol: He always manages to write a column for Kimi before and after races, so, great job! :thumbsup:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Jul 2009, 10:54

sejtur wrote:
Ali wrote:Kimi was busy on testing. I don't think it was him who actually wrote this but Ferrari's press officer likely :zz:
What testing? Anyway, good impression from Luca Colajanni then! :lol: He always manages to write a column for Kimi before and after races, so, great job! :thumbsup:
Testing for the Rally of Finland.

Not necessarily Luca Colajanni but his personal assistant would do the job. I really cannot image Kimi is stting on a computer and writing a post-race report or giving a speech for the same purpose. It's just one man's opinion btw, not a fact.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 30 Jul 2009, 10:56

O-T:
Well I think Kimi writes them himself, because at first they're always finnish. Then it's translated by Ferrari press officers, and they make small changes to what Kimi wrote to make it more neutral, more PR friendly.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 30 Jul 2009, 11:29

sejtur wrote:O-T:
Well I think Kimi writes them himself, because at first they're always finnish. Then it's translated by Ferrari press officers, and they make small changes to what Kimi wrote to make it more neutral, more PR friendly.
definitely agreed :O

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 11:52

Drivers' messages to Felipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGBjwNyOMY

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 14:16

Massa already thinking of racing
Felipe Massa is already thinking about racing again, and would be happy to get back into his Ferrari in the next race in Valencia, according to his personal doctor.

Although he joked Massa was "looking like a boxer", Dino Altman told journalists in front of the AEK hospital in Budapest on Thursday that the condition of the Brazilian driver, who suffered a serious accident during the qualifying session of the Hungarian Grand Prix was still getting better all the time.

"Felipe continues to improve. He is eating, he was walking around the room, he took a shower in the morning, like a normal person. So that's good news," Altman, Chief Medical Officer of the Brazilian Grand Prix, said.

"No problem with his eyes, as I've told you before, it's okay.

"He is eating normal food. He ate chicken, today in the morning he had a normal breakfast, some yogurt with nutritional complements, bread, cheese, tomato, and he also had a banana."

Altman said Massa didn't need any special treatments for his rehabilitation process from now on, as he only had to get stronger. He refused to give a specific timeframe for the Brazilian to go racing again, although he stressed he was "sure" Massa would eventually make it back onto the grid.

"It's the only thing he is thinking about, it's his fixed idea. He has no fears at all," Altman said. "He thinks he would be able to race in Valencia."

Reacting to the news that seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher would take his seat in the Ferrari while he was not able to drive again, Massa reportedly joked: "We have to see if I will let him drive!"

"He was joking with his friends and his brother," Altman revealed. "He was telling us that he heard about the Schumacher news, and he told us: 'Let's see if I let him drive the car, because I won't give up.'"

Altman had a short conversation in front of the hospital with FIA Institute deputy president Gerard Saillant, who he said was there to attend Massa as well.

"He has some things to do in his regular job so he has to go home today. But he was here all the time", Altman confirmed, denying earlier reports that Massa would be taken to Saillant's clinic in Paris. "No. We thought about that once, but that's it.

"The FIA medical team was always part of the process," Altman told AUTOSPORT. "Everybody was taking all the decisions together with the physicians here in Hungary."

"There are very good physicians here, really very high standards in terms of the hospital, the physicians, all the work, all the equipment and everything."

He said Massa would be going "home" from the hospital, but whether he would be taken to Monaco or Brazil was not yet decided.

"It depends on when he will go out. There are so many things to deal with, so it's very difficult to say."

On Wednesday afternoon Massa was again visited at the hospital in Budapest by Ferrari chief Luca di Montezemolo, who flew over from Italy to see him.

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77434

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Jul 2009, 14:23

phil1993 wrote:Massa already thinking of racing
Oh no, I feel like I am evil cause I don't want to see Massa in the cockpit at Valencia :blush:

Please Massa, be very good, be very very good, my prays and thoughts are always with you but please, don't race there. Just focus on your health.

Oh I am evil! :blush:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 14:31

I have the same feelings Alios

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Jul 2009, 15:36

i have got a strange feelin that he will be there in valencia ready to drive,he is already doing normal things.. and there are still 20 days.. lets wait and see...

hoping that kimi goes into rally few months early and we will have the 2006 ferrari pair..

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 18:51

Rubi Rubi Rubi Rubi Rubi's Twitter wrote:My phone rang. It was Felipe. I could not believe it. He sounded great and in good spirit .He is great..he deserves all the best

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Jul 2009, 18:57

Yeah Hopefully Massa can drive in Valencia :D

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Jul 2009, 19:05

They won't let him - insurance companies etc blah blah... and can you imagine if Schumi's return would be cancelled? Bad Bad PR. Bernie needs the money from ticket sales so he will drive for Vale and hopefully Spa... please...

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 30 Jul 2009, 19:11

Never mind the bad PR. Worry about the riots at the track!