2009 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Miscellaneous

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: 2009 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Miscellaneous

Post by phil1993 » 16 Jul 2009, 20:48

Alguesuari is way too inexperienced for F1...yes Vettel was at a similar level, but he has not competed enough - it could ruin him...

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 16 Jul 2009, 20:49

getting sato would be a good choice..

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Jul 2009, 21:21

So

STR: Alguesuari, Hartley to share; Loeb for Abu Dhabi
Renault: Grosjean in for the rest of the season

Sorry, I was in the 10% of Spain where F1 wasnt on TV and am therefore suffering from chronic F1 withdrawal

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Jul 2009, 22:21

phil1993 wrote: Sorry, I was in the 10% of Spain where F1 wasnt on TV and am therefore suffering from chronic F1 withdrawal
You have one week to regain your strength. Come on, keep pushing :p
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Jul 2009, 14:13

Bourdais to begin legal process against team
Spoiler:
Sébastien Bourdais has announced that he will be taking legal action against Scuderia Toro Rosso after news of his instant departure on Thursday. The Frenchman argues that his contract ran until the end of the season and therefore states how the Italian squad has breached the deal, adding that he will remain personally committed to F1.

Rumoured for some time, the ousting from the Faenza-based Toro Rosso team of four-time Champ Car Champion Bourdais was confirmed on Thursday and is likely to be followed by the appointment of reigning British Formula 3 Champion Jaime Alguersuari.

However, a response from Bourdais states that he is both employing the services of barristers and, furthermore, believes that no action of his own has influenced the decision of the team.

Bourdais' statement reads:

'I am very disappointed and shocked by the decision taken by Scuderia Toro Rosso of not allowing me to drive for the Team until the end of the current season.

I consider that, in doing so, Scuderia Toro Rosso has breached its contractual duties towards me; also I believe that nothing in my behavior would legitimate a decision of the Team to terminate the contract.

I think that the Team's decision is in clear violation of Scuderia Toro Rosso's obligations under the agreement. I have instructed my lawyers to review the situation including the possibility of issuing legal proceedings.

I am even more frustrated by the Team's decision considering that the latter has been taken immediately before the Hungarian Grand Prix, where a new highly competitive racing package will be introduced by the Team in order to try and overcome its current difficulties.

I am convinced that if I was given the chance to race with such a new package I would have had the opportunity to achieve satisfactory results.

Finally, I would like to thank all my fans for their support. My motivation is intact and I will continue to be strongly committed to my Formula One project, for which I have renounced to my career in United States.'

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 17 Jul 2009, 14:20

shail69 wrote:getting sato would be a good choice..
They should have given him the seat at the beginning of the season, they knew this would happen
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 17 Jul 2009, 14:25

Campos hopes to announce one of its drivers at the European GP.

I think Piquet will get a drive with a new team next year - someone of F1 exeperience like him might help

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 18 Jul 2009, 07:35

Tracy suspected Bourdais F1 departure

Having predicted two years ago that former IndyCar competitor Sébastien Bourdais would be facing a hard time in Formula One, Paul Tracy appears to have been correct this week as the Frenchman was released from the Toro Rosso team.

Having watched last Sunday's German Grand Prix and seen what proved to be the final F1 race for Bourdais in a Toro Rosso, Tracy was not surprised to read Thursday's news of his ousting. "I'm not surprised he's got the boot," the Canadian KV Racing driver wrote for Racer. "The guy was a misery even when he had the best car and was winning everything, so I guess he's been pretty unbearable this last 18 months." :lol:

Having scored a point in Monaco but being generally outshone by rookie team-mate Sébastien Buemi, Bourdais has since claimed that no action of his own could have influenced the team's decision and that a contract which should have taken him to the end of the year is resulting in legal issues with the team. He has, however, stated that he will continue to attempt an extension of his F1 career as opposed to returning to the United States.

"He's a great driver but I bet his attitude didn't exactly encourage the team to solve his problems," Tracy continued. "I'm in two minds about this; I'm dreaming of the day that I'm able to give Bourdais the gears again but I will be mightily p***** if he walks back into a deal when I've been working my tail off - doing promotions and helping to sell tickets for race organisers - and don't get a ride."

sonofgabe
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sonofgabe » 19 Jul 2009, 02:41

Putting Alguesuari in a Toro Rosso seems like a desperate money grab. Talk about jumping in at the deep end! I agree this could ruin him. Not sorry to see Bourdais leave, can't really blame the team for that move. Loeb would be awesome -- I'd love to see him race an F1 car.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2009, 08:02

The Gravel Trap wrote:Former F1 racer Ralf Schumacher reckons that Red Bull ‘allowing’ Mark Webber to win the German Grand Prix was a mistake and that his fellow countryman Sebastian Vettel should have been given the victory as he is a better bet for the title.

You can say what you like about the Germans, but at least they stick together.

Ralf said in an interview with Bild: “There are no team orders at Red Bull and that is actually an error.

“Sebastian is the stronger driver and he should be collecting every point he can.”

Ralf Schumacher offering advice on how to win an F1 world championship? That’ll make everybody sit up and listen...
The Gravel Trap wrote:If the global economic crisis is getting you down and the worry of debt is keeping you awake at night, then a quick read of Forbes Magazine’s 2009 Rich List should cheer you up.

While you may have to sell a kidney just to fill the car up, it is reassuring to know that our celebrities and sportsmen are still coining it in at an impressive rate.

The world of motorsport features well, with even office cleaners in the NASCAR series raking it in, but holding the side up for the Europeans is Lewis Hamilton, who scraped by on $32 million last year, MotoGP main man Valentino Rossi, who made $35m, with Kimi Raikkonen top of the pile – the Finn trousering an impressive $45m.

It’s difficult to know which is the most unbelievable, Kimi getting $45 million despite not winning a race for more than a year, or the fact that Forbes bracket him in the ‘athlete’ category…

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2009, 08:15

Noble (Autosport journalist) from twitter: Alguersuari confirmed at Toro Rosso, as we predicted last week.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2009, 08:19

Ali wrote:Noble (Autosport journalist) from twitter: Alguersuari confirmed at Toro Rosso, as we predicted last week.
Scuderia Toro Rosso has confirmed Spaniard Jaime Alguersuari will make his Formula 1 racing debut at the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend.

The 19-year-old will become the youngest driver to participate in a grand prix in the history of the sport.

Alguersuari replaces Frenchman Sebastien Bourdais at the wheel of the second car, partnering Swiss racer Sebastien Buemi.

"I would like to thank Red Bull for giving me this great opportunity to race in Formula 1," he said. "Ever since I started racing this has been my dream and thanks to the Red Bull Junior Programme I will now realise my ambition of lining up on a Grand Prix grid.

"I am aware that I'm facing a very tough challenge, because coming into Formula 1 is never easy, coming into Formula 1 in the middle of a season is even harder and doing so without any testing is really difficult. But already I feel that I am getting great support from the team, who have quite a reputation for looking after rookie drivers."

Team boss Franz Tost added: "Red Bull's stated aim for Scuderia Toro Rosso is that, when possible, it should be used to provide a seat for products of its Young Driver Programme. We therefore chose Alguersuari as the most mature driver currently in the programme.

"I am well aware that over the next few months the team and Jaime will face a major challenge, especially because of the testing ban. But Red Bull is always ready for a new challenge. I do not expect anything from him for at least his first three races, during which he has to get used to the car, the team and to the Formula 1 environment."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77091

Another name that's gonna take me ages to learn how to spell :roll::

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Jul 2009, 08:37

*Placing Alguersuari as last classified in the PL*
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2009, 09:05

Has a driver made an F1 debut with so little F1 testing and so few high formulae races?

At least Raikkonen did thousands of miles of testing before his debut

Although if he's near to Buemi, the Swiss driver will be sh!tting himself for his future. I predict Alguersuari to spin off a few times on Friday, 20th in Q1 and probably retire from the race, or at least make mistakes and be at least 1 second away from Buemi's time

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 20 Jul 2009, 09:35

I don't think so. Toro Rosso are getting the upgrades Red Bull got for Silverstone so should be much quicker. He won't get out of Q1, but he won't be last either.