Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 Kimi's last season?

Post by Haukinen » 15 Jul 2009, 08:28

Noway!

You must not always believe the italian media. They just wanna make a good story. Even if it's not true. I've seen that many times...

In 2007, the italians didn't like him. They thought he was a total loser. But when he was the world champion, opinions changed, they worshiped him.
And Kimi got thumbsup from Domenicali, and Kimi's crew have shotted down those rumours about his retirement.

Personally, I believe, that Kimi goes to the end of season 2010, and THEN he switches to rally...

I don't care what ''La Gazzetta dello etc'' says!

But of course, if that's really true, he makes a good decision. There's no sense in F1 anymore

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Jul 2009, 09:01

Totopupu wrote:But Kimi is now bad and it's stupid to say he is unlucky.
Yea, because it was Kimi's fault himself that a rock perforated his engine cooling system.
And in silverstone he shouldn't have qualified so good so that he had a better strategy.

What you said there made absolutely no sense.
Totopupu wrote:For example, when I see Alonso driving on a "poor" renault, he looks like a good driver who want to overtake, to make the best times, to improve is car, ... . But, Kimi, in a equal car looks bad : he don't "search" to overtake, to improve his car (in february, in Bahrein, he said the Ferrari was very good, although the car wasn't great),
You have to see what Alonso says after the race to judge if he was driving a dog. He was definately looking to overtake the Brawns in the last laps, but he said that his car made alot of progress. Kimi overtook Sutil coming out of the pits, which was pretty brave. Last year in hockenheim I saw Kimi looking almost every lap to overtake someone. I think you shouldn't judge from an impression, but do better research before you say something like that.

If you're saying that Alonso can develop a car better, I think that I have to agree; the development of the F2008 last year didn't went well for Kimi, but in the end of the year Alonso had a great Renault.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Jul 2009, 10:15

Kimi is no Alonso,

and he´s absolutely no Schumacher.

I´m glad when he´s gone. He is the worst piece of business Ferrari have ever made. 35 million a year for nothing.
He was bought as the star driver, he will leave as a fallen star. He has done nothing for Ferrari, the 2007 championship was only won, because the McLaren boys tussled with each other. Last season said it all, lost to Massa by a country mile, I mean Massa! Even Barrichello was better in his prime than Massa.

And I don´t need to start talking about Kimi´s work attitude, atrocious. If Stefano Domenicali wasn´t so weak he would have fired him long ago. Jean Todt would have done so, I´m sure.

Kimi´s 3 years at Ferrari - as lackluster as his interviews.

I hope Fernando can finally join Ferrari next year, he could be the saviour. I´m sick of watching 2 idiots driving the cars.
Last edited by TwistedArmco on 16 Jul 2009, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: queer changed to weak, because queer has connotations :P

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 15 Jul 2009, 11:20

blizzard wrote: I hope Fernando can finally join Ferrari next year, he could be the saviour. I´m sick of watching 2 idiots driving the cars.
I bet then you will complaint abt donkeys :p what savior :lol: Ferrari doesn't need any savior!!!

Time will tell how "great" is Alonso :zz:

You think Alonso is doctor who can quickly heal Ferrari with 0.6 pill :rofl:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jul 2009, 11:35

I'll support him as long as he Drives. I am really happy because he'll leave this Team - Let's see what Massa and Fernando can do :zz:

Keep Flying Kimi Flag:##

corry
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by corry » 15 Jul 2009, 11:38

kimi to replace kovalinen? :)

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Jul 2009, 13:20

blizzard wrote:And I don´t need to start talking about Kimi´s work attitude, atrocious. If Stefano Domenicali wasn´t so weak he would have fired him long ago. Jean Todt would have done so, I´m sure.

You sound like Eddie Jordan.
Kimi did indeed absolutely nothing at Ferrari, WDC and third place is nothing compared to what Schumi did in his first years at Ferrari.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Jul 2009, 13:25

Zack wrote:
blizzard wrote: I hope Fernando can finally join Ferrari next year, he could be the saviour. I´m sick of watching 2 idiots driving the cars.
I bet then you will complaint abt donkeys :p what savior :lol: Ferrari doesn't need any savior!!!

Time will tell how "great" is Alonso :zz:

You think Alonso is doctor who can quickly heal Ferrari with 0.6 pill :rofl:

Yes I think so. You will see mate :O
Fernando does not only drive the car, he lives F1 with his heart and soul. He´s a proud latino who does not only drive for money.

He will give his everything for Ferrari and make the Tifosi proud again, something that has gone since Michael retired. Even the wins by Massa and Räikkönen in 2007 and 2008, they had nothing special about them, they were just wins in a great car. Fernando can win races other drivers can´t win, in a car which is in theory not good enough for victories. Just like Schumacher and Senna.

Kimi had 2 great years at McLaren, 2003 and 2005. But since he joined Ferrari, there was nothing, absolutely nothing special from him.
He can only perform in a great car when everything fits together 100%, he can´t carry a team or get better results than his car would normally allow.
35 million per year is a joke for what Kimi is doing at Ferrari.

I don´t have anything against him personally, but he´s a s*** racing driver these days. And it would be great for Ferrari and the Ferrari fans if he was going to leave. And the next step is to get Massa out of the team, who is not good enough for Ferrari either.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Jul 2009, 13:30

sejtur wrote:
blizzard wrote:And I don´t need to start talking about Kimi´s work attitude, atrocious. If Stefano Domenicali wasn´t so queer he would have fired him long ago. Jean Todt would have done so, I´m sure.

You sound like Eddie Jordan.
Kimi did indeed absolutely nothing at Ferrari, WDC and third place is nothing compared to what Schumi did in his first years at Ferrari.

Schumi won 3 races in his first year, in a car that was complete c**p, including wins in spain and monza which rank amongst the greatest drives in F1 history, well at least spain 96.

In 97 he nearly won a championship in a car that was 3rd or 4th best on the grid.

Enough said. If you try to compare Kimi with Schumi you onloy get a big big smile from me :O

It was Michael, who helped to create the F2007, which was easily the best car on the grid and when Kimi couldn´t get his act together by midseason, who had to test the car to improve it? Right Michael, because Kimi is too bad in developing a car. - JUst think about it.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Jul 2009, 13:43

Well, you started comparing Kimi... "Kimi is no Alonso,

and he´s absolutely no Schumacher." So give yourself a big smile too then :p

I myself said already that Kimi wasn't a star with developing a car, but saying that he's a sh*t driver goes too far for me. BTW Schumi didn't test the F2007 mid-season, he only tested it in November, for the next year: 2008. So get your facts right. He also didn't create the F2007, his last drive in 2006 was the Brazil GP. He created the F2007 in the sense that it was an evolution of the F1248 used in 2006. This year, Kimi is developing the car quite succefully as Ferrari becomes better almost every race. You just make Kimi look bad by only saying things that are negative to him, that aren't even true.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jul 2009, 14:10

blizzard wrote: Enough said. If you try to compare Kimi with Schumi you onloy get a big big smile from me :O.
But why are you comparing Kimi to Michael? More reasons to disrespect schumacher

- For petulantly passing Hill on the Silverstone formation lap in 1994.
- For smashing Hill out at Adelaide to win the title in 1994 and using an illegal TC to win title.
- For passing waved yellows at Suzuka 97' - whereas Jacques Villeneuve was disqualified for doing it!
- For trying to smash Villeneuve out to win the title at Jerez in 1997
- For using Eddie Irvine/Rubens Barichello to block everyone to win
- For smashing Coulthard out in Argentina in 1998
- For forcing H.H. Frentzen off the track in Montreal in 1998 and saying it was fair.
- For serving 10 second penalty on last lap at Silverstone 1998 to avoid negotiating the time-wasting pit-lane exit.
- For smashing into the back of Coulthard at Spa in 1998 and blaming him! for it
- For trying to attack Coulthard in the pit-lane after the incident.
- For stalling on the grid at Suzuka in 1998 and blaming the car and clutch!
- For saying that everyone blocked him when near the back at Suzuka in 1998.
- For Ferrari's 4-year block-tactics regime.
- For holding up Hakkinen for the whole race at Sepang in 1999 , then letting Irvine through - twice - to win a race he didn't deserve to.
- For moaning when Coulthard did the same thing for just '2' corners in the next race at Suzuka, when Hakkinen won the title again.
- For Ferrari using and escaping with using the 'illegal' barge-boards at Sepang in 1999.
- For Ferrari's trial that contradicted the stewards original 'banning' of the barge-boards in the first place!
- For forcing his own brother off the track at the Spanish Grand Prix in favour of his team-mate in 2000.
- For passing and getting away with passing Kimi Raikonnen under 'waved' yellow flags at the French Grand Prix 2002 and for the stewards and the FIA letting it happen.
- For insisting on having bootlickers for teammates with Ferrari.
- For blocking Alonso at monaco in 2006

The problem is Michael Schumacher never recognized any wrongdoing, never apologized and reverted to the same unfair and dangerous practices each time he was not able to make it by his own talent.

and Yes Kimi is much better than M. schumacher.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 15 Jul 2009, 14:20

Kimi better than Schumacher? Never in a million years. Give Kimi the 97 Ferrari and he gets nowhere near the championship, give him the 96 Ferrari and he doesn't win a race. Schumi could be a bastard but he was the best driver in F1 for over a decade. Also Schumi never gave up and never lacked motivation, while Raikkonen's motivation is sorely lacking.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Jul 2009, 14:29

I disagree that Kimi is way better than Schumi, I even think that Schumi is a bit better than Kimi overall, Kimi has just a little bit more raw speed, but Schumacher can cope more with different cars, a more complete driver.

But swca92, why do you think that Kimi lacks motivation? Or is it just a suspicion? It's like some of you just judge Kimi from that he's a relaxed guy, laid back, and then say he has no motivation? Or just because he's not happy with third but only with a win? Or because he hasn't won in a long time? Looks kinda ignorant to me.

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 15 Jul 2009, 15:11

Joining Ferrari was good for Kimi's happiness, but not for results. He needs more strictness like at McLaren to success, cause I think Kimi's a little bit lazy etc.

Most talented driver in F1, but not as motivated than most of the others.

And btw I don't understand why Italian and Spanish idiot media are moaning about Kimi again and again. This season hasn't been bad for him, just not good enough car. Massa haven't been better.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 15 Jul 2009, 15:53

i think kimi was happier at mclaren, but was frustrated by the results given to him by his car and was collared a bit on his behaviour outside the racing suit.

at ferrari he had the car (most of the time) that gave him results, he had freedom, but was basically on his own most of the time.