Unfulfilled Breakaway Series Idea and FOTA-FIA War

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phil1993

Re: Breakaway Series to be Launched by FOTA

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 11:39

Alonso: F1 is dead; Breakaway series is the new F1

On another note, A Tehran Street race would attract large crowds

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 11:54

iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Breaking: Consensus in the paddock is that a deal HAS been reached.
Ali : " source please?" :lol:
Yeah, at some point, I'll start to delete un-sourced news :<>:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 11:57

Ali wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Breaking: Consensus in the paddock is that a deal HAS been reached.
Ali : " source please?" :lol:
Yeah, at some point, I'll start to delete un-sourced news :<>:
Well I'll start a breakway series free of having to post sourced news :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 12:03

Haha you mean I am Mosley in a way?

Oh come on, that's unfair to say. Anyway, let's just try to give source. No big deal.

Force India waiting on F1 future
Force India boss Vijay Mallya has suggested his team is undecided on its future in Formula 1 following FOTA's decision to create a breakaway championship.

Force India and Williams have been the only two current teams who submitted unconditional entries for the 2010 championship.

However, FOTA announced on Thursday night that, after failing to reach a deal with the FIA, will launch its own series with its eight member squads.

Mallya said he was sad that it was not possible to reach a compromise deal, and suggested his team will consider its options following this weekend's events.

"We have been completely open and transparent with FOTA," said Mallya in a statement.

"We have shared the legal and commercial obligations that necessitated an unconditional entry by Force India to the FIA Formula One World Championship 2010. I think the transparency with which we acted was appreciated by FOTA but they chose to suspend us, like Williams.

"We were always hoping there would be compromise between FOTA and the FIA but at midnight last night I was notified by FOTA about their decision, which already seems to be heading towards a breakaway championship or series.

"We find this to be very sad and disappointing, particularly since the FIA World Championship and the Formula One brand has been developed into an invaluable property over many decades.

"As of now, Force India is a confirmed entrant to the FIA 2010 Formula One World Championship and we wait to see the developments over the weekend. Until a clear direction has been identified, we do not wish to make any further comments."

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76310
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Jun 2009, 12:04

I see no information about that consensus thing either so yes, sources would be good in these kind of news because otherwise it will be misleading for the members here.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:06

Ali wrote:Haha you mean I am Mosley in a way?

Oh come on, that's unfair to say. Anyway, let's just try to give source. No big deal.
Spoiler:
Force India waiting on F1 future
Force India boss Vijay Mallya has suggested his team is undecided on its future in Formula 1 following FOTA's decision to create a breakaway championship.

Force India and Williams have been the only two current teams who submitted unconditional entries for the 2010 championship.

However, FOTA announced on Thursday night that, after failing to reach a deal with the FIA, will launch its own series with its eight member squads.

Mallya said he was sad that it was not possible to reach a compromise deal, and suggested his team will consider its options following this weekend's events.

"We have been completely open and transparent with FOTA," said Mallya in a statement.

"We have shared the legal and commercial obligations that necessitated an unconditional entry by Force India to the FIA Formula One World Championship 2010. I think the transparency with which we acted was appreciated by FOTA but they chose to suspend us, like Williams.

"We were always hoping there would be compromise between FOTA and the FIA but at midnight last night I was notified by FOTA about their decision, which already seems to be heading towards a breakaway championship or series.

"We find this to be very sad and disappointing, particularly since the FIA World Championship and the Formula One brand has been developed into an invaluable property over many decades.

"As of now, Force India is a confirmed entrant to the FIA 2010 Formula One World Championship and we wait to see the developments over the weekend. Until a clear direction has been identified, we do not wish to make any further comments."

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76310

Alios baby stay cool :lol:

Okay, according to Sky,Tony Jardine said that the consesus in the paddock was that a deal has been reached, but that was an hour ago, and nothing has happened
Last edited by phil1993 on 19 Jun 2009, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 19 Jun 2009, 12:08

I hope they will invite williams to new series.. It's part of the story too.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 12:11

hannibal_rising wrote:I hope they will invite williams to new series.. It's part of the story too.
Yeah, I feel the same way. It will be really shame if Williams are left behind. But on the other hand, Frank Williams would want to get a world championship or two until 2012 with Ferrari or McLaren absent in FIA F1 WCC.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:12

Ali wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:I hope they will invite williams to new series.. It's part of the story too.
Yeah, I feel the same way. It will be really shame if Williams are left behind. But on the other hand, Frank Williams would want to get a world championship or two until 2012 with Ferrari or McLaren absent in FIA F1 WCC.
Yeah, but not sure about the latter half of that. F1 is McLaren, Ferrari and Williams. All other teams come and go, but they are the rocks of F1 if you like

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:23

FIA press conference today at 3pm with Ross Brawn, Christian Horner, Martin Whitmarsh and Adam Parr.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:27

3? But practice is on then

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:30

If you take F1's 3 largest fan bases, the british , spanish and Italian will support the break-away series because that's where Lewis , Alonso and Ferrari will be .

F1.com has no mention of the split :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jun 2009, 12:58

FIA responds : Teams didn't act in good Faith

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 69,00.html

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 19 Jun 2009, 13:16

iceman1 wrote:FIA responds : Teams didn't act in good Faith

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 69,00.html
It was the first respond. The second one will come later in the day.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 19 Jun 2009, 13:33

I highly doubt, that a breakaway series will really exist next year. I still think they will reach some agreement with the FIA at some point.
But if not, than this will be a great day for racing! Would be great without Max and Bernie and all their bad habits.

Gerhard Berger for president of GP1 ! :)