£40m Budget Cap and Controversies

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: £40m Budget Cap and Controversies

Post by dazmoffman » 10 Jun 2009, 20:18

thanks for keeping this post going its interesting to see how things are developing or not developing, i want to see all current teams racing next year but some of these proposals seem very unrealistic i wonder how the FIA themselves will be cutting theyre own costs as dramatic how many people they will be letting go how much less of my television licence fee will end up in the pockets of max and bernie.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Jun 2009, 21:17

phil1993 wrote:Already posted above Ali...
Yeah but maybe you should post an extract of news huh?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Jun 2009, 11:45

Last minute attack: Mosley to meet with teams today
Formula 1 teams are due to meet with FIA president Max Mosley in London today to try and reach a last-minute deal over entries for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the governing body having made clear the compromises it is willing to offer.
Spoiler:
Formula 1 teams are due to meet with FIA president Max Mosley in London today to try and reach a last-minute deal over entries for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the governing body having made clear the compromises it is willing to offer.

With the entry list for the 2010 championship due to be announced by the FIA tomorrow morning, efforts are increasing to reach a resolution that will head off the threat of current manufacturer teams walking away from F1.

Although there have been suggestions in the past few days that the two sides are edging near a resolution, there still appears to be differences between the two parties about the way forward for next year.

However, AUTOSPORT has learned that Mosley is willing to soften the FIA's approach to next year - which includes scrapping a two-tier category – even though he insists a budget cap must be in place in 2010.

In a letter Mosley sent to Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo following his last meeting with teams in Monaco, a copy of which has been seen by AUTOSPORT, Mosley said that there was some ground for manoeuvre in what the FIA would be willing to accept for next year.

"We can agree that all teams race under the same 2010 rules," said Mosley, referring to the original proposal for a two-tier F1 that had been a major bone of contention for a lot of teams.

"These would be as published, but with the technical and sporting advantages originally offered to cost-cap teams deleted."

Rather than having performance benefits, the FIA said it was willing to give new teams the opportunity to work on technology transfer deals with established outfits – as has been hinted about by Frank Williams in recent days.

Mosley added: "Instead of these advantages, we will facilitate know-how transfer between certain current teams and new entrants at least for 2010 and possibly for 2011."

One thing Mosley is not willing to back down on though is the introduction of a budget cap – even if the figure is made very high for next year.

He said he was willing to propose: "A cap in 2010. This could be as high as 100 million Euros, but we must have a cap and we must have certainty... For 2011, again we must have certainty with a cap at £40 million (or if preferred 45 million Euros)."

However, Mosley said that a compromise could be introduced whereby one highly paid member of staff would be allowed to be outside the budget cap – which would help those outfits who have star names, like Adrian Newey or Ross Brawn, on board.

Furthermore, the FIA said it was willing to sign a Concorde Agreement 'broadly' along the lines of the version sent to it prior to the Monaco Grand Prix, plus a renaming of the cost cap – which has been a big issue for the teams.http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76008
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Jun 2009, 13:06

^
James Allen: "Bosses of Ferrari, Red Bull and Toyota are meeting Max Mosley this morning in London, 24 hours before the entries for 2010 come out"
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2009, 15:39

Ali wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Already posted above Ali...
Yeah but maybe you should post an extract of news huh?
Maybe you should realise its a link huh?

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Jun 2009, 15:46

I don't understand why you're making a fuss for a small matter Phil. Sometimes links may not be duly seen on the page, let alone for a tiny link of yours. I even didn't see it. And you know better than me we are adding small extracts of the news so that people can understand what it is all about and decide whether that particular news is appealing to them or not; and eventually go to the source page to fully read it. That's all about making life easy for the members.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2009, 15:50

Ali wrote:I don't understand why you're making a fuss for a small matter Phil. Sometimes links may not be duly seen on the page, let alone for a tiny link of yours. I even didn't see it. And you know better than me we are adding small extracts of the news so that people can understand what it is all about and decide whether that particular news is appealing to them or not; and eventually go to the source page to fully read it. That's all about making life easy for the members.
I don't see why you are ordering me how to present my posts - I'm trying to help members who want the news as much as you do - I just format them differently.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 11 Jun 2009, 15:51

:n
Off-Topic: show
simmer down guys.......i'm on a tight budget :lol:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Jun 2009, 15:58

phil1993 wrote:
Ali wrote:I don't understand why you're making a fuss for a small matter Phil. Sometimes links may not be duly seen on the page, let alone for a tiny link of yours. I even didn't see it. And you know better than me we are adding small extracts of the news so that people can understand what it is all about and decide whether that particular news is appealing to them or not; and eventually go to the source page to fully read it. That's all about making life easy for the members.
I don't see why you are ordering me how to present my posts - I'm trying to help members who want the news as much as you do - I just format them differently.
Order?

It was just a suggestion. "Sighs loudly" just doesn't give a clue what is all about. It's always up to you what and how you'll post but I just wanted to make you see how someone may miss to see/read your link. I believe I made my point, it's just a misunderstanding.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2009, 16:02

Ali wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Order?

It was just a suggestion. "Sighs loudly" just doesn't give a clue what is all about. It's always up to you what and how you'll post but I just wanted to make you see how someone may miss to see/read your link. I believe I made my point, it's just a misunderstanding.
Okay then. But I made my point too.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Jun 2009, 16:37

Philipe baby calm down

Ali baby calm down

:lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 11 Jun 2009, 16:47

haha i laughed there :lol:
yeah you guys, peace & love :)

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 Jun 2009, 16:58

phil1993 wrote:
Ali,s format is good and it makes me wonder as if he has nothing else to do, not in a negative way.
You seem to be spending a lot of time posting the news in a systematic way makes me think that you spend all you time in this forum.
But keep it up..

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 11 Jun 2009, 17:09

(: It's nowhere near a fight, just an opinion exchange :thumbsup: We're friends, at least for my part.

In fact I have lots of work to do shail but as my job (which is translating) requires computer all the time, effectively I am always online. Since I got a web page to update, I always check F1 web sites for breaking news. When I get, I immediately post here.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2009, 17:14

Sorry, I'm stressed. Exam tomoroow and I didnt have today to revise because of other exams. Learning the whole 2 year course in 3 hours now.