£40m Budget Cap and Controversies

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
AzShadow

Re: Budget Cap Imposed by FIA - £40m

Post by AzShadow » 20 May 2009, 12:06

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37941 wrote: Court rejects Ferrari's legal bid

The Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris has rejected Ferrari's injunction against the FIA's proposed rule changes for 2010.

More details to follow.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 May 2009, 12:31

Now that we entered into a new territory. Until May 29, all teams should apply for the 2010 season entry. According to reports, there are now 9 teams confirming their intention such as Lola, USF1, Wirth Research, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos Racing, iSport ve Litespeed. There are 13 slots available for the 2010 season. After the application of Brawn, Force India, Williams (the only three teams whose main business is Formula 1) and McLaren (who have been very quiet during the row), there will be 9 slots available for (coincidently) 9 new teams. If all applications are deemed to be valid, then Ferrari, Renault, Toyota, Red Bull, Toro Rosso and BMW will be out of F1.

There will one other alternative left for big teams (if they insist not to lodge their application on May 29) to buy newly registered teams in order to be able to enter into championship. After the FOTA meeting in Monaco this weekend, everything will be much clearer.

Details:

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75442
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 May 2009, 12:41

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37943 wrote: Ferrari mocks 2010 'entry list'

Ferrari, which has declared that it will not contest the 2010 Formula One World Championship, has openly ridiculed some of the names being suggested as possible entrants, thereby replacing the legendary team, and Red Bull and Toyota, on the grid next season.

"They couldn't believe their eyes, the men at women working at Ferrari, when they read the papers this morning and found the names of the teams, declaring that they have the intention to race in Formula 1 next year," mocks the Maranello outfit.

"Looking at the list, which was leaked yesterday in Paris, you can't find a very famous name," the Italian team continues. "One of those one has to spend 400 Euros per person for a place on the grandstand at a GP (plus the expenses for the journey and the stay..). Wirth Research, Lola, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos, iSport: these are the names of the teams, which should compete in the two-tier Formula 1 wanted by Mosley.

"Can a World Championship with teams like them - with due respect - have the same value as today's Formula 1, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it Formula GP3?"

That is a question that many F1 fans may currently be asking.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: £40m Budget Cap and Controversies - Updated

Post by mikhailv » 20 May 2009, 13:12

Its a complete joke.

I couldnt care less about lola, iSport, USF1 and so forth, if it means I have to lose BMW, Renault, Ferrari, Red Bull/Toro Rosso and Toyota.

Also, think of the drivers.

Which of those teams could afford the likes of Alonso, Massa, Raikkonen, Kubica and so forth? USF1 has eyes only for American drivers (Like hell would I want Scott Speed over Alonso ¬_¬) Isport would most likely use GP2 talent, Lola couldnt afford to pay the big guys money, nor would the drivers actually want to goto those teams.

Mosely undoubtedly will win, but then we've lost the manufacturers. We've most likely lost most of the best drivers, we'll have at least 14 new Force India's on track, and it will be the biggest joke alive.

I hate to be pessimistic, but the FIA is screwing over Moto GP and WTCC just the same.

For example, WTCC has a budget cap of £30 million next year voluntary. So tell me, how can a sport which uses basically road car chassis with souped up engines and so forth, be only 10 million cheaper than the pinnacle of motorsport, which features the most advanced technology, the best technical heads, pit crews, Rubber, stretegists and so forth, be just 10 mil cheaper!?

Its ABSURD. I fear, than 2009 is the last season of F1 for me, because its a JOKE.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 20 May 2009, 13:27

The budget cap of WTCC is 30 million but with all.

But, the F1 budget cap doesnt include drivers "money" for example.

And, I am so happy to see that F1 is going to be better in 2010 with many team and without all these money which make F1 a political place and not the best motorsport championship
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 May 2009, 13:58

Mwahaha, Ferrari think the whole sport (and legal system) revolves around them.
Can a world championship with teams like them - with due respect - have the same value as today's Formula 1, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete?
So what, BMW, Toyota and Renault really helped create the history of the sport, did they? They're solid as hell now, but in the history of the sport, they've been in and out, no bigger a part of the sport than Ligier, Tyrrell, Brabham, Jordan, March and many other capable but ultimately forgotten teams.

Brabham 35 wins
Renault 35 wins
Tyrrell 23 wins
Ligier 9 wins
Jordan 4 wins
March 3 wins
Wolf 3 wins
BMW 1 win
Toyota 0 wins

I don't see anyone crying for Tyrrell's decision to pull out, Wolf folding or Renault pulling out in 1985. I don't think, if Toyota or BMW quit, they'd affect the sport greatly. They haven't formed the history of F1, they're just representative o our current age of F1, which is going to be overhauled some day.

Ferrari would be a much bigger loss. Ferrari, McLaren and Williams ARE F1, but if they pull out, throwing their toys out of the pram on the way, then it's their fault. If F1 returns to a time when most of the teams are privatized, I fail to see how this is a bad thing.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 May 2009, 14:12

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75445 wrote: Alonso worried over his F1 future
Spoiler:
Alonso, whose Renault team has said it will not enter F1 next year unless the rules are changed, has confessed that the situation has left him very uneasy.

When asked by AUTOSPORT if amid all the political turmoil he feared that he would not be racing in F1 next year, Alonso said: "Yes. It is very worrying."

Although the Spaniard says the political distractions will not divert his attention from racing this weekend, he concedes it is difficult not to think about it when away from the race track.

And he has made it clear that he does not want to race in a category dominated by just new teams.

"I tried to switch off and concentrate on this business," he said. "Here, when I am in Monaco, I will be 100 per cent focused on the grand prix, with the weekend. But it is true that last week when I was at home it was impossible to switch off because I don't know if this will be my last time in Monaco.

"If the big teams and the big manufacturers leave F1 then I don't want to race with small teams, because it is not any more F1 and there are many other categories.

"For me, it is strange that no one sat down and thought how we are damaging the sport, how much damage the sport has had in the last two months. To have those three or four new teams and losing seven of the big manufacturers I cannot understand - and not losing only seven manufacturers but losing the 10 best drivers in the world. It becomes no more interesting, F1."

Alonso is scheduled to attend the Le Mans 24 Hours race next month, and has admitted that competing in the event in the future would be of interest to him - but he denied his focus would rest there if he was forced out of F1.

"I hope to race more than one race a year, but obviously I am 27, I have been two-times world champion and I would like to win more categories and more series."

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 May 2009, 15:43

AzShadow wrote:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37943 wrote: Ferrari mocks 2010 'entry list'

Ferrari, which has declared that it will not contest the 2010 Formula One World Championship, has openly ridiculed some of the names being suggested as possible entrants, thereby replacing the legendary team, and Red Bull and Toyota, on the grid next season.

"They couldn't believe their eyes, the men at women working at Ferrari, when they read the papers this morning and found the names of the teams, declaring that they have the intention to race in Formula 1 next year," mocks the Maranello outfit.

"Looking at the list, which was leaked yesterday in Paris, you can't find a very famous name," the Italian team continues. "One of those one has to spend 400 Euros per person for a place on the grandstand at a GP (plus the expenses for the journey and the stay..). Wirth Research, Lola, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos, iSport: these are the names of the teams, which should compete in the two-tier Formula 1 wanted by Mosley.

"Can a World Championship with teams like them - with due respect - have the same value as today's Formula 1, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it Formula GP3?"

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 May 2009, 15:49

James Allan speculates:
They still have the ultimate sanction at their disposal, which is to leave F1. I still think this would hurt F1 more than it would hurt Ferrari, but perhaps only in the short to medium term.

And for a guide to the importance of Ferrari to Ecclestone and the FIA, you need only consider the implications of this veto, over which the court case was fought. The team was so important to Mosley and Ecclestone in 2005 that they were prepared to give one team special powers and rights, which were denied to others. How much has the business case changed, on which that decision was based? And how far has the attitude behind it changed?

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 May 2009, 15:56

iceman1 wrote:James Allan speculates:
They still have the ultimate sanction at their disposal, which is to leave F1. I still think this would hurt F1 more than it would hurt Ferrari, but perhaps only in the short to medium term.

And for a guide to the importance of Ferrari to Ecclestone and the FIA, you need only consider the implications of this veto, over which the court case was fought. The team was so important to Mosley and Ecclestone in 2005 that they were prepared to give one team special powers and rights, which were denied to others. How much has the business case changed, on which that decision was based? And how far has the attitude behind it changed?
He withdrew his article from his site :blink:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 20 May 2009, 17:27

TwistedArmco wrote:Mwahaha, Ferrari think the whole sport (and legal system) revolves around them.
Can a world championship with teams like them - with due respect - have the same value as today's Formula 1, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete?
So what, BMW, Toyota and Renault really helped create the history of the sport, did they? They're solid as hell now, but in the history of the sport, they've been in and out, no bigger a part of the sport than Ligier, Tyrrell, Brabham, Jordan, March and many other capable but ultimately forgotten teams.

Brabham 35 wins
Renault 35 wins
Tyrrell 23 wins
Ligier 9 wins
Jordan 4 wins
March 3 wins
Wolf 3 wins
BMW 1 win
Toyota 0 wins

I don't see anyone crying for Tyrrell's decision to pull out, Wolf folding or Renault pulling out in 1985. I don't think, if Toyota or BMW quit, they'd affect the sport greatly. They haven't formed the history of F1, they're just representative o our current age of F1, which is going to be overhauled some day.

Ferrari would be a much bigger loss. Ferrari, McLaren and Williams ARE F1, but if they pull out, throwing their toys out of the pram on the way, then it's their fault. If F1 returns to a time when most of the teams are privatized, I fail to see how this is a bad thing.
I think modern F1 has been moulded and built around Manufacturers and the like. If you think of the audience now days, it is alot more stronger than it used to be. Williams, McLaren and Ferrari are a big part of F1, but for the past 20 years.. well, 16 years, renault both as Manufacturer and Engine suplier have been important, BMW has invested alot and brought some great talent in.

Redbull would be missed heavily, because there marketing and so forth has brought alot of people, but its also the F1 atmosphere; theyve brought a hell of alot to F1. One could argue toyota bring nothing, but what will the Japanese/Chinese viewing figures be like should there be no japanese in the field? Kazuki is part of the Toyota deal at william,s if they pull their engine goes too, so it would presumable be Hulkenberg, and a new engine supplier.

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 20 May 2009, 18:15

Sounds to me like a bunch of billionares playing musical chairs with the 2010 season entries. It looks to me like Bernie took some notes from Bernie... Ecclestonefrom from Madoff.

So does this mean that the budget cap is back in?

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 20 May 2009, 18:44

phil1993 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:

Ferrari, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Pathetic *******. No Ferrari will be the best thing imo thats happened in recent years if they are acting like this.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 20 May 2009, 18:49

Pathetic Ferrari, they don't understand that they are not alone in F1 and that near 400 millions per year is too much.

And toyota and renault, these teams aren't in F1 history.

And Williams has leave F1 in 2004 ...
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 May 2009, 18:55

If Toyota go it won't be a loss - they've brought nothing to F1