FIA's ridiculous decisions

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
duncbaby
Donator
Donator

FIA's ridiculous decisions

Post by duncbaby » 25 Mar 2009, 02:14

Over the year the FIA have made many disputable decisions. I thought I would start a topic to look at some of the most ridiculous... and also to discuss what bearing they had on the championships.

For me the 1994 Brazilian Grand Prix - Eddie Irvine for causing a huge crash on the opening straight was given a one race ban.... he argued it and ended up turning into a three race ban.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: FIA's ridiculous decisions

Post by megasyxx » 28 Apr 2009, 18:52

the fia penalizing the 2007 hungarian quali pit stop incident between mclaren team-mates alonso and hamilton seems very ridiculous to me.....
Last edited by megasyxx on 29 Apr 2009, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Apr 2009, 19:01

1994 Benetton penalties. Schumacher had to sweat for the title, when he should have walked it, but for ridiculous FIA decisions and penalties

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Apr 2009, 21:10

Belgium 08 was really absurd; F1 making themselves ridiculous. The whole year no overtaking, and then those final laps, driving in the rain with dry tyres, everyone sliding. Raikkonen and Hamilton in the battle of their life; overtaking eachother more or less every corner! And then the finish: Brilliant! Hamilton: "That's what I'm talking about guys, that's what I'm talking about!" And then the robbery..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 28 Apr 2009, 21:29

If we remembered every riduculous decision from the FIA this thread would have more pages than the "Team A v Team B" thread. The FIA run the sport badly but most sports are run badly by the main bodies.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 29 Apr 2009, 06:10

Some of FIA ridiculous decisions :

1. Changed the qualifying rules in 2005 (introduced the Sunday qualifying session)
2. Closed the pitlane when the safety car is out
3. Increased the 'superlicence' price
4. Allowed the double-decker diffuser to be used

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 29 Apr 2009, 07:27

raikkonen4ever wrote:Some of FIA ridiculous decisions :
4. Allowed the double-decker diffuser to be used
I dont agree with this one,

For me in 2005 no tyre change during the race

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Apr 2009, 07:38

And I miss the Qualifying system of the old days, when the fastest man with the fastest car had pole, not the driver with less fuel :( . Quali shouldn't be like it is now, just drivers have one hour and 12 laps or something, and just race!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 30 Apr 2009, 12:57

Oh, there's too many of these...

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Apr 2009, 13:13

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

columbo77
kart driver
kart driver

Post by columbo77 » 30 Apr 2009, 14:17

joostlamers wrote:And I miss the Qualifying system of the old days, when the fastest man with the fastest car had pole, not the driver with less fuel :( . Quali shouldn't be like it is now, just drivers have one hour and 12 laps or something, and just race!
I do agree that qualifying is not ideal at this time because of the fuel in the cars being different, but I also think while the old format of one hour had good finales it wasnt great excitement for the crowds who watched the session with bigger gaps when cars where sitting in the pits biding their time..now they are forced to go out.But yes we do need to find a way of getting the fastest package on pole on merit rather than fuel tyres etc..

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 01 May 2009, 09:31

2. Closed the pitlane when the safety car is out
3. Increased the 'superlicence' price
I don't how these rules were stupids??

To close the pitlane was very great, It was funny to see other driver on 1st places.

And the F1 drivers have money to pay a superlicence
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

milo of croton
kart driver
kart driver

Post by milo of croton » 17 May 2009, 20:12

Ferrari's International Assistants (FIA). Enough said. :p

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 17 May 2009, 20:40

Ferrari's International Assistants (FIA)
A new McLaren Fan ... ... who doesn't accept that Ferrari are better.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 18 May 2009, 02:11

columbo77 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:And I miss the Qualifying system of the old days, when the fastest man with the fastest car had pole, not the driver with less fuel :( . Quali shouldn't be like it is now, just drivers have one hour and 12 laps or something, and just race!
I do agree that qualifying is not ideal at this time because of the fuel in the cars being different, but I also think while the old format of one hour had good finales it wasnt great excitement for the crowds who watched the session with bigger gaps when cars where sitting in the pits biding their time..now they are forced to go out.But yes we do need to find a way of getting the fastest package on pole on merit rather than fuel tyres etc..
I actually like the "new" qualifying system. It makes the teams produce a car that has a true race pace to it as opposed to the flaming hot laps on gubmalls and vapors in the tank... Fastest lap means nothing if you can't drive the car with fuel in it... I think it puts another layer of analysis and dificult into the administration of the race. F1 is not a driver's championship based series... It is all about the constructors and the team principles.

I think the refueling ban is the stupidist thing since the tire change ban...