Will Jenson Button win the WDC with Brawn GP?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Will Jenson Button win a World title with Honda (or Brawn)?

Post by swca92 » 29 Mar 2009, 14:21

One thing about Rubens-I'd love it if he won at Interlagos.Button winning the title and Rubens finally winning his home GP after so much bad luck would be sweet.

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ric.rios » 29 Mar 2009, 20:33

coup wrote:yes barrichello has had better seasons than button, but button hasn't driven for such a dominant team that ferrari were in '00 to '04. And, after the race this morning, when rubens had a terrible start, and only lucked into P2 because of the two ferraris retiring, and vettel and kubica taking each other out, button looks just a bit better than him
This same dominant team who worked only for Schumacher? Just remember of Austria 2002...
swca92 wrote:One thing about Rubens-I'd love it if he won at Interlagos.Button winning the title and Rubens finally winning his home GP after so much bad luck would be sweet.
When Massa won in 2006 here (I went in this race) I don't felt any great emotion like one Barrichello's victory. His victory in Interlagos will be excellent. And one title, very better.
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 30 Mar 2009, 17:08

nope...wont last

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Apr 2009, 19:57

metalhead188 wrote:nope...wont last
Will agree with you. Brawn can only dominate until the other teams copy their diffuser design. If either Mclaren or Ferrari gets their design ready by Spain then i believe Brawn will have to accept 2nd or 3rd in the World Championship table.

Moreover Mercedes were given an exception to suppy engines for Brawn in 09 only. Since Mercedes has already contracted with Force India, they will stop giving engine / drive train / gearbox support to Brawn by the end of this year. Brawn should look out and secure a engine deal with Renault or outside F1 reins to stay in contention. Otherwise Brawn GP will also join the long standing list of teams lost in F1.

fastrallis
car driver
car driver

Post by fastrallis » 06 Apr 2009, 08:36

Why not i think is very good team so.......

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 06 Apr 2009, 09:10

Sanredrose wrote:
i believe Brawn will have to accept 2nd or 3rd in the World Championship table.

Moreover Mercedes were given an exception to suppy engines for Brawn in 09 only. Since Mercedes has already contracted with Force India, they will stop giving engine / drive train / gearbox support to Brawn by the end of this year. Brawn should look out and secure a engine deal with Renault or outside F1 reins to stay in contention. Otherwise Brawn GP will also join the long standing list of teams lost in F1.
I agree about 2nd or 3rd in championship but i dont agree regarding Mercedes. Merc will supply to Brawn because there is a good chance that Brawn will be in top 3 in championship and Mclaren are in top 3 as well so Merc wants two of their teams in top 3-4 pos. They are giving engines to Force India because India is a huge market for Merc.

So i dont see any reason why Merc will not give engines to Brawn GP.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 06 Apr 2009, 09:34

newtrex wrote:So i dont see any reason why Merc will not give engines to Brawn GP.
Because Mercedes hold shares of McLaren company. It's not simply a partner, but a shareholder that needs to consider the benefit of parent company, which is McLaren.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

xplor
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by xplor » 14 Apr 2009, 22:03

Sanredrose wrote:
Will agree with you. Brawn can only dominate until the other teams copy their diffuser design. If either Mclaren or Ferrari gets their design ready by Spain then i believe Brawn will have to accept 2nd or 3rd in the World Championship table.

Not true. i dont think that the BGP performance is only due to the difuser. If that was the case they wouldnt be that much better than the toyota and williams.
FORÇA PARENTE!
Alvaro Parente, 2009 GP2 Driver,From Portugal

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Apr 2009, 20:58

xplor wrote:
Not true. i dont think that the BGP performance is only due to the difuser. If that was the case they wouldnt be that much better than the toyota and williams.
Amen to that. Something on the Brawn has clearly been done right.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Will Jenson Button win the WDC with Brawn GP ???

Post by dazmoffman » 15 Apr 2009, 23:40

no the dicision today to deem the difusers legal is the downfall of brawn 3-4 races i predict they will qualifing 6+ and finish about the same, we are only 2 races all teams will make improvements, hasnt this honda/brawn car been in development for 18 months? if so it surely WILL NOT get much quicker where as other cars/team will have plenty of mods and ideas to come

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 17 Apr 2009, 13:23

it seems even more likely now because of the diffusers classed as 'legal.' so they've still got a really good change 'cause they've had an advantage for two races already.
but yes, other teams will copy. mclaren already have havent they?

Kirstie005
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Kirstie005 » 19 Apr 2009, 10:26

already have copied or already had them ?

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 19 Apr 2009, 16:28

already copied. (i don't blame them though)

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 16:31

The diffusors don't make the difference, it's the car who make difference
For that reason, Red Bull are fast and Williams bad.

And Jenson will not be champion but Barrichello
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 May 2009, 19:15

It's getting more and more real. I don't remember any driver who was so strong at the beginning of the year and not clinching the title. It would be very disappointing for both Brawn and Button not to grasp the handle of that big trophy.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen