Diffuser Controversy

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Should the diffusers of three teams be banned?

Poll ended at 14 Apr 2009, 11:41

Yes
34%
No
63%
I have no freaking idea
3%

Total votes: 32

phil1993

Re: Diffuser Controversy

Post by phil1993 » 15 Apr 2009, 16:56

JA?

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 15 Apr 2009, 17:02

James Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 15 Apr 2009, 17:02

Renault also claimed similar line ... Charlie W. new liar ? :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Apr 2009, 17:06

phil1993 wrote:JA?
James Allen ?

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 15 Apr 2009, 17:24

Well that's it then

CONGRATULATIONS F1 2009 CHAMPION, JENSON BUTTON!!!

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Apr 2009, 17:42

All hail Jenson.

With the double diffusors, the overtaking will reduce. it will probably be like last year, almost no overtakes in a race... ****, alot of the excitement is gone now..

metalhead188
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by metalhead188 » 15 Apr 2009, 19:59

seasons not over yet... KERS + a double diffuser might give other teams a new advantage

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Apr 2009, 20:17

AzShadow wrote:"What angers us is the fact that we had approached [Charlie] Whiting for a clarification on a diffuser solution like the one in question and we were told it was illegal, therefore we did not pursue it any further though our design team had similar ideas," said Marko.
I imagine Renault and Red Bull had the concept of a double decker diffuser lined up for their cars, but went a little overboard, so much so that their creations were deemed illegal. This is what Flav and Adrian are shouting about.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 15 Apr 2009, 23:29

Haukinen wrote:Well that's it then

hey i am a brit but i am sure button will not be champion, dont know how but if you would like a paypal wager (come the end of the season) i am prepared to bet he doesnt have the car or the team? you seem confident with your words and it would be fantastic for him but i cant see it myself.

actulauly gambling/wager might be not allowed so i can sell you something a sock on ebay for a few quid or you sale me a sock or something at the end of season??????

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 16 Apr 2009, 07:03

well we must live with this ferrari renault and mclaren fight from behind will be great champ this year
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Apr 2009, 11:58

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74500 wrote: Domenicali wants rows resolved quicker

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has urged Formula 1 to resolve future rules controversies more effectively, after the diffuser row was finally ended by yesterday's verdict.

The FIA court of appeal ruled in favour of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams, rejecting Ferrari, BMW, Renault and Red Bull's belief that the double diffusers were outside the regulations.

The diffusers had first attracted attention when the three cars made their testing debuts during the winter, but could not be formally challenged until scrutineering in Melbourne. They were then protested by rival teams, who subsequently appealed against the rejection of that protest - casting the results of the first two races into doubt until yesterday's verdict.

Domenicali believes that the most important lesson of the controversy is to avoid similar prolonged uncertainty in the future.

"What I want to say now is that shouldn't happen," he told reporters at Shanghai. "These things should have been handled before the start of the season, in a very clear way.

"This is something that the entire Formula 1 has to learn. This is not good for the image of Formula 1 in any case."

He admitted that the disagreement had caused tensions within the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), but insisted this would be swiftly resolved.

"It can be considered as an element of a possible break in FOTA, because as you see now the tensions are quite high," Domenicali admitted.

"This is not good because FOTA is very important for the future of Formula 1.

"For sure these are points of discussion that I think we will have in the meeting I think after Bahrain, to make the situation clear. If we miss that opportunity, it will be bad."

But he dismissed any suggestion that the FIA had allowed the controversy to linger in the hope that the disagreements would escalate and weaken FOTA's unity.

"I don't want to say that," said Domenicali. "What I can say for sure is that this is something that puts all the teams in a difficult situation."

He also insisted that Ferrari had no personal disagreement with its former technical director Ross Brawn over the issue.

"It is not a fight between Ferrari and Ross," said Domenicali. "I saw this is some headlines, but it is not true, it is not the case.

"The reality is that all the teams apart from those three had a different opinion on that subject. That is it, there is nothing personal. It is sad to arrive at this point."
Let's hope that FOTA stays alive because otherwise Bernie & Max got exactly what they wanted.

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 16 Apr 2009, 12:35

dazmoffman wrote:

hey i am a brit but i am sure button will not be champion, dont know how but if you would like a paypal wager (come the end of the season) i am prepared to bet he doesnt have the car or the team? you seem confident with your words and it would be fantastic for him but i cant see it myself.

actulauly gambling/wager might be not allowed so i can sell you something a sock on ebay for a few quid or you sale me a sock or something at the end of season??????
Come on... little sense of humour :cool:

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Apr 2009, 16:13

Haukinen wrote:
dazmoffman wrote:

Come on... little sense of humour :cool:
Hey, he's trying to sell you a sock, a single sock, on ebay. I think that counts as a sense of humour.. :p
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 20 Apr 2009, 11:21

Introduced in Malaysia and retained for China is this triple-deck design. Toyota have added another internal extraction duct (inset - uppermost blue arrows) - which appears to help the airflow to work together with the underside of the lower beam wing - and a kind of turning vane at each end of the diffuser (red arrow). Together, these changes should boost the efficiency of the main double-decker part of the diffuser, increasing the levels of downforce produced.

:zz: Triple Deck Diffuser now thats something some teams might think about ...

maybe we will have a Quadro-Deck Diffuser and on :p

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 Apr 2009, 14:37

[u][url=http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74666]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74666[/url][/u] wrote: FIA publishes full diffuser decision

The FIA has released the full reasons behind its verdict in the appeal against Brawn, Toyota and Williams's diffuser designs.

The hearing, which took place in Paris last week, saw the three teams' diffuser solutions declared legal, and the protests lodged by Renault, Ferrari, Red Bull and BMW Sauber rejected.