HAMILTON SWITCHES TO BRAWN!!! (April Fools thread)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Califax
kart driver
kart driver

HAMILTON SWITCHES TO BRAWN!!! (April Fools thread)

Post by Califax » 01 Apr 2009, 07:56

ScuderiaF60
kart driver
kart driver

Re: HAMILTON SWITCHES TO BRAWN!!!

Post by ScuderiaF60 » 01 Apr 2009, 08:18

april fool for sure
looooool
nice one

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 01 Apr 2009, 08:19

What do you think? :roll:: Maybe I'll keep this open for a while if you want to have fun with it.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Apr 2009, 08:32

God that's so funny
Reached by phone, Barrichello's response was more direct: “I told them I was through with making way for champions!”
:lol: :lol:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Califax
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Califax » 01 Apr 2009, 08:41

AzShadow wrote:What do you think? :roll:: Maybe I'll keep this open for a while if you want to have fun with it.

Just for today maybe :thumbsup:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 01 Apr 2009, 08:43

that would have got me if there was no reply saying april fool.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Apr 2009, 09:21

Is it likely to be another April Fool :blink: If not, I'd be just shocked!

Toro Rosso to use KERS in Malaysia (to use KERS as a sophisticated DCA (Driver Cooling Aid.)
Energy recovered under braking is used to drive a refrigeration unit to chill down the cool store. This is connected into a special driver suit, so when the driver presses the KERS button (for a maximum of 6 seconds per lap) cold liquid is circulated around his suit reducing his body temperature. Studies have shown that an increase in core body temperature of just 1 degree can reduce driver performance by as much as 23%, and so while this system does not give any actual power gains, it should still be a significant performance advantage.

Code: Select all

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller.php?lang=en&theme=default&team_id=&month=4&seasonid=19&nextMode=GpNewsForm&news_id=35451
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 01 Apr 2009, 09:33

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37402 wrote: Illegal KERS allegation to overshadow Malaysian Grand Prix?

After what can almost certainly be described as a refreshing opening to the 2009 season, seeing newcomers Brawn GP claim an emotional 1-2 at Albert Park, the last thing the sport needs right now is yet another scandal.

Already overshadowing the Melbourne weekend was the allegation that several teams were running suspect diffusers on their cars. Now, however, new allegations of cheating, almost on the eve of the Malaysian Grand Prix, threaten to put another nail in the coffin that is Formula One.

Sources close to the FIA have confirmed that three teams, whose identities currently remain undisclosed, have formally complained against no fewer than two teams for using "questionable" KERS systems during the season opener.

The allegations centre upon the amount of horsepower available to the drivers, with claims that several teams breached the 80 horsepower limit.

The duration of KERS used per lap is governed by the sport's new Electronic Control Unit (ECU), but it is alleged that certain teams have developed a workaround to allow the additional 80bhp output by the systems to generate additional power (up to 96bhp) while keeping the usable boost-time per lap within the allowable limit. Evidence presented against teams running the alleged illegal system stems from sophisticated sound recordings of their engines during the race.

The potential effect on the championship standings could cause a lot of confusion, especially if a ruling is not reached in time for this weekend's Grand Prix. If teams and drivers are docked points or given penalties for the first two races of the season after this weekend, it would surely seriously undermine what credibility F1 has left.

A statement is expected from the FIA prior to the first free practice session in Sepang.

This latest example of F1 becoming a battle on paper and in the Appeal Court rather than on the track is a situation that few of us really wanted to contemplate... yet, knowing the sport as we do, it does not come as a surprise.
:D

ScuderiaF60
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ScuderiaF60 » 01 Apr 2009, 10:56

now we have to know who was behing this joke ?:D

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 01 Apr 2009, 11:22

april fool! :lol:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: HAMILTON SWITCHES TO BRAWN!!! (April Fools thread)

Post by megasyxx » 02 Apr 2009, 01:53

:lol: i like it, i like it! great stuff! :lol:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: HAMILTON SWITCHES TO BRAWN!!! (April Fools thread)

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 11:16

Mwahaha! :lol:

I'm going to let this one lie.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.