It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 05:05

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: US Presidential Elections 2008
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 21:19  
F1 Driver

HandoZiZle wrote:
I think McCain will win now that he's got Sarah Palin on his side. I personally don't like Obama but it's not because of his race or religion. Either way the next president will have a really good time dealing with on-going wars and America's horrible economy...

Whom are u planning to vote for ?? i am in for McCain !!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 22:32  
GP2 Driver

sanredrose wrote:
HandoZiZle wrote:
I think McCain will win now that he's got Sarah Palin on his side. I personally don't like Obama but it's not because of his race or religion. Either way the next president will have a really good time dealing with on-going wars and America's horrible economy...

Whom are u planning to vote for ?? i am in for McCain !!

Well since i don't like Obama's "change", i'm going for McCain of course :p

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 03:17  
GP2 Driver

It's very difficult in keeping up with two elections. Here in Canada, there's an election for October 14th because the Prime Minister, who happens to be a big time contradictor, called an election in September, and that's AFTER he passed a law giving for fixed election dates unless there is a vote of no confidence in the House of Commons...

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2008, 16:02  
F1 Driver

Why do people want to vote for McCain? What does he offer? He's leading a party which has overseen the US economy descend into chaos,and which has had some of the lowest approval ratings in history.He'll keep sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan,when both of these conflicts are unpopular and seen as being morally wrong.He'll simply be Bush bit in another incarnation.Why do people vote for him???????????????? And if its because Obama's black and that means people don't want to vote for him,then America should be ashamed of itself.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 08:17  
F1 Legend

Obama's proposals will increase taxes for everyone, not just the rich, by more than 25%.
McCain = lower taxes, lower gas prices, which generally helps the economy and creates more jobs.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 09:15  

yes but McCain is hell-bent on invading Iran and taxes need to be increased currently due to the 700bn bailout so we need a few years of high inflation etc to calm the current situation for the long term

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 19:13  
F1 Rookie

Well, actually I'm not interested and I don't care about politics. :p
But in this case I choose Obama to win, I can see honesty and confidence from his eyes to do his plans. :)
He seems a friendly guy and I think everybody likes him

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008, 03:48  
F1 Driver

swca92 wrote:
Why do people want to vote for McCain? What does he offer? He's leading a party which has overseen the US economy descend into chaos,and which has had some of the lowest approval ratings in history.He'll keep sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan,when both of these conflicts are unpopular and seen as being morally wrong.He'll simply be Bush bit in another incarnation.Why do people vote for him???????????????? And if its because Obama's black and that means people don't want to vote for him,then America should be ashamed of itself.

The problem of America is the uncontrolled spending ! Its a modern day roman empire, way too big and too many funded projects to be withdrawn right now. As far as Iraq is concerned once Saddam was captured its job over. The army should have come back home .. so that's a point of contention among both senators. But having said that McCain has detailed a plan as to how he is planning to withdraw forces in the next 4 years from Iraq & Afg. That's what we exactly want. We need to stop that unwanted spending and push them on reforms here at home.

The problem with Obama is the set of promises which he claims to fullfill. These were the promises exactly made by John Kerry & George Bush when they fought with one another. " Outsourcing " is a hot topic and " Rise of China & India ", come to think of it frankly. Outsourcing is an integral part of american business. We can't do without outsourcing. Simply because the industry doesn't have the cheap labor available. Obama talks about eliminating outsourcing and promoting local talent. Let me give you an example. India is the current leader in Software exports. They have almost 60,000 students graduating every year with a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering. The same in USA is about one quarter of it. Moreover the students here aren't flexible in their work schedule, but in India those people are ready to work like 60 hours a week to get the job done. We cannot expect this in america, because every employee talks abt social life after work ! I m not saying that you should work beyond the required time, but when you have a critical task, all i see in my office is that the Indian immigrants & Chinese immigrants working their ass off to get the job completed on time. Moreover he is also talking manufacturing everything in united states. Cmon think of this - most of the electronics products from american firms are fabricated in Taiwan or Malaysia and assembled in Singapore or China. Nobody can make as good semicondutors as Taiwan or France. Why would a company simply want to pull this off from them and have their own manufacturing plant. Outsourcing this kind of work is because we get better quality at cheaper price and there is no available local vendor or manufacturer for this. Rise of China is being considered as a biggest threat by Obama .. i honestly have to laugh at this. First we thought Kuwait, then Iraq, Afghanistan, N Korea & now China ???? Give me a break. They are peacefully growing their economy ... and where does India become a threat ? They have signed up a new Nuclear deal with USA & contribute 2% towards Global GDP. So these kind of morbid obsession of Obama can keep the unaware americans under cover but the grads are not going to be in his favor. I am not saying McCain is the holy god. He has his share of mistakes but he can be a better person in rebuilding the economy than Obama. Republicans are known to have brought in FDI & Local development more than the Democrats.

All we are looking for is to have more money to pay off our debts. Where do we get it frm ? Only through tax cuts. We pay almost 25% salary to federal tax, 15% to state tax. If a person earns 100,000 USD per year, he pays off 40,000 USD for tax ! Now if we get a waiver on federal tax, what we would pay is 15,000 USD ! That's pretty good, it relaxes the burden and leaves an option for more money flow into the market.

Nobody says that Obama is black and hence we won't vote for him. Its the policies which we look for, not for color. I am Mclaren fan and staunch supporter of Lewis Hamilton. By the way when you state something like this, i would suggest you to think twice before you post. If America should be ashamed of itself, then what did a British Citizen do to an Indian named Shilpa Shetty who participated in Big Brother show in UK ?? Think of it.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 20:45  
F1 Routinier

the u.s. gov't even encourages it's citizen's to spend/shop really uncontrolled spending

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 21:03  
F1 Driver

I didn't say people wouldn't vote for Obama because he's black,I said that IF he lost the elction because of his skin colour it would be terrible.Please read my post thoroughly and you'll realise that's not what I said.And Britain is not represented by some fat pig who racially abused an Indian actress on a reality TV show,that pig was vilified for it and very few in Britain have racist views.My posts are simply saying that I hate McCain's policies,can't stand Palin's right wing views,and would love Obama to become president.I hope Biden wins the debate tonight and shows how little Palin appears to know about foreign policy.And I support women getting into power,I think its great.But Palin...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2008, 13:40  
GP2 Driver

So what did you guys think of the debate? I thought that Palin did damage control more than actually stab. If somebody came ahead, it would be Biden, but only slightly...

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2008, 14:49  
F1 Driver

Palin did better than I thought,though at the end she was very shaky.I think Biden won,from what we hear in Britain momentum is shifting towards Obama
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 22:26  
car driver

In a little more than 24 horas we'll already know who is the next US president. I think Obama is the clear favourite but we never know...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 22:31  
GP2 Driver

Don't worry. The republicans are sure to steal this election as well...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 04:31  
GP2 Driver

Barack Obama has been elected as the next president of the United States of America by a landslide. :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile