For all other topics which don't fit into other categories
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

World news

Post by iceman1 » 24 Sep 2008, 15:10

Discuss news from around the world

School shooting in Finland - Nine dead, many injured
Nine people, all students, have been killed in a shooting incident at a vocational school in Kauhajoki in Western Finland. Several others have been injured.

Details are still sketchy, but apparently a 22-year-old man dressed in black and wearing a ski-mask entered the school carrying a large bag, and opened fire on students at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday morning.

An eyewitness spoke of many rounds of automatic fire in a ground-floor classroom containing adult students taking an exam.

Police at the scene immediately reported several fatalities, but the true death-toll was only made clear some hours after the incident.

The building has been evacuated, and the gunman - thought to have acted alone - has apparently shot himself, and is believed to have been rushed to hospital in Tampere with serious head injuries.
Initial reports said he was among the dead, but this was later denied.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: World news

Post by Zack » 24 Sep 2008, 15:17

Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Sep 2008, 15:19

It is said his youtube account was deleted for violating the rules. Now would his account have been deleted if he didn't go on a shooting rampage??

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Oct 2008, 14:21

Some recent news.....

Milk products from China contaminated with industrial chemical melamine - hundreds, even thousands of babies i'll (with kidney stones).

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Oct 2008, 14:47

Global Markets suffer worst week since 1987. Billions and Billions of punds knocked off the value of shares this week

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 13 Oct 2008, 17:11

some say were leading to the great depression II......man how unlucky can we get?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Oct 2008, 16:04

BBC Worldwide has struck a deal to make a local version of Top Gear for the Russian market.

The deal, under which 15 episodes of the BBC2 show will be made for Russian broadcaster REN TV, marks the latest step in the BBC's strategy to make Top Gear a global franchise.

Russian company MIR Reality Production will make the local version of the show and is starting the hunt for the Russian equivalents of UK presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

"The British version of Top Gear has already proved its popularity in Russia and we think a local version will make a big impact," said the REN TV director of communications, Anton Nazaro.

"This is a great opportunity for us and BBC Worldwide because Russia can be a difficult market to access."

The Russian version of Top Gear will be launched at the end of the year on the back of series 10, 11 and 12 of the British version of the show.

Adam Waddell, the managing director of Top Gear at BBC Worldwide, added that the Russian magazine spin-off had also been a "great success" since it launched in 2004.

"Top Gear has had quite a following in Russia for some time … so it's only appropriate that the Russian audience are getting their own version of the show," he added.

"The trio of Russian presenters and the scenery available will allow us to make a show that feels very Russian whilst being unmistakably Top Gear."

Australia recently launched its own take on the Top Gear format and other local versions are planned, with NBC making a pilot in the US.
"Hello, I'm Jeremy Clarkski"

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Oct 2008, 18:37

Man killed wife in Facebook row
A man has been jailed for life for stabbing his wife to death over a posting she made on the social networking site Facebook.

Wayne Forrester, 34, told police he was devastated that his wife Emma, 34, had changed her online profile to "single" days after he had moved out.

The Old Bailey heard Forrester drove to the marital home in New Addington, south London, and attacked his wife.

He stabbed her with a kitchen knife and a meat cleaver on 18 February.

Forrester, who pleaded guilty, was jailed for 14 years.

Judge Brian Barker, the Common Serjeant of London, told him: "You committed a terrible act. There is no possible excuse or justification.

"This is a tragic killing and what you have done has caused untold anguish."

I loved Emma and felt totally devastated and humiliated about what she had done to me
Forrester's statement to police

Forrester, an HGV driver, was drunk and high on cocaine when he attacked his wife in the early hours as she slept.

He beat her, tore out clumps of her hair, and repeatedly stabbed her in the head and neck.

Neighbours found him sitting outside the house covered in blood and called the police.

The court heard Forrester thought his wife, a payroll administrator, was having an affair and had threatened to kill her.

In a statement to police Forrester said: "Emma and I had just split up. She forced me out.

"She then posted messages on an internet website telling everyone she had left me and was looking to meet other men.

"I loved Emma and felt totally devastated and humiliated about what she had done to me."

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 18 Oct 2008, 22:53

^^ It's because of that and other reasons why I don't put what my relationship status is...

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 26 Oct 2008, 18:16

Blogger banned in Turkey :<>:
http://privacy.cyber-rights.org.tr/?p=189 wrote:I reported on Friday, 24 October, 2008 that access to Blogger.com and blogspot.com were blocked in Turkey. with a blocking order of the Diyarbakir First Criminal Court of Peace (dated 20.10.2008 and order no. 2008/2761).

It is now being reported by Turk.internet.com that the blocking order is related to an intellectual property infringement. Digitürk is a subscription based digital TV platform in Turkey which owns the right to transmit the live coverage of the Turkish football league games. Digitürk obtained the blocking order through the Diyarbakir court according to the Turk.internet.com news as there were blog entries providing information and links to known websites which transmit pirated transmission of the live football league games.
What is more? Youtube, Dailymotion, Wordpress, Deezer are also banned in Turkey. That really makes me sick :<>:
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 26 Oct 2008, 18:38

you can use a Proxy :p , you have a Blog Ali eh ?

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 26 Oct 2008, 18:41

iceman1 wrote:you can use a Proxy :p , you have a Blog Ali eh ?
Unfortunately, we had to learn and use such proxy and host file stuff but do we have to? Fascism, it is. Disgusting.

Yeah, I have blog but it's in Turkish mate. I translate songs I like into Turkish :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 26 Oct 2008, 18:44

so your Blog is Blocked now ? :p - hopefully they'll not ban F1zone.net :laugh1:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 26 Oct 2008, 18:50

iceman1 wrote:so your Blog is Blocked now ? :p - hopefully they'll not ban F1zone.net :laugh1:
Yeah, all blogs in blogger has now blocked. Bernie should visit Turkey and see how our departments work in such an effective(!) manner. He's a rookie compared to our officials :)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 26 Oct 2008, 18:53

Ali wrote:
iceman1 wrote:so your Blog is Blocked now ? :p - hopefully they'll not ban F1zone.net :laugh1:
Yeah, all blogs in blogger has now blocked. Bernie should visit Turkey and see how our departments work in such an effective(!) manner. He's a rookie compared to our officials :)
:laugh1: :laugh1: