For all other topics which don't fit into other categories
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2010 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GERMANY

Post by Moominpappa » 08 May 2010, 20:31

LadyR wrote:Oh my......that's so awful! :(

ImageImageImage

Don't cry. You can't do anything than laugh to this.
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 08 May 2010, 20:33

Moominpappa wrote:
LadyR wrote:Oh my......that's so awful! :(

ImageImageImage

Don't cry. You can't do anything than laugh to this.

Just give me a minute to get what happened......maybe then I will be able to laugh.... :fear:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 08 May 2010, 21:02

Danish shock therapy

Denmark fights tooth and nail, downs Finland 4-1
08-05-10
COLOGNE – Led by their NHLers Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin, and goaltender Frederik Andersen, Denmark delivered the first upset of the tournament, when they beat Finland 4-1.

Peter Regin scored the game winning goal just 5:19 into the game.

Petteri Nummelin made history just by stepping onto the ice tonight, becoming the first player to have played in 15 top division World Championships, passing such legends as Jiri Holik and Sven Tumba (Johansson).

Just 2:20 in the game, celebrating Nummelin was about the last thing the Finns wanted to do as Kim Staal found Frans Nielsen in high slot and Nielsen beat Pekka Rinne in Finland’s goal with a low onetime on the glove side.

Two minutes and 59 seconds later, Peter Regin showed why the Danish federation so desperately wanted him to play in Cologne, and did everything to have his insurance covered. Regin got the puck on the red line, accelerated, and beat 18-year-old Sami Vatanen, playing in his first World Championship game on the blue line. Facing just Rinne, Regin made a deke to Rinne’s stick side, then sent a hard backhander to the top of the net, beating Rinne on the glove side.

Unlike in the Olympic semi-final against the U.S., where Finnish head coach Jukka Jalonen didn’t make a change until it was too late, he called a timeout at 2-0.

Maybe that was what the young and inexperienced team – nine players make their debuts in the World Championships – needed but they started to push Denmark to their heels, and Petri Kontiola took Finland to the board with a nice solo goal. Nummelin got him the puck by the hash marks, and Kontiola drove to the net, beating Frederik Andersen with a backhander.

Denmark also got into penalty trouble, taking four minor penalties in five and a half minutes but Finland couldn’t capitalize on their chances.

The Danish shock therapy continued in the second period. Just 1:19 into it, Julian Jakobsen got the puck straight off the faceoff in the Finnish zone, and fired the puck top-shelf, giving the Danes a two-goal lead.

Even though Denmark didn’t make it easy for themselves, taking another three minor penalties, Finland didn’t step up, either. And whatever pucks found their way to the net, Andersen had no problems blocking.

Everybody anticipated a big Finnish push in the third period, but it never came. Instead, Denmark kept their cool, and Nielsen got his second of the night with an empty netter with 47 seconds remaining.

Suddenly, Group D is very exciting.

On Monday, Denmark plays against Team USA while Finland takes on Germany. Before that game, Petteri Nummelin will receive an official plaque for his historic achievement. He will also want three points.

RISTO PAKARINEN

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 09 May 2010, 08:38

Wolfie wrote:These are the first games so they are only warming up. I only watch them with one eye. When the real games start.... bear with me :lol:

Phew, I was otherwise mostly amused by the result (because this kind of nonsense always happens with the Finnish team at some point of a tournament) but I was also very worried about your mental status Wolfie, glad to hear you're not taking it seriously yet :).

Moominpappa wrote:I look everything with one eye (my other eye don't see well) :lol:

Sorry to hear about your eye but :lol: at your comment.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

Post by cformula1 » 09 May 2010, 09:59

Does anyone else follow this?

I do and I am a proud Richmond supporter (despite them losing every single game so far this season) :lol:

I think there's a few games per round on Eurosport 2 if anyone is interested. :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 09 May 2010, 17:30

Dracaena wrote:
Wolfie wrote:These are the first games so they are only warming up. I only watch them with one eye. When the real games start.... bear with me :lol:

Phew, I was otherwise mostly amused by the result (because this kind of nonsense always happens with the Finnish team at some point of a tournament) but I was also very worried about your mental status Wolfie, glad to hear you're not taking it seriously yet :).

Moominpappa wrote:I look everything with one eye (my other eye don't see well) :lol:

Sorry to hear about your eye but :lol: at your comment.

This one eye thing is not problem for me. This has been from birth and I can play games as well as other people (I am been a quite good in pesäpallo, when I was young).

Finland must get at least four points from Germany and USA.
I miss a babysitter

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 10 May 2010, 19:01

Denmark won USA!!!

Finland got a good first period but still 0-0. Shots on goal about: Finland 15 - Germany 5.
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 May 2010, 19:08

Time to make a goal!!! :pray:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 May 2010, 19:10

Hehe I should have posted that earlier!!!

Wahooo :shhh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 May 2010, 19:14

Finally :thumbsup:
C'mon Suomi :C: :C:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 May 2010, 19:19

They are way better!!! Do another goal please :cool:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 10 May 2010, 19:26

Jarkko Immonen rocks! Thank you!
Finnish guys are wild tonight! :cool:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 10 May 2010, 19:44

Vehanen is great goalkeeper. He play in the same team as Immonen.
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 10 May 2010, 19:49

they better make a goal soon...otherwise germany might do a lucky shot