LadyR wrote:Unbelievable! 3-0 for Russia! :fear:
Now 5 - 0 :huh: :zz:
VOI VOI!!!!!! :roll::

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2010 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GERMANY

Post by Moominpappa » 18 May 2010, 20:31

Russia was better but unfortunately they made also dirty things.
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 20:31

Oh my god....it's over....was just only hard to watch that! :(

5-0 victory for Russia.

What happened???? ''hmm'' :huh:

Was it just a quite bad day of the Finnish team?
Was it the absence of Nummelin, Kukkonen and Rinne?
Was it a too strong Russian squad?

All in all, Leijonat are in the quarterfinal...hopefully, it's gonna be better than today! :)

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 20:33

Moominpappa wrote:Russia was better but unfortunately they made also dirty things.
Yep, that's what I noticed! Both suads played a hard game, but somehow it seems to me, that FInland got much more penalties, although Russia was sometimes much more rude than they were....

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 May 2010, 20:34

LadyR wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:Russia was better but unfortunately they made also dirty things.
Yep, that's what I noticed! Both suads played a hard game, but somehow it seems to me, that FInland got much more penalties, although Russia was sometimes much more rude than they were....
Hietanen and Puistola don't play anymore in this season :(
I miss a babysitter

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup™

Post by iceman1 » 18 May 2010, 20:43

It is sad because Michael's last WC was this year.
4 votes World Cup 2010 - Boateng apologises for Ballack tackle
Reuters - Tue, 18 May 2010

Germany's new 'public enemy number one' Kevin-Prince Boateng has apologised for dashing Germany captain Michael Ballack's World Cup hopes with a hard tackle that ruled him out of the tournament.

More StoriesGermany team page
Injured Ballack out of World Cup
Ballack blasts Boateng over tackle
Scientists 'prove' England will win World Cup
.."I am sorry. It was not intentional. I just came in too late and made full contact. It looks pretty stupid," the German told Bild.

The apology coming three days after the foul during the FA Cup final between Portsmouth and Ballack's Chelsea did little to dampen German anger directed at Boateng.

The 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder was injured in the first half of Saturday's match against Portsmouth, limping off during his team's 1-0 win after a late tackle by Boateng.

Fans on Tuesday vented their anger on dozens of websites, calling him 'public enemy number one; and setting up chatrooms called '82 million against Boateng' or 'Anti-Boateng Group'.

Boateng, born in Berlin to a Ghanaian father and a German mother, has had an uneasy relationship with German fans ever since his days playing at Hertha Berlin.

He is also a distant relative to German football hero, Helmut Rahn, who scored Germany's winning goal in the 1954 World Cup final against Hungary.

The irony is that the 23-year-old Berlin-born midfielder who has also played for Tottenham Hotspur, will take part in the World Cup playing for Ghana while his half-brother Jerome is in the preliminary Germany squad for the June 11-July 11 tournament.

To make matter worse, Ghana are in Germany's Group D, and play each other on June 23 in Johannesburg.

Ballack, who will miss out on what would have been his third World Cup, flew to Sicily on Monday after the scan revealed a tear of one ankle ligament and a partial tear on another that will leave him out of action for eight weeks.

On Tuesday he said there was no need for bad blood.

"Of course I am very angry and disappointed but in football one should let it go," he said.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 20:44

Moominpappa wrote:
LadyR wrote:
Hietanen and Puistola don't play anymore in this season :(
What??? :huh:

What happened to them?

I saw, that Hietanen left the arena with a hurting right hand. Is that the reason?
And what happened to Puistola?

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 May 2010, 20:46

LadyR wrote:What??? :huh:

What happened to them?

I saw, that Hietanen left the arena with a hurting right hand. Is that the reason?
And what happened to Puistola?
Kovaltchuk hit Hietanen, absolutely stupid thing. I don't know what happened to Puistola. Jalonen didn't told that.
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 20:50

That doesn't sound good! Well, it was a quite aggressive atmosphere during the whole game - okay, that in that parts I've been watching to. Missed the first 15 minutes....

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 May 2010, 20:54

LadyR wrote:That doesn't sound good! Well, it was a quite aggressive atmosphere during the whole game - okay, that in that parts I've been watching to. Missed the first 15 minutes....
Finland was much better in the first 15 minutes. You missed the best part of game.
Btw. Finland is made 12 goals, Nummelin 1+5 and he didn't play today. We had only four defender at the end. Kapanen is also good defender, even he is forwarder.
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 20:58

Moominpappa wrote:
LadyR wrote:That doesn't sound good! Well, it was a quite aggressive atmosphere during the whole game - okay, that in that parts I've been watching to. Missed the first 15 minutes....
Finland was much better in the first 15 minutes. You missed the best part of game.
Btw. Finland is made 12 goals, Nummelin 1+5 and he didn't play today. We had only four defender at the end. Kapanen is also good defender, even he is forwarder.
Well, it was visible, that they had hard to fight. Probably, the absence of Nummelin did contribute a lot to this bad result. And why wasn't Rinne the keeper today? That was quite surprising to see Vehanen....

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 May 2010, 21:14

Quarterfinal games are fixed!

Thursday, May 20

16:15 Cologne
Finland vs Czech Republic

16:15 Mannheim
Sweden vs Denmark

20:15 Cologne
Russia vs Canada

20:15 Mannheim
Switzerland vs Germany

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup™

Post by ish678 » 18 May 2010, 22:09

So gutted for him. He was going to retire after the tournament as well wasn't he? It's such a shame he can't be there :(