The best bits of the 2010 season

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
alejandroX
kart driver
kart driver

The best bits of the 2010 season

Post by alejandroX » 14 Nov 2010, 17:33

If I'm not mistaken, last year F1zone.net did the same, the "best instances of the season":
[categories taken from the topic "Rate the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix"]

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel

2 - Best Team
Red Bull (who can argue?)

3 - Best Overtake
Hamilton on Vettel and Sutil - China (lap 12) and Barrichello on Schumacher in the last stages of the Hungarian Grand Prix.

4 - Best Moment
Australian Grand Prix
Andrea Stella: "Ok, Hamilton [is] 3.5 [seconds behind you], 3.5"
Fernando Alonso: "Aah I don't want to know."

5 - Worst Driver
Fernando Alonso - no respect for the team mate, no sportsmanship after losing (insulting Petrov).

6 - Worst Team
Ferrari - Blatant use of team orders, favouring one driver - and getting away with it.

7 - Best Rookie
Nico Hulkenberg, for all the performances and the pole position.

8 - Biggest Surprise
Nico Hulkenberg on Pole position in Brazil.
El ministerio del tiempo puso sede en mi almohada
Ahí te encuentro a momentos aunque no sirve de nada.

alejandroX

rFactor updates ___ http://www.mediafire.com/alejandroX

phil1993

Re: The best bits of the 2010 season

Post by phil1993 » 14 Nov 2010, 19:01

Good idea, seeing as I won't be running MOTY this year

1 - Best Driver
Vettel. He scored the most points, most wins, most poles and had more mechanical failures than the others. Sure, he made 2 monumental errors but he's still only 23 years old.

2 - Best Team
Not sure. McLaren are probably the best team but the car was sub-standard again. Red Bull had a phenominal car but the management was questionable.

3 - Best Overtake
Hamilton on Rosberg at Australia I think - that one stands out.

4 - Best Moment
Hamilton's win at Spa.

5 - Worst Driver
Yamamoto

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Hulkenberg

8 - Biggest Surprise
Ferrari's complete and utter failure today.

Comprehensive review of the season will be in Issue 6 of the magazine, out at Christmas :)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 14 Nov 2010, 19:58

1 - Best Driver
Vettel. WDC, so the best driver of the season. If the Red Bulls will be as quick in the next years, there's no stopping this kid.

2 - Best Team
RBR, in the end they made the right call by letting them race. Only mistake by them was Silverstone. Bad call

3 - Best Overtake
Hamilton on Rosberg on the outside in Melbourne. Best overtaker, my man.

4 - Best Moment
Spa :)

5 - Worst Driver
Yamamoto

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Kobayashi, it was his first full season, and he showed his overtaking skills. Japan, Valencia were brilliant

8 - Biggest Surprise
Massa's and Michael's weak season wasn't a surprise for me. So I'd say Hulkenberg's pole
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

artem57
kart driver
kart driver

Post by artem57 » 14 Nov 2010, 20:47

Here's my list :)

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel

2 - Best Team
Red Bull

3 - Best Overtake
Barrichello on Schumacher in the Hungarian Grand Prix. One of the most dramatic moves, I've seen ever!

4 - Best Moment
Last moments of the qualifying session in Canada.
When Hamilton gave it all, taking pole-position at his final run, on the final drops of fuel! Amazing "Now or never" moment!

5 - Worst Driver
Don't want to choose anyone for this position.

6 - Worst Team
Same here.

7 - Best Rookie
I'd say: Kobayashi, this guy is desperate and a real fighter! I just love watching him pushing all the hell out of his car.
Most flamboyant and spectacular driving in this season!

8 - Biggest Surprise
Weak Massa's performance and Hulk's pole at Interlagos

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 14 Nov 2010, 20:58

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso

2 - Best Team
Red Bull, such a phenomenal car

3 - Best Overtake
Barrichello on Schumacher in Hungary, that was fantastic :thumbsup:

4 - Best Moment
The moment when Vettel crossed the line in Abu Dhabi. It still gives me the shivers :)

5 - Worst Driver
Felipe Massa was very dissapointing

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Nico Hülkenberg, struggled at the begin but then showed good performances and a stunning qualifiyng in Brazil

8 - Biggest Surprise
Vettel World Champion. I still can't believe it :n
Last edited by Eric_Cartman on 23 Nov 2010, 13:31, edited 2 times in total.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Edi96 » 14 Nov 2010, 21:15

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel

2 - Best Team
Red Bull

3 - Best Overtake
Barrichello on Schumacher

4 - Best Moment
Glock vs. Schumacher in Melbourne

5 - Worst Driver
Sakon Yamamoto

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Hülkenberg

8 - Biggest Surprise
Nico Hülkenberg's pole position in Interlagos.

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Richards19 » 15 Nov 2010, 01:26

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso

2 - Best Team
Red Bull, and the best car so far

3 - Best Overtake
Kobayashi on Algersuari at Suzuka.

4 - Best Moment
Alonso win at Singapore. Definitely one of his greatest performance of his career in my point of view

5 - Worst Driver
Massa has been disappointing, Schumacher as well, the HRT drivers

6 - Worst Team
HRT, it was just a joke

7 - Best Rookie: Kamui Kobayashi is the rookie of the year. Besides the pole at Interlagos, Hulkenberg was not very good

8 - Biggest Surprise
Button able to compete with his teammate, Webber fantastic season - besides the last few races

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 15 Nov 2010, 05:37

1 - Best Driver
Sebastian Vettel

2 - Best Team
Red Bull

3 - Best Overtake
BAR vs MSC in Hungary - all infront of my eyes
and all Kubica overtakes in Singapore

4 - Best Moment
crazy Buemi crash from China practice
and HAM wins in SPA

5 - Worst Driver
Well Yammamoto

6 - Worst Team
one of new teams

7 - Best Rookie
Nico Hulkenberg

8 - Biggest Surprise
well Kubica, what a season for him

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 17 Nov 2010, 00:25

1 - Best Driver
Yamamoto

2 - Best Team
HRT

3 - Best Overtake
Alonso on Massa at Hockenheim

4 - Best Moment
"Fernando is faster than you"

5 - Worst Driver
--

6 - Worst Team
--

7 - Best Rookie
Michael Schumacher

8 - Biggest Surprise
Ferrari team orders
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 23 Nov 2010, 13:21

1 - Best Driver
Fernando alonso, Lewis hamilton.

2 - Best Team
Mclaren in honesty. Redbull had the fastest car, screwed up more than any other team, and about imploded let alone the clearest display of favouritism this side without justification, and the constant bollocks about equal treatment.... god i hate christian horner

3 - Best Overtake
Alonso Button =]

4 - Best Moment
Alonso winning in monza. Hairs stood on the back of my neck. Best drive of the year and his career.

5 - Worst Driver
Easily de la rosa or yamamoto

6 - Worst Team
HRT

7 - Best Rookie
Koby

8 - Biggest Surprise
Nico Hulkenberg on Pole position in Brazil.

Just like to say that the OP must be gone in the head. Worst driver alonso because hes ruthless and showed his frustration at losing the world championship? Oh dear throw the book at him. Let alone making ferrari worst team through 'blatant team orders and getting away with it'. Forget redbull and taking webbers wing? Screaming at webber to move over on the pitwall when watching vettel and him side by side at turkey? Short memory you have. Or maybe, like alot of people, just anti alonso. Didnt see redbull getting a 100k fine did you? No.

And the 'no respect for his teammate', maybe if his teammate wasnt a moving chicane, thered be respect. Let alone the fact that, Alonso was FASTER than him, even though he had NO CLUTCH.

God you need to grow up Theres no way in hell ferrari or alonso were the worst team/driver. HRT better than ferrari? yeah, just as laughable as your opinion really.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 23 Nov 2010, 13:37

F1 Top 10 overtakes in 2010

Here is a video I made about the 10 best overtakes this season in my opinion. I uploaded the video at youtube before but it was deleted immediately so I had to upload it there. :<>:

The quality isn't good and I had converting problems with number 6, 3 and 2 but perhaps you like it.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 23 Nov 2010, 21:48

Eric_Cartman wrote:F1 Top 10 overtakes in 2010

Here is a video I made about the 10 best overtakes this season in my opinion. I uploaded the video at youtube before but it was deleted immediately so I had to upload it there. :<>:

The quality isn't good and I had converting problems with number 6, 3 and 2 but perhaps you like it.
:rofl: that initial Number one overtake was great :lol:

alejandroX
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alejandroX » 23 Nov 2010, 23:48

mikhailv wrote:Just like to say that the OP must be gone in the head. Worst driver alonso because hes ruthless and showed his frustration at losing the world championship? Oh dear throw the book at him. Let alone making ferrari worst team through 'blatant team orders and getting away with it'. Forget redbull and taking webbers wing? Screaming at webber to move over on the pitwall when watching vettel and him side by side at turkey? Short memory you have. Or maybe, like alot of people, just anti alonso. Didnt see redbull getting a 100k fine did you? No.

And the 'no respect for his teammate', maybe if his teammate wasnt a moving chicane, thered be respect. Let alone the fact that, Alonso was FASTER than him, even though he had NO CLUTCH.

God you need to grow up Theres no way in hell ferrari or alonso were the worst team/driver. HRT better than ferrari? yeah, just as laughable as your opinion really.
I don't think there is a point in calling HRT worse than Ferrari. Everyone knows that (well, i hope you do).

Ferrari had the car, the technology and the people good enough to take both titles. How many did they get on 2010? [I hear none?]

Alonso might not have had clutch, but he had the team orders in his favour.
El ministerio del tiempo puso sede en mi almohada
Ahí te encuentro a momentos aunque no sirve de nada.

alejandroX

rFactor updates ___ http://www.mediafire.com/alejandroX

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 24 Nov 2010, 10:20

alejandroX wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Just like to say that the OP must be gone in the head. Worst driver alonso because hes ruthless and showed his frustration at losing the world championship? Oh dear throw the book at him. Let alone making ferrari worst team through 'blatant team orders and getting away with it'. Forget redbull and taking webbers wing? Screaming at webber to move over on the pitwall when watching vettel and him side by side at turkey? Short memory you have. Or maybe, like alot of people, just anti alonso. Didnt see redbull getting a 100k fine did you? No.

I don't think there is a point in calling HRT worse than Ferrari. Everyone knows that (well, i hope you do).

Ferrari had the car, the technology and the people good enough to take both titles. How many did they get on 2010? [I hear none?]

Alonso might not have had clutch, but he had the team orders in his favour.
just like lewis did in 2008. Like Massa did in 2008. Like Kimi did in 2007. Like button did in 2009. Nobody said they were the worst drivers that yeah. It just proves point that it doesnt matter who does what, because if Alonso does it, its wrong, he is the worst. He is a disgrace. Nobody has ever done team orders as bad as ferrari have. Nobody has ever gifted a win to their teammate lets all shoot fernando.

makes me sick. And Ferrari had the car? are you a retard? Seriously are you? Alonso was only in the hunt, simply because Vettel took webber out, Vettels brakes went in spain, Webber crashed in Korea, Vettel cant overtake in singapore for the same reason Alonso couldnt overtake in Dhabi (s*** track design), redbull failed in monza, vettel took Button out in Spa, Vettel had an engine problem in Bahrain and his engine blew in korea.

but yes, if it wasnt for ALL those reasons, ferrari would have beaten Redbull on track. God you are an idiot. pure and simple. Ferrari up until Spa, had the 3rd best car on the grid. What FERNANDO did with the ferrari, was take it to somewhere it shouldnt have been. No way should it have been beating mclaren, no way should it have been beating redbull in a dogfight at singapore. Fact is, Alonso was the only ferrari driver actively racing. People, dont like that.

And I had to laugh at that overtake video number 7. It was an illegal overtake....
Moderator shailf1:
I am sure u would not like to be called an idiot. So please don't attack the members with verbal abuse.
Last edited by mikhailv on 24 Nov 2010, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 Nov 2010, 10:26

You have to realise that there are people who hate Hamilton, there are people who hate Schumacher and there are also people who hate Alonso. But the 'hate' you have to see as a positive thing: When you are competitive and you're in a competitive car you are loved by many, but you're also hated by many. Was Kovalainen hated by anyone? No. Is Buemi hated by anyone? No. Because they are not competitive enough to take Championships.

And you are not correct about you suggesting that the McLaren was better than the Ferrari, because it just simply wasn't. Red Bull had the best car - Ferrari - McLaren
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at