2010 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix *SHOWDOWN*

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 Formula One World Championship?

Fernando Alonso
40%
Mark Webber
29%
Sebastian Vettel
25%
Lewis Hamilton
6%

Total votes: 65

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2010 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix *SHOWDOWN*

Post by François » 15 Nov 2010, 11:53

TwistedArmco wrote:But then many of the axe-wounds on this forum wouldn't know objectivity if it impartially shat on their faces.
Names!

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 15 Nov 2010, 12:13

phil1993 wrote: HoF comment.
what is HoF?
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 12:15

Denorth wrote:
what is HoF?
maybe what it means is that the person who made that comment is High on Fumes :lol:
The JINX

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 15 Nov 2010, 12:33

brendakarli wrote:
Denorth wrote:
what is HoF?
maybe what it means is that the person who made that comment is High on Fumes :lol:
:rofl: :thumbsup:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 15 Nov 2010, 12:35

I think Alonso's gesture was very weak, the weakest thing that I saw a driver has done in the 2010 season. It showed his lack of ability, and pressure handling in that situation, not worthy of a double World Champion, with his talent and qualities. He should have kept his emotions under control. And you do not lose a World Championship in the last race, you lose (and win) a championship over a whole year. And Petrov? Come on, if you wanna become World Champion, you have to get passed a driver like him, he is so far down on Kubica.

This is why I think Alonso's gesture was really weak, and showed no respect to Petrov (Although I do not like Petrov)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 15 Nov 2010, 12:45

JoostLamers wrote:Come on, if you wanna become World Champion, you have to get passed a driver like him, he is so far down on Kubica.
and he's the winner of the DHL Fastest Lap Award :lol:

that gesture was an expression for impotence... it was the only thing he could do to petrov.
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 15 Nov 2010, 13:51

Just to let you know how crazy Germany is about Vettel atm: they have made a live timing of Vettel's activities today, here's a link to that site, but it's in German.. He has landed in Salzburg, and there will be a big party tonight...

http://www.sport.de/cms/formel-1/news-u ... tid=532357
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 15 Nov 2010, 14:51

Rosberg on Twitter: Nice way to finish the season with 4th!Had a big pool team party last night. Everyone thrown in. Now sitting in police car as I got stopped. (5 hours ago)... police let me go after 1hr in station. missed out on party+Had2call my dad to get my liscence from my room. he was not amused. Now dubai cycling
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

escalador
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by escalador » 15 Nov 2010, 15:09

Guys you know where to find the Webber interview on the BBC after the race? :)

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 15:26

eleanor wrote:Rosberg on Twitter: Nice way to finish the season with 4th!Had a big pool team party last night. Everyone thrown in. Now sitting in police car as I got stopped. (5 hours ago)... police let me go after 1hr in station. missed out on party+Had2call my dad to get my liscence from my room. he was not amused. Now dubai cycling
Rossi, u should be careful, the FIA has warned they would take the superlicense away from u if u dun behave on the roads :zz:
The JINX

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Nov 2010, 16:19

Denorth wrote:
what is HoF?
Hall of Fame, ie, brilliant.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 15 Nov 2010, 16:27

ahhh, phil, your HoF description is better than my "High on Fumes" interpretation :p
The JINX

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 15 Nov 2010, 16:48

JoostLamers wrote:I think Alonso's gesture was very weak, the weakest thing that I saw a driver has done in the 2010 season. It showed his lack of ability, and pressure handling in that situation, not worthy of a double World Champion, with his talent and qualities. He should have kept his emotions under control. And you do not lose a World Championship in the last race, you lose (and win) a championship over a whole year. And Petrov? Come on, if you wanna become World Champion, you have to get passed a driver like him, he is so far down on Kubica.

This is why I think Alonso's gesture was really weak, and showed no respect to Petrov (Although I do not like Petrov)

I can understand if you dislike the way he acts, But his actions are far for showing he is weak. Emotions run high while racing he was pissed at Petrov for not getting passed him so he let out his anger its apart of being human. And Alonso is latin I mean look at Ayrton Senna everyone hated him for doing just the same thing i would hardly call Ayrton weak.

I think Abu Dhabi was a massive anti climax. And it showed up everything what is wrong with are sport.

The new tracks being made never challenge a driver and more often than not overtaking chances are done when the driver is put into a position of making a mistake. It was said by Martin Brundle that its very hard to make a mistake on this track because its so smooth and its not challanging.

These cars are so downforce dependent that following another car is really hard. Not to mention the mass of limatations of the rules. They are rev limited so when it comes to the end of a stright your already hitting the max revs. So the way the track layout is made its flawed because "slipstreaming" is pointless

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 15 Nov 2010, 16:54

I think there is one country where Petrov cannot travel to anymore....because he will be shot on sight :zz:

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 15 Nov 2010, 18:54

nano1alonso wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:I think Alonso's gesture was very weak, the weakest thing that I saw a driver has done in the 2010 season. It showed his lack of ability, and pressure handling in that situation, not worthy of a double World Champion, with his talent and qualities. He should have kept his emotions under control. And you do not lose a World Championship in the last race, you lose (and win) a championship over a whole year. And Petrov? Come on, if you wanna become World Champion, you have to get passed a driver like him, he is so far down on Kubica.

I can understand if you dislike the way he acts, But his actions are far for showing he is weak. Emotions run high while racing he was pissed at Petrov for not getting passed him so he let out his anger its apart of being human. And Alonso is latin I mean look at Ayrton Senna everyone hated him for doing just the same thing i would hardly call Ayrton weak.

I think Abu Dhabi was a massive anti climax. And it showed up everything what is wrong with are sport.

The new tracks being made never challenge a driver and more often than not overtaking chances are done when the driver is put into a position of making a mistake. It was said by Martin Brundle that its very hard to make a mistake on this track because its so smooth and its not challanging.

These cars are so downforce dependent that following another car is really hard. Not to mention the mass of limatations of the rules. They are rev limited so when it comes to the end of a stright your already hitting the max revs. So the way the track layout is made its flawed because "slipstreaming" is pointless
I agree completely. Also, I think Petrov was equally guilty in that little dispute, as he lurched his car to the left and nearly hit Alonso in the process.

As for the track, it was clearly made for the TV "wow" factor rather than being a challenge for the drivers. I personally don't like it.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60