Rate the 2010 Korean Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Rate the Korean GP

10/10 - Perfect
7%
9/10 - Superb race
13%
8/10 - A great race
31%
7/10 - Fun to watch
36%
6/10 - Quite good
7%
5/10 - Average
2%
4/10 - Sub-par
4%
3/10 - Boring
No votes
2/10 - Barely worth watching
No votes
1/10 - Atrocious
No votes

Total votes: 45

Richards19
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rate the 2010 Korean Grand Prix

Post by Richards19 » 24 Oct 2010, 20:10

1 - Best Driver: both Alonso and Vettel
2 - Best Team: Ferrari
3 - Best Overtake: Schumacher on Button
4 - Best Moment: Webber's accident with Rosberg
5 - Worst Driver: Webber and Sutil
6 -Worst Team: Red Bull
7 - Best Rookie: Hülkenberg
8 - Biggest Surprise: It was the first engine problem for Red Bull this year
9 - General Comment(s):boring start with the SC, after a very good race. Alonso was very close of Vettel until the 45th lap...Button is definitely out for taking the championship. Bring Interlagos now, I love the Brazilian circuit, always good races each year

jonathanosim
car driver
car driver

Post by jonathanosim » 24 Oct 2010, 20:30

Schumacher really showed his colours in that race. Every lap behind the safety car, he was practicing taking Kubica on turn 1, drying that line, first lap of racing - nails him! Brilliant

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 24 Oct 2010, 20:54

1 - Best Driver: Rosberg, Alonso
2 - Best Team: Ferrari
3 - Best Overtake: Rosberg
4 - Best Moment: The gap Alonso pulled on Hamilton at the end.
5 - Worst Driver: No driver is bad
6 - Worst Team: HRT
7 - Best Rookie: Hullkenberg
8 - Biggest Surprise: Both Red Bulls going out!

9 - General Comment(s)

Felt ill after Vettel went out and had to count the laps down to Alonso's win. They lasted forever

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 24 Oct 2010, 20:58

jonathanosim wrote:Schumacher really showed his colours in that race. Every lap behind the safety car, he was practicing taking Kubica on turn 1, drying that line, first lap of racing - nails him! Brilliant
Im not bashing Schumacher but they guy has been off pace this season wether thats because of the 3 years out or its because he just cant get used to the new f1 cars. But he still shows unreal talent from time to time and like you said the way he set that overtake up was great it started even before the safty car went in :lol:

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 24 Oct 2010, 21:16

1 - Best Driver Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher
2 - Best Team Ferrari
3 - Best Overtake Schumacher on Button, Hamilton.
4 - Best Moment Vettel's blowup
5 - Worst Driver Mark Webber, Adrian Sutil
6 - Worst Team Red Bull, Virgin
7 - Best Rookie Bruno Senna
8 - Biggest Surprise We got the whole race in!

9 - General Comment(s)
Almost comical start to the race, then some real solid action. Had it been dry, I think it would have been boring. Nice inaugural race for Korea, I think the circuit is a great addition to the calendar.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 24 Oct 2010, 21:50

Zack wrote: 4 - Best Moment: race start
Do you like first 17 laps? :blink: :( :confused:

1 - Best Driver
Not sure, really not "best" driver, only the one that have not errors, and this is too much. Alonso

2 - Best Team
As best driver, Ferrari, both on podium. Also HRT, both car finish

3 - Best Overtake
Rosberg - Hamilton. But unlucky Rosberg, he was crashed with webber a few laps after overtake

4 - Best Moment
SC on lap 18

5 - Worst Driver
Sutil

6 - Worst Team
RBR, no doubt

7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise
SC has enought fuel for 17 laps!!!

9 - General Comment(s)
Race, with a lot of to loose and few to win. Only Alonso and Hamilton (top 5) get finish with points

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Oct 2010, 06:42

Ferrariman60 wrote:3 - Best Overtake Schumacher on Button, Hamilton.
Schumacher never overtook Hamilton - do you mean Rosberg (On Hamilton)?

Gwilo
car driver
car driver

Post by Gwilo » 25 Oct 2010, 09:33

1 - Best Driver Fernando Alonso
2 - Best Team Ferrari
3 - Best Overtake Rosberg Hamilton.
4 - Best Moment (s) Vettel's blowup Webber's crash although I felt really sorry for Rosberg
5 - Worst Driver Mark Webber, by far.
6 - Worst Team Red Bull, by far.
7 - Best Rookie, don't know and not particularly interested, sorry
8 - Biggest Surprise, that Alonso won.

9 - General Comment(s)
I really do not like wet F1 races and lets be honest a wet race is NOT what F1 is about, it is just a lottery. I cannot help but dislike Red Bull (the team) Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel, I honestly cannot even bear to look at Mark Webber or Vettel, so it was very pleasing to see that RBR DNF. Having said all that, I did actually feel quite sorry for Vettel, he didn't put a foot wrong and was winning by a country mile when his engine let go, that was a shame but Ferrari and Alonso are now back in the picture, lets hope thay can do it.....

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 25 Oct 2010, 11:35

1 - Best Driver
Vettel drove out of his skin, and so did Alonso, but poor Vettel. Life is unfair sometimes.
2 - Best Team
Mercedes looked on it.
3 - Best Overtake
Rosberg on Hamilton. It's usually Hamilton coming from ridiculously far back on someone else, but Rosberg was some distance behind Hamilton when they started braking.
4 - Best Moment
The whole race once properly started was excellent. Also Legard's Rosberg confusion was quiiite funny.
5 - Worst Driver
Sutil or Buemi or Button.
6 - Worst Team
Dunno really. Actual team pace was hard to establish, I just think Mercedes improved a lot. Red Bull I guess, because of the small issue of coming away with no points.
7 - Best Rookie
Petrov looked good... until he crashed. So Koboyashi again for the umpteenth time this year, despite being battered and bruised by Sutil and others.
8 - Biggest Surprise
A really good race? No, because inclement weather and a low-grip track were never likely to give us anything else.

9 - General Comment(s)
It was really, really good. There was always something happening to keep me on the edge of my seat.

EDIT: Part of the rationale for giving the MOTR jointly to Alonso was his last half of his last stint. At times, he was 4 seconds a lap faster than most of the top ten. That's pretty good. Also, about the long time before the real start, it was frustrating, but it only made what followed better and also was quite tense. It wasn't exciting, but in its own way it contributed to the weekend.

Isn't it odd that no absolute frenzy has been made of the fact that there are 5, count them, 5 people in with a chance for this championship with two races to go. That hasn't happened recently, if at all. How cool is that? Everey move, every retirement has something riding on it and makes dramatic changes. Nuts.

Korean Grand Prix 9/10 - contraversial perhaps, but I thought this was even more action-packed and dramatic as Australia, maybe because we're so near to the end now.
Australian Grand Prix 9/10
Canadian Grand Prix 9/10
Chinese Grand Prix 9/10
Belgian Grand Prix 8/10
Singapore Grand Prix 8/10
Hungarian Grand Prix 8/10
Turkish Grand Prix 7/10
British Grand Prix 7/10
Monaco Grand Prix 7/10
Malaysian Grand Prix 7/10
Japanese Grand Prix 6/10
European Grand Prix 6/10
Italian Grand Prix 5/10
Spanish Grand Prix 5/10
Bahrain Grand Prix 5/10
German Grand Prix 4/10
Last edited by TwistedArmco on 25 Oct 2010, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 25 Oct 2010, 14:06

1 - Best Driver- Tough choice. Id say vettel but then, he only wanted to end the race early so he could win, and Alonso/hamilton was getting much faster than him so no. Hamilton? He drove brilliant, but his car destroyed the tyres after 2 laps, and he made a ridiculous error which he could have avoided; he was on the radio saying he took diff lock off etc, so he knew they were goin bald and should have accounted for that at the restart. Alonso? Botched pit stop by his mechanics, but pulled a 14 second lead out on Hamilton. So its got to go to Alonso, then Vettel then Hamilton. Otherwise, nothing to choose between them had their cars have no problems.
2 - Best Team- Ferari 1-3
3 - Best Overtake- Schumacher button?
4 - Best Moment- Alonso/Hamilton overtaking Vettels dying Renau V8
5 - Worst Driver- Sutil without a doubt
6 - Worst Team- Toro Rosso?
7 - Best Rookie- Hulkenberg
8 - Biggest Surprise- Vettels engine, Webber dropping it

9 - General Comment(s)

I said last year, I said after every race good or bad, Alonso will win the championship. Hes shown why, he is the best on grid.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Oct 2010, 14:11

dacer wrote:
Zack wrote: 4 - Best Moment: race start
Do you like first 17 laps? :blink: :( :confused:
yeahh .. something was better than nothing... basically was so bored ..it seemed to be the best thing for the moment :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 25 Oct 2010, 18:04

Well, to be honest, I can't rate it, because I didn't watch it. For some reason, I wasn't intressed at all about this GP... :blink:
But, well, at the moment Alonsos recipe could work, and if he wins the championship, he absolutelly deserved it. Afterall he came 41 points behind and leadin series with 11 points...

Gwilo
car driver
car driver

Post by Gwilo » 26 Oct 2010, 03:15

TwistedArmco wrote:
Isn't it odd that no absolute frenzy has been made of the fact that there are 5, count them, 5 people in with a chance for this championship with two races to go. That hasn't happened recently, if at all. How cool is that? Everey move, every retirement has something riding on it and makes dramatic changes. Nuts.
Perhaps you should ask Kimi, Lewis and maybe not Jenson about that! You are right of course but the only reason for it is the unreliability of the Red Bulls, how many poles has Vettel turned into race wins? If he'd have even turned half of them into race wins, well, need I go on...

We wil see over the next few weeks but my money is and has been for a long time on Alonso making an impact, we will see :zz:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 26 Oct 2010, 07:48

TwistedArmco wrote: Korean Grand Prix 9/10 - contraversial perhaps, but I thought this was even more action-packed and dramatic as Australia, maybe because we're so near to the end now.
Absolutely correct. It's just another feeling now with the final races, than at the start of the season
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at