Korean Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 South Korean GP?

Mark Webber
17%
Fernando Alonso
44%
Sebastian Vettel
8%
Lewis Hamilton
19%
Jenson Button
4%
Felipe Massa
2%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
2%
Michael Schumacher
2%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 48

phil1993

Re: Korean Grand Prix 2010

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2010, 14:03

I think

Alonso/Hamilton > Kubica > Button > Massa/Vettel > Webber/Rosberg

Alonso & Hamilton are clearly the best in the field, always maximising their potential. Kubica is very very talented and hardly ever makes an error. Button has to have everything perfect but when he does he is unstoppable. Massa is a very good driver but has struggled in 2010 and I think 2011 will be make or break for Felipe. Vettel is still maturing and will be very good next year or the year after. Webber is usually a tenth or so behind Vettel in qualifying and lacking on overall pace and prone to lapses in judgement. Still can't judge Rosberg yet but he will win in 2011.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 27 Oct 2010, 14:13

phil1993 wrote:I think

Alonso & Hamilton are clearly the best in the field, always maximising their potential. Kubica is very very talented and hardly ever makes an error. Button has to have everything perfect but when he does he is unstoppable. Massa is a very good driver but has struggled in 2010 and I think 2011 will be make or break for Felipe. Vettel is still maturing and will be very good next year or the year after. Webber is usually a tenth or so behind Vettel in qualifying and lacking on overall pace and prone to lapses in judgement. Still can't judge Rosberg yet but he will win in 2011.
I also would say Alonso and Hamilton are the best drivers in the field. But Button didn't impress me at all. He never makes any mistakes, but his pace is just to slow I think. It's not a shame to be slower than Hamilton, but Barrichello was also as fast as Button last year, especially in the second half of the season. And I think Barrichello is just an average driver.

My opinion:
Alonso > Hamilton > Vettel/Kubica > Rosberg > Webber/Button > Massa
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2010, 15:16

Eric_Cartman wrote:But Button didn't impress me at all. He never makes any mistakes, but his pace is just to slow I think. It's not a shame to be slower than Hamilton, but Barrichello was also as fast as Button last year, especially in the second half of the season. And I think Barrichello is just an average driver.
Equally, but for a Vettel shaped hole in the MP4/25, Button would still be in it. Thats what McLaren can rely on with Button and thats points. Which is why his race on Sunday was all the more disappointing...

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 27 Oct 2010, 15:43

blizzard wrote:If Hamilton or Schumacher had done that everybody would be screeming for a 10 place grid penalty!

Those Red Bitches get away with everything. Man I can't tell you how happy I was when Vettel retired and I saw those disappointed faces :lol:
I really really hate that guy. The most overrated driver in F1 history, without such a supreme car he would be nowhere!

Kimi won 8 races in 2005, when McLaren had a supreme car. Without the massive reliability problems he would have won 12 or 13 races.
Schumacher won 13 races in 2004, the last time Ferrari had a dominant car.
This year Red Dumb have a supreme car and Sevastian 'overrated' Vettel has won 4 races and Mark 'average' Webber 3. That's class for ya! :p
Um, aren't we being slightly petty here? You don't like Red Bull, okay, that's fine. We get it.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 27 Oct 2010, 15:51

Eric_Cartman wrote:Certainly Vettel is not overrated in this forum, as 95% here think he is just average.....
We must not forget that the press always plays a lot with people's view. UK and Germany are two superpowers in F1, not forgetting to Italy, and the press of these countries must elevate to one of its pilots. I think Vettel is too overrated, because it is the safest bet Germanic. In the British case, I have always valued most in Button, a safer driver and steady, but "boring", compared to Hamilton for my inconsistent and immature, although "spectacular" and with the ability to move masses of fans (so he can sell a lot of newspaper). Italy today seems more go for another Latino, Alonso, who by their own pilots.

Spain unfortunately in F1, have not pressure's power in F1. Here, the main sports media, "Marca" is sensationalist and like to shape the truth to their liking. I think the same for BBC in the UK.

Alonso-Kubica> Hamilton-Button-Rosberg> Webber-Vettel> Massa

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2010, 15:54

Please don't compare Marca to the BBC. The BBC is respectable but Marca is a joke. The press here is biased naturally, but I think most forum users look above that and only the general public follow what the press tell them to think. Reading something like the Sun or the Mirror (British "newspapers") are a joke as they regularly slag off Alonso and praise Hamilton & Button, irrespective of the race result.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 27 Oct 2010, 16:48

The BBC is paid for by British taxpayers, that means its barred from being biased. Its accused of being biased/terrible/work of the devil on a daily basis in the British press, but generally it is impartial. Marca is I believe the Real Madrid newspaper who put Christiano Ronaldo on every front page saying how great he is and how big his six pack and biceps are.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2010, 19:20

Red Bull take the piss out of Bernie, both Red Bull's retire. Coincidence? Hmmm :lol:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Oct 2010, 08:36

Massa and Vettel on level terms? No way, Vettel's better and I even think he's better than Button (hate to say that). He's just one package of raw speed. He could be the WC this year, and if he doesn't: It was the reliability that let him down.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 28 Oct 2010, 10:35

I'd slot Vettel above Button and Massa, and put Webber and Massa on level terms. Apart from that I agree with your assessment. Vettel's main issue is reliability, for both mechanical issues and driver errors. On his day, he is unstoppable.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Oct 2010, 14:47

I think Vettel still has a lot of learning to do. He's kinda like Massa at the moment which is why I put him there: from pole he can be unstoppable yet when he's in the field he can just be anonymous and not make an impact.

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 28 Oct 2010, 15:22

phil1993 wrote:anonymous and not make an impact.
:blink: erm... Turkey, Spa, Silverstone

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Oct 2010, 15:24

I meant that he doesn't drive back through the field successfully like Hamilton or Alonso. He makes the wrong impact shall we say. And he only fought back at Silverstone because the car was unbelievably dominant that weekend

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 28 Oct 2010, 15:27

That's more like it :lol:

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 Oct 2010, 15:44

cformula1 wrote:

I'd slot Vettel above Button and Massa, and put Webber and Massa on level terms. Apart from that I agree with your assessment. Vettel's main issue is reliability, for both mechanical issues and driver errors. On his day, he is unstoppable.
i wouldnt put Webber and Massa in the same mold though, though they seem similar, they are quite different IMO. As Phil said, Vettel has alot to learn, and as Phil had sasid some months earlier, he too will find it tough to come from back of field because of his tendency to collide while overtaking :lol:. Button is a very dependable driver IMO, and similar can be said of Webber tooo. Webber really needs to sort out his start sthough. Alonso can also be very consistent, as he showed in 2005 and 2006. The first half not going his way, could be excused as teething problems, as he got used to the car and even to the atmosphere and expectations from the team. But he and Hamilton are clearly the best in the field (atleast among the top cars). Heard recently that Lewis has been going thru a lot personally and that might be effecting his performances, which couldbe true, but seeing his general tendency to have crashes in the latter half of season, im not too surprised though, if he erases those mistakes, then he might be more dangerous than Alonso IMO in a n equal car. Massa, Button and Webber are 3 drivers who require all going well for them for them to win a championship, Massa nearly did it, Button did it, but they are not the kind to do a Fangio or Michael for sure, a bit in the Keke Rosberg mould