2010 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by Wolfie » 29 Aug 2010, 18:53

What's a race without the ever so witty Leo Turrini :lol:
There was a false Messiah in Belgium ...
Published by Leo Turrini Sun, 29/08/2010 - 15:51

Before starting to work I have a few minutes to line up my feelings after the race. I stated before the race that Ardennes never betrays; maybe it was because of the weather but you can hardly deny that you didn't experience a thrilling afternoon. After saying that I apologize because sometimes I say things that I have already said.

1) In 2007 when seeing a rookie who was at least on par with a two-time world champion, people reached the quick conclusion that Ham was a phenomenon. Alonso-fans commit the same mistake fans of Prost and Ayrton committed when another star appeared. Black is the number one driver on the track. Period. He might do mistakes, might lose the title (Red Bull is still above the McLaren), but that is another category. Actually everybody else except the Spanish and the depositors of Banco Santander have already understood it.

2) Now to Alonso. Let's do this: bilateral disarmament. Let me explain. Some of you exaggerate when saying that El Banco is blessed by fate, is protected with luck, even when the president of the drivers' union (Barrichello) is the ugly buffer. At least among us we can make an effort to be fair. Without forgetting intellectual honesty.

3) To the matter. Alonso has never been the Messiah and the regime's propaganda is terribly damaging. During season 2010 he has committed at least six outrageous mistakes. And that is too many errors for a top driver. Adding here that Barrichello was a fool but Fernando was not supposed to be there, he was there because he messed up badly in qualifying, which was yet again painfully justified by praisal. The final mistake is unforgivable for a champion.

4) I can also imagine the laughter of Raikkonen. Moreover the Spaniard has always been supporting the Ardennes during his whole career. And so we come back to the false myth of the Messiah. El Banco is a good driver, he is not Superman. In 2007 he was put under Hamilton. Ferrari was wrong in handing him the keys to the house, wrong in humiliating Massa by demoting him to a servant (although well paid), Ferrari was wrong and they can only hope for a less bleak future. But who is the cause of this pain ...

5) Vettel is a jerk. Sorry, but he is a jerk. Among other things he took away the hopes for the title from Button because of his stupidity and that cannot be considered 'healthy competition'. Healthy competition is when you do something without damaging the aggressive rival. It's true that Seb eventually went to apologize. Vettel made one of those things unintentionally, things that the old German uncle in his days made on purpose.

6) By the way: Schumi showed some flashes of class. However he still finished behind Rosberg ...

7) Webber's start is on his conscience but Ham beat him today.

8) Too bad for Kubica, the mistake in the pits, he has starred in a spectacular performance in a Renault, which isn't exactly the Apollo 11. I have believed for some time that the Polish deserves the title. Watch what you say because he is not less than Alonso, absolutely not.

9) Liuzzi has talent.

10) I have four pages of papers to write and then I also have to call the blond in the evening. Greetings.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Aug 2010, 19:26

Imagine if they had a gravel trap at Bus Stop. So many drivers would have retired :lol:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 29 Aug 2010, 19:26

hey wolfie - whom does Leo meant by blond? :O
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Aug 2010, 23:32

Probably the Italian equivalent of "The Wife" or "The missus". Good to see him praise Hamilton, there are lots of things not particularly likable about him but he's a bloody good driver and proved it today.

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 30 Aug 2010, 08:15

Wolfie wrote:But Realien, fortunately there are those who defend Vettel too. I didn't give a damn about the guy before but after the massive bashing all over - a group even had to leave the official board after Turkey and they call themself Turkish Refugees - he got my sympathy :fear: :(
I would like to apologize for the stupid mistake I have made, my knowledge of English is rather good for non-native speaker but not perfect and I have misunderstood the meaning of the word "brat", which I erroneously considered as an extremely rude. Upon check in the dictionary I have found out that it means only ill-mannered or unruly child, and might be used playfully. Sorry. Mea culpa. :roll::

PS. But I will remember Leo's "jerk" nevertheless. :<>: :lol:
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 30 Aug 2010, 08:28

Webber says to the press that the team should support only him now as he has 28 points over Vettel and six races to come. :rofl:
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Aug 2010, 08:36

The more I watch it, the more I doubt Vettel's racecraft. Yes, he lost control of the car, but equally he should not have put his car in a position where he would lose control. Button stuck to the inside line and it was obvious that Button was going to defend, yet Vettel was driving as if Button would move over for him. When he didn't he seemed almost surprised. Christian Horner said that Button braked early but he didn't. Vettel got caught out and was going to brake too late anyway. But it is the second time he's hit a title rival. He didn't need to pass Button as the McLaren was needing a new nose so would have lost a few seconds in the pits changing it.

I've seen a few comments deriding Kubica for pushing Vettel onto the grass on Lap 2, but when you look at it you can see Kubica lost control, regained control and rejoined he track and when he realised where Vettel was, he gave him room. Fair play there.

I'm a bit surprised that Ferrari haven't been handed a fine or a reprimand for releasing Alonso into the path of Vettel. Webber got a DT in 2009 for being released into Heidfeld and Hamilton & Vettel were reprimanded in China.

With the Barrichello-Alonso incident, I think they got it right with not giving anything. Rubens was the one who made the error and he paid for it. Alonso was extremely fortunate to be able to continue. Had Rubens hit him just on a different lap like that, I think a penalty would have been a good thing, but everyone went off and Rubens was the one who happened to encounter another car. Very lucky no-one was injured either.

And lastly, Jarno Trulli. I wonder why he's still there as he hasn't performed well in '10 compared to Kovalainen but I guess his experience is crucial for the team and he hopes that he will 'do a Rubens' and win agai. Very lucky that when he spun no-one hit him. Would have been a monumental accident if they did. But again I doubt the stewards consistency. In Q1, Glock blocked Yamamoto (hardly a huge loss surely) when there was chaos everywhere and received a 5 place penalty. Trulli, who caused the chaos by spinning di Grassi, escaped unpunished and was even ranting about di Grassi later on.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 30 Aug 2010, 09:56

Vettel will never be WDC if he makes mistakes like this, he cant even do simple things like a good start and overtaking, ajajaj Vettel

well the train has gone and Alonso,Vettel and Button came to late, only Webber and Hamilton made it in time

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Aug 2010, 10:12

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 30 Aug 2010, 10:38

After seeing the onboard from Alonso during his crash with Barrichello, Alonso is very unlucky to be one of the few drivers that didn't go off the track... Barrichello has made the same mistake than nearly all the drivers but Alonso didn't and boom! Alonso very unlucky this time...

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 30 Aug 2010, 11:54

He wasn't unlucky when he crashed though or in qualifying. He made mistakes and got punished for them. If he qualifies properly, he wouldn't have been taken out on the 1st lap.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 30 Aug 2010, 12:20

I was just shocked that Alonso was able to keep going after that shunt with Barrichello. The front left corner was ripped off the Williams, but the Ferrari was able to press on like nothing had happened! I guess Ferrari builds strong racecars...
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Aug 2010, 12:46

Reason Alonso's car survived that crashed could be angle of this car and Ruben's car front wing and right left tyre/suspension soaked the pressure.

Hamilton lucky to win/finish? ..how many of you agree or disagree
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Aug 2010, 13:12

Lucky yes, but it shows his maturity. Two years ago he would have retired there, this year he eased the car out and continued.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 30 Aug 2010, 13:17

Yeah. When Lewis went off in the gravel, I thought of China '07 when he beached it. He pulled it out this time and stayed in the lead.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60