2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 British Grand Prix?

Lewis Hamilton
29%
Jenson Button
7%
Sebastian Vettel
24%
Mark Webber
22%
Fernando Alonso
9%
Robert Kubica
4%
Nico Rosberg
2%
Felipe Massa
4%
Michael Schumacher
No votes
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 55

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by RagingJamaican » 10 Jul 2010, 21:02

swca92 wrote:If giving Vettel Webber's new, faster front wing and giving Webber an older, slower one when Vettel's new wing breaks isn't favouritism, I don't know what is frankly. Blaming Webber for Turkey also reeks of the team supporting one guy over the other. Its not stirring things up, its just common sense.
I am a neutral and i am one of the few who still thinks it was Webbers fault in Turkey, the only reason Vettel got the blame is because he turned right when his car was 3/4 ahead. And it is stirring up, media has done this before and is doing it again. Webber's kicking up a fuss because he isn't leading the championship.

AHAHAH
car driver
car driver

Post by AHAHAH » 10 Jul 2010, 22:08

blizzard wrote:My personal oppinion on Red Bull

I really have a serious dislike for them. In my oppinion they are very bad for the sport. Who are they? A rich man buying the Jaguar team and hiring the bestt designer and engineers. Compared to Ferrari who are around since the 50´s and McLaren who are around since the 60´s and even Williams or Renault, who have won championships by working extremely hard, Red Bull is othing to me. I will never respect or even admire them. Plus Vettel is such an anti-hero. Totally Un-German and totally overhyped, I really really detest him. I support most of our German drivers, like Rosberg, Hülkenberg or Glock, but Vettel is a red rag to me.
I think what Mateschitz did is pretty dangerous, because it means every rich man can have success in F1, simply by buying an existing team and hiring the best people. He has no connection to F1, is not a motorsport enthusiat or something like that and unlike Peter Sauber, he has no merits regarding car racing. Next we have Abramovich buying Williams, a Sheik buying Virgin, an Bill Gates buying Lotus. And the teams who stan for F1 all those years like Ferrari and McLaren will be screwed once again. Thank you MR Mateschitz!
You say Vettel is "Un-German" and "overhyped", but for you, Rosberg is a "pure" German??

Ferrari, McLaren? They win because they have many money. So, why you criticize Mateschitz for having money?

So, I think you are simply jealous...

PS : I am not a red bull, or a Vettel, or a Webber, fan

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 10 Jul 2010, 22:27

i was liking red bull , but seeing what they have done in previous few races has definetly not improved my liking (it has gone for the worse).
The way they are handling the situation is not professional IMO. At the start of the grand prix, you get 2 new wings with the thought of giving one each to each driver, now if one goes bad, it is that drivers bad luck, thats it.
Horner says that they are not favouring Vettel as they have not bought spares for him, but that is plain silly if you consider that they gave webber's wing to him. It is like this wing became the spare wing, and they gave it to Vettel, so at the end he is saying that they favour Vettel.

Consider below scenario:
Off-Topic: show
It is not a question of Red Bull alone, imagince a person is working in an office, if he has a competitor working on the same project, the manager decides to give both the same new computer. Incase there is some failure for the competitors comp, and your manager then gives away the first persons comp to the second person just because he had got better results last time around. If any of us are in the first person's position, we will definetly be frustrated irrespecive if whether the new comp is just slightly better than old comp
Ofc this is my opinion

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 11 Jul 2010, 08:36

RagingJamaican wrote: I am a neutral and i am one of the few who still thinks it was Webbers fault in Turkey, the only reason Vettel got the blame is because he turned right when his car was 3/4 ahead. And it is stirring up, media has done this before and is doing it again. Webber's kicking up a fuss because he isn't leading the championship.
Raging,

when kimi left the F1 scene, I also became neutral and was probably one of the few who felt that Webber was at fault in Turkey becos from the various videos, Vettel had already gone 3/4 of the car ahead of Webster and this got him incensed that he kept to his line. I also wonder if the team had told him just before that he was slower etc and further aggravated him.

but for yesterday's switch, I have to agree that they should have fitted Vettel with an old wing since Webster already had the new wing fitted to his car already. Having said that, it could easily have been that RB is clearly miffed with Webber's recent "out of company line' attitude and may be punishing him in this sense. For all we know, he could have signed a contract that has some clauses which he has agreed to (by signing on the dotted line) but is using any opportunity to hit back at RB ... I dunno, just my 2 cents
The JINX

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 11 Jul 2010, 09:18

Any stream for gp2?

Dino @lonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dino @lonso » 11 Jul 2010, 09:38

Force india:

It's race day and the skies look ominous. Grey, cloudy and spots of rain.

hemanthjava
car driver
car driver

Post by hemanthjava » 11 Jul 2010, 10:33

Watch British Grand Prix 2010 ( Silverstone F1) Live Streaming, Replay Video Highlights here. Sunday 11 July will witness two of the most important sporting events on the planet as British Grand Prix 2010 and football World Cup are scheduled on the same day.

http://www.sportsbun.com/british-grand- ... -1-online/

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 11 Jul 2010, 10:45

Dino @lonso wrote:Force india:

It's race day and the skies look ominous. Grey, cloudy and spots of rain.
Interesting. Hopefully we see some rain during the race. Because, don't forget we're in England. Never count out the english weather. I remember the 2008 British GP. One of the best races of that year. But according to formula.com, they expect full sunshine with no clouds or no rain.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 11 Jul 2010, 11:01

yes expected dry conditions, a bit cloudy and thats all
just saw on German RTL in the mercedaise area u can sit in the Mclaren form 2007 and have a photo, if so cant wait till i sit in there at the Hungaroring

Dino @lonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dino @lonso » 11 Jul 2010, 11:03

Yea,looking now on the circuit,it looks a bit cloudy but nothing dangerous. But its England.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 11 Jul 2010, 11:18

Any live streams of the BBC pre-show already?

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 11 Jul 2010, 11:26

R.? wrote:Any live streams of the BBC pre-show already?
Nah mate, unless you are in the UK then i recommend iplayer, but i am presuming you are not.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Jul 2010, 11:28

Weather Hot and dry, track temp 34C 50 min ahead of race, 15kph winds

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Jul 2010, 11:29

This quiz is hilarious!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 11 Jul 2010, 11:29

No, I'm at the other end of the North Sea. But the Dutch pre-show is totally, complete, utter rubbish. So I prefer BBC.

Now something els. During qualifing I say Yamamoto resting his head already. After just eight laps completed in total in quali. So it looks like he is physicly not good enough prepeard. As Silverstone is a demanding circuit for the driver. So how long do you think he will last?
Last edited by R.? on 11 Jul 2010, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.