European Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the European Grand Prix 2010?

Poll ended at 26 Jun 2010, 19:27

Lewis Hamilton
12
24%
Jenson Button
4
8%
Mark Webber
5
10%
Fernando Alonso
12
24%
Sebastian Vettel
9
18%
Nico Rosberg
1
2%
Robert Kubica
4
8%
Felipe Massa
2
4%
Michael Schumacher
0
No votes
Adrian Sutil
0
No votes
Vitantonio Liuzzi
0
No votes
Rubens Barrichello
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 49

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 22 Jun 2010, 10:22

Renault got some updates for Valencia as well :

Renault to debut new floor in Valencia
Spoiler:
21 June 2010

Renault will be running with a brand-new floor for its car plus the latest version of its front wing for this weekend's European Grand Prix on the streets of Valencia. The components are the latest for the Enstone team, which is taking significant new aerodynamic parts to each race this season.

Renault's development tempo is significantly higher this season, thanks to a new rolling road which was installed at its factory over the winter break.

Chief Race Engineer Alan Permane now looks forward to seeing Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov rise further up the order as the squad attacks Mercedes' fourth place in the Constructors' Championship.

"We've got quite a nice upgrade coming, with a new front wing and a new floor, which we believe will take us another step further forward," Permane explained.

"We have certainly seen an incredible rate of development this year. If we take the gap to pole position as a measure of how much we've improved, we've seen the gap steadily reduce race by race as we've developed quicker than some of our competitors; and with the updates we have planned for this weekend, that trend will hopefully continue."


podium anyone ?

User avatar
cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5115
Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Location: Inaccessible Island

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by cformula1 » 22 Jun 2010, 10:27

The order will be shaken up this weekend a bit, as a result of the updates.
I'm expecting that this weekend will be crucial for Red Bull, because if they struggle, we might see a decline like Brawn did mid-season last year. McLaren will be strong, and Renault will be up there with Ferrari and Mercedes.
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by iceman1 » 22 Jun 2010, 12:42

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
podium anyone ?

No :p

Williams will use the F-duct on Friday
Image

User avatar
Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4542
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:55
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by Ferrariman60 » 22 Jun 2010, 15:26

I for one hope that the Williams F-duct system turns that car from a snail into a space shuttle. A Williams win would really spice things up in Valencia.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi


Ferrariman60

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by swca92 » 22 Jun 2010, 15:48

There's more chance of Burkina Faso winning the 2014 World Cup than Williams winning this race.

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Jun 2010, 17:23

swca92 wrote:There's more chance of Burkina Faso winning the 2014 World Cup than Williams winning this race.

:lol:

That's untrue I think
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by iceman1 » 22 Jun 2010, 17:32

Lotus will race with special logos on their car marking the team’s 500th Grand Prix start this weekend.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by phil1993 » 22 Jun 2010, 18:28

Official F1 site says fog for Saturday & Sunday. I think they're just trying to get our hopes up that something vaugely interesting might happen...

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by swca92 » 22 Jun 2010, 19:26

Fog??? In Spain in the middle of summer??? That'd be an ecological phenomenon. Is it coincidence they schedule this race when there's the biggest amount of sport on all year and we have great sunny weather??? I think not.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by iceman1 » 22 Jun 2010, 19:41

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Renault got some updates for Valencia as well :

Renault to debut new floor in Valencia
Spoiler:
21 June 2010

Renault will be running with a brand-new floor for its car plus the latest version of its front wing for this weekend's European Grand Prix on the streets of Valencia. The components are the latest for the Enstone team, which is taking significant new aerodynamic parts to each race this season.

Renault's development tempo is significantly higher this season, thanks to a new rolling road which was installed at its factory over the winter break.

Chief Race Engineer Alan Permane now looks forward to seeing Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov rise further up the order as the squad attacks Mercedes' fourth place in the Constructors' Championship.

"We've got quite a nice upgrade coming, with a new front wing and a new floor, which we believe will take us another step further forward," Permane explained.

"We have certainly seen an incredible rate of development this year. If we take the gap to pole position as a measure of how much we've improved, we've seen the gap steadily reduce race by race as we've developed quicker than some of our competitors; and with the updates we have planned for this weekend, that trend will hopefully continue."


podium anyone ?


The Only positive thing about Renault is :zz:
Image

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by megasyxx » 22 Jun 2010, 19:52

iceman1 wrote:The Only positive thing about Renault is :zz:
Image


their new drivers??!?!? :blink: :80: :drool: wow!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 949
Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 14:03
Location: Bahamas

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by RagingJamaican » 22 Jun 2010, 20:18

megasyxx wrote:
iceman1 wrote:The Only positive thing about Renault is :zz:
Image


their new drivers??!?!? :blink: :80: :drool: wow!!!!!!!



Ooo gaddamn!

User avatar
harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 550
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:30

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by harrisv48 » 22 Jun 2010, 21:02

iceman1 wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Renault got some updates for Valencia as well :

Renault to debut new floor in Valencia
Spoiler:
21 June 2010

Renault will be running with a brand-new floor for its car plus the latest version of its front wing for this weekend's European Grand Prix on the streets of Valencia. The components are the latest for the Enstone team, which is taking significant new aerodynamic parts to each race this season.

Renault's development tempo is significantly higher this season, thanks to a new rolling road which was installed at its factory over the winter break.

Chief Race Engineer Alan Permane now looks forward to seeing Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov rise further up the order as the squad attacks Mercedes' fourth place in the Constructors' Championship.

"We've got quite a nice upgrade coming, with a new front wing and a new floor, which we believe will take us another step further forward," Permane explained.

"We have certainly seen an incredible rate of development this year. If we take the gap to pole position as a measure of how much we've improved, we've seen the gap steadily reduce race by race as we've developed quicker than some of our competitors; and with the updates we have planned for this weekend, that trend will hopefully continue."


podium anyone ?


The Only positive thing about Renault is :zz:
Image


That's why they have always good mood!!! :O

User avatar
color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 180
Joined: 25 Jun 2007, 01:46

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by color » 23 Jun 2010, 03:18

phil1993 wrote:Kubica went rallying and won his class by 7m 30s


other nice one
here

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by iceman1 » 23 Jun 2010, 10:02

Possibilities updates for Mercedes

* Floor & DDD
* Pull Rod Suspension
* All leading to an exaust driven DDD

Locked