European Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the European Grand Prix 2010?

Poll ended at 26 Jun 2010, 19:27

Lewis Hamilton
24%
Jenson Button
8%
Mark Webber
10%
Fernando Alonso
24%
Sebastian Vettel
18%
Nico Rosberg
2%
Robert Kubica
8%
Felipe Massa
4%
Michael Schumacher
No votes
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Vitantonio Liuzzi
No votes
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 49

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: European Grand Prix 2010

Post by shailf1 » 27 Jun 2010, 23:22

alex1369 wrote:i doubt that Ferrari will rule in Silverstone, Mclaren will have a big update, so my prediction is only 1, a Mclaren 1-2, and ur right what goes around comes around
well if u look at the major upgrades made byt the teams in the last few races it hasnt gone great. for eg

Mercedes in spain: didnt make them challenge for race wins.
red bull in turkey: their lead merely decreased to mclaren
ferrari in valencia: not that much quick any-ways

so dont except mclaren not make a huge improvement with the upgrades. everyone upgrades their car, mclaren might have gained a few, but not not a lot. i might be wrong but lets see.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 27 Jun 2010, 23:28

I think Red Bull will remain fastest. The fast, sweeping turns fitt their car well, it looks like. If you look at all those updates of various teams, Red Bull remains fastest. The order hasn't chanced that much, the last races.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Jun 2010, 06:28

GP.com explained here why it took Race Control so long to award the penalty
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22390.html wrote:The delay in penalising Hamilton was because Whiting and the stewards wanted to be absolutely sure that a penalty was justified. Hamilton at first seemed to slow down when he saw the Safety Car out of the corner of his eye, then realised that the Safety Car line was further up the road and carried on. Whether he got there before the Safety Car or not, was a close call.

Proving it was no simple matter. Race control has the use of a GPS system but there was no back-up timing loop at that point and so they had to find footage of the incident. That was initially from the wrong angle and was inconclusive and so they had to locate aerial footage. There was also the question of exactly where the timing transponders were on Hamilton’s car and the Safety Car respectively which, if you are talking about less than a car’s length, is significant. That all needed to be checked and speeds/distances ratified.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jun 2010, 07:21

shailf1 wrote:
alex1369 wrote:i doubt that Ferrari will rule in Silverstone, Mclaren will have a big update, so my prediction is only 1, a Mclaren 1-2, and ur right what goes around comes around
well if u look at the major upgrades made byt the teams in the last few races it hasnt gone great. for eg

Mercedes in spain: didnt make them challenge for race wins.
red bull in turkey: their lead merely decreased to mclaren
ferrari in valencia: not that much quick any-ways

so dont except mclaren not make a huge improvement with the upgrades. everyone upgrades their car, mclaren might have gained a few, but not not a lot. i might be wrong but lets see.
But we all know how McLaren can improve their car, they did it last year big time, and they´re doing it as we speak. But yes, Silverstone will suit the Red Bull perfectly, much better than Valencia as they say it themselves.

Maybe someone should open the Silverstone thread :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 28 Jun 2010, 08:39

Alonso - "never again Hamiltons team mate"
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 62803.html

its in german language, i can only say Alonso bla bla bla and :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 28 Jun 2010, 09:30

Just saw the race .. WTF! FiA & Stewards hunting down Schu :<>: ..OT FIA's unstated penalties are unjustified. Anyways another good race by Schumacher.

Weber : Hero to Zero :lol:

Koyobashi* :thumbsup:
Button :yuk:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jun 2010, 09:36

Zack wrote: WTF! FiA & Stewards hunting down Schu :<>:
:lol:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 28 Jun 2010, 10:03

Zack wrote:Just saw the race .. WTF! FiA & Stewards hunting down Schu :<>: ..OT FIA's unstated penalties are unjustified. Anyways another good race by Schumacher.

are we tallking about the same race? :O
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 28 Jun 2010, 11:05

Denorth wrote:
Zack wrote:Just saw the race .. WTF! FiA & Stewards hunting down Schu :<>: ..OT FIA's unstated penalties are unjustified. Anyways another good race by Schumacher.

are we tallking about the same race? :O
dunno!! Race i saw was won by German driver Vettel :p

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Jun 2010, 12:03

Hamilton: "I think Alonso was reaction emotionally"
Spoiler:
So thorny did relations get, that at times during 2007 the pair were scarcely even on speaking terms as team-mates, but having since learned to live with one another within the confines of the F1 paddock, the mutual enmity between Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso seems to have brewed up again in the wake of last weekend's European Grand Prix, with the former accusing the latter of 'reacting emotionally' in his post-race outburst.

Hamilton took the chequered flag second in Valencia and Alonso just ninth, though the home hero was subsequently elevated to eighth courtesy of the spate of post-race penalties handed out. They had been running together in second and third respectively when the safety car appeared on lap nine, but whilst Alonso stayed dutifully behind the Mercedes road car on his way to the pit-lane for new tyres, Hamilton did not, overtaking it and going on to earn a drive-through penalty for his misdemeanour.

However, such did the race play out that the time lost by Hamilton through his unplanned extra pit visit was substantially less than that lost by Alonso whilst touring around at low-speed behind the safety car – a situation that the Spaniard has slated as 'manipulated' and unfair in perversely punishing the driver who 'respected the rules', in addition to leaving a 29-point gap between the duo in the chase for the crown...and the Oviedo native palpably aggrieved [see separate story – click here]. His British rival remains unrepentant.

“I think he is probably reacting emotionally,” the McLaren-Mercedes star and current 2010 world championship leader told the official F1 website. “It is all down to the point that you do the job that you have to do. I was told that I had to pit, I made the gap and I pushed as hard as I could.

“I pulled out some of the fastest laps and I was able to increase the gap from the guys behind – and I did my penalty. A drive-through is quite a long time – moving down the pit lane at 60km/h – and I came out still ahead of the others, so I don't think that this is unfair. This is racing and these are the rules.”

Despite confessing that he 'would have never expected to be so competitive' around the Valencia Street Circuit – with McLaren being the only one of the title-contending teams not to take any major upgrade to the race – Hamilton added that he was ultimately disappointed not to have been able to challenge for victory, what he had clearly stated to be his pre-weekend objective.

Still, he summarised, the performance has left him with considerable hope for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in just under a fortnight's time, when the Woking-based outfit will be bringing a significant package of updates to its MP4-25 as the 2008 F1 World Champion bids to repeat his sensational triumph of two years ago in front of his adoring partisan supporters.

“I had a little contact with Sebastian [Vettel] in the first corner,” the 25-year-old acknowledged, reflecting on his Spanish outing. “I went for the move and he closed the gap as much as he could. Unfortunately, I was going direct towards the kerbs – I hit the kerbs and was pushed down and we touched. Fortunately it didn't hamper him, but I did damage my front wing and had huge understeer.

“I then messed around with the controls and put the wing up as much as I could. I still had massive understeer, but I was able to hold the pace and when the safety car came out I came into the pits and was able to change the front wing and the tyres. It was probably one of our best pit-stops – and I needed a good pit-stop. From that moment on, it was really difficult to overtake – even the backmarkers are hard to overtake.

“To be honest, I was thinking of first place, and if I had not had the safety car issue I would have been up to pressuring Sebastian the whole way. Hopefully he would have had to back off due to reliability issues – that would have been my chance – but it did not happen.

“We would have never expected to be so competitive this weekend, though. The car was great and I am looking forward to the upcoming upgrades – I truly hope that they will be a step forward, so hopefully we are heading for a home grand prix stronger than we have been here. It is good to be leading in both championships, and I hope we will be able to give the British fans a good race weekend.”

Code: Select all

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161100/1/hamilton_i_think_alonso_was_reacting_emotionally.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
Alonso: Image

Omegablue
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Location: Heart is in Italy. Body in South Africa. Mind on another planet.

Post by Omegablue » 28 Jun 2010, 12:11

alex1369 wrote:and ur right what goes around comes around
Then Hamilton won't finish on the podium anymore? :thumbsup: Flag:##

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 28 Jun 2010, 12:13

Zack wrote: WTF! FiA & Stewards hunting down Schu
that's why I'm not sure if it's good to have ex-drivers assisting stewards in decisions. I really don't know who's idea was to push the red buttom right in front of schumy's face, but this (like the incident with alonso also) smells like someone has something to say/pay to him.

I'm really interested to see what happend there, cause the red light destroyed his first chance of a podium :<>:
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 28 Jun 2010, 12:21

eleanor wrote:
that's why I'm not sure if it's good to have ex-drivers assisting stewards in decisions. I really don't know who's idea was to push the red buttom right in front of schumy's face, but this (like the incident with alonso also) smells like someone has something to say/pay to him.

I'm really interested to see what happend there, cause the red light destroyed his first chance of a podium :<>:
isn't the pit light system automatic?

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 28 Jun 2010, 12:32

coup wrote:
eleanor wrote:

isn't the pit light system automatic?
It should have been ...but unfortunately in the sport where there is hardly any need of human element is simulated by irrational Whiting stewards co.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 28 Jun 2010, 12:49

eleanor wrote:

First podium? He's had many podiums something like 200 i believe :p

On a serious note, i doubt he would have had a chance for a podium, even if the light wasn't red he would have been out of the pits and been in something like 10th place.

And yes i agree with you that having ex-drivers assisting stewrds in decisions is a bad idea.