It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 19:14

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next

Who will win the 2010 Grand Prix du Canada?
Poll ended at 13 Jun 2010, 14:35
Mark Webber 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Jenson Button 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
Lewis Hamilton 40%  40%  [ 25 ]
Fernando Alonso 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Sebastian Vettel 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Robert Kubica 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Felipe Massa 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Nico Rosberg 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Michael Schumacher 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Adrian Sutil 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: Grand Prix du Canada 2010
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 17:53  
F1 Driver

This race is very tough on fuel consumption, if McLaren were saving fuel in Turkey then they'll be backing off the entire race in Montreal or will have to have a very heavy car in the beginning. That said I don't see Red Bull winning, their front end isn't as good as McLaren's and they only got away with Monaco because they had so much downforce. In Canada they can't do that, I expect the McLarens to lead the way.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 20:09  
F1 Driver

swca92 wrote:
This race is very tough on fuel consumption, if McLaren were saving fuel in Turkey then they'll be backing off the entire race in Montreal or will have to have a very heavy car in the beginning. That said I don't see Red Bull winning, their front end isn't as good as McLaren's and they only got away with Monaco because they had so much downforce. In Canada they can't do that, I expect the McLarens to lead the way.

Your predictions are always very good and you seem to know a lot about motorracing.

cheers for that :thumbsup:

btw: I hope you´re right. I´ve developed a serious dislike for Red Bull since Vettel is there.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 05:01  
F1 Driver

On sheer pace it wont happen, but Canada has a history of safety cars. If it happens this year this is the race. Ill put it down to Schui or Kubi. Now it will be a boring runaway race but heres to hoping for a mixup!

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 05:53  
Co-Admin

swca92 wrote:

+ Expect brake issues

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 08:31  
F1 Champion

Well the McLaren will have so much advantage of the straights, but there are weak in the slow corners.. So I'm not sure McLaren will dominate, because it's quite a stop-and-go circuit... ''hmm''

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 09:28  
F1 Driver

blizzard wrote:
swca92 wrote:

Your predictions are always very good and you seem to know a lot about motorracing.

cheers for that :thumbsup:

btw: I hope you´re right. I´ve developed a serious dislike for Red Bull since Vettel is there.

(Blushing with pride...) But yeah, the race is tough on brakes which could pose a problem for Red Bull, and tough on fuel consumption which poses problems for McLaren. Straight line speed isn't particularly important, but McLaren were better than Red Bull everywhere in Turkey except for turn 8, that makes me think they'll be fast in Canada. Kubica and Alonso could be a threat though, those two are fairly enigmatic and could be on the podium.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 11:05  
F1 Rookie

Schumacher could be on the podium as well. He won 7 times in Montreal, so I think it`s obvious that he beats his teammate. And if the cars works fine, a podium is definitly possible.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 12:11  
GP2 Driver

swca92 wrote:

I think you are right the McLarens can runaway with this race as it a low downforce circuit & their F-Duct is the best amongst all of them.Maybe in this race McLaren can break the quali streak of the Redbulls.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 12:14  
GP2 Driver

Eric_Cartman wrote:
Schumacher could be on the podium as well. He won 7 times in Montreal, so I think it`s obvious that he beats his teammate. And if the cars works fine, a podium is definitly possible.

Ofcourse he has loads of experience but I don't think Schumi an add another win to his tally in this season with this car unless Mr.Brawn has something special up his sleeves.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 12:20  
F1 Routinier

Yes, Schumacher definitely has the abilities to win in Montreal, and I think that Mercedes might not actually do too badly in a straight line, but McLaren will still likely be quickest in the traps, and the Red Bulls may still be dominant as well. However, as others have said, the high brake demands of this circuit may wreak havoc with Red Bull's brakes. If both Red Bulls finish the race, I say Mercedes can be the best of the rest in P5-6, but if the Red Bull's have to retire or have another coming together courtesy of Mr. Vettel, Mercedes could be on for a podium.

Ferrariman60
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 13:12  
F1 Champion

Eric_Cartman wrote:

That's not obvious, Rosberg likes Montreal as well. I can see him beating Schuey

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 15:47  
kart driver

Lewis Hamilton Flag:##
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 15:53  
GP2 Driver

Again Maccas and Red Bulls will lead the pack. After them comes Mercedes and Renault, next is Ferrari (Pathetic ain't it?).
Flag:## :thumbsup: Flag:##
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 16:33  
F1 Routinier

i will be surprised if Ferrari are 5th best, unless FI do better

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 16:51  
F1 Legend

RBR won't run F-duct in Montreal That's a good sign for Ferrari/McLaren fans !
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next