2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
Locked

Who will win the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 15 May 2010, 15:09

Jenson Button
4
9%
Fernando Alonso
6
13%
Sebastian Vettel
10
22%
Mark Webber
4
9%
Nico Rosberg
0
No votes
Lewis Hamilton
11
24%
Felipe Massa
1
2%
Robert Kubica
6
13%
Michael Schumacher
3
7%
Adrian Sutil
1
2%
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 46

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 16 May 2010, 15:32

Championship using 2003-2009 points system:
Vettel 32
Webber 30
Alonso 30
Button 27
Massa 24
Kubica 24
Hamilton 24
Rosberg 21

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 16 May 2010, 15:35

I heard McLaren, Mercedes and another team (forgot the name) want Michelin as the tyre supplier. But as Ferrari wants Pirelli I'm going to put my money on Pirelli, because it's Ferrari.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by sdutt » 16 May 2010, 15:36

Alonso was just caught napping there IMO, no penalty should be issued
Image
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 16 May 2010, 15:46

Image

User avatar
saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 971
Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Location: Temporary Dunya
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by saif » 16 May 2010, 15:51

Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

User avatar
harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 550
Joined: 18 May 2007, 21:30

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by harrisv48 » 16 May 2010, 16:00

Alonso have a quick sleep :p lol

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by sdutt » 16 May 2010, 16:02

Barrichello needs to be penalised for throwing his steering wheel on track IMO
Image
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 16 May 2010, 16:04

If the roles were reversed in the Karun-Jarno crash, do you reckon that Jarno would have gone all Brazil 2009 on Karun?

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by sdutt » 16 May 2010, 16:05

phil1993 wrote:If the roles were reversed in the Karun-Jarno crash, do you reckon that Jarno would have gone all Brazil 2009 on Karun?


i wouldnt have been surprised. Though Lotus is no Toyota, so perhaps not
Image
Image

User avatar
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 863
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 20:19
Location: Russian expat in UK

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Denorth » 16 May 2010, 16:11

sdutt wrote:Barrichello needs to be penalised for throwing his steering wheel on track IMO


If I understood Martin Brundle correctly there is a rule - to get out from the car asap and put the steering wheel back, otherwise - penalty

I am sure team is not happy with it - car was crashed but steering wheel was Ok and it costs around $100K to produce
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 462
Joined: 18 Mar 2008, 20:58

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 16 May 2010, 16:12

Denorth wrote:
sdutt wrote:Barrichello needs to be penalised for throwing his steering wheel on track IMO


If I understood Martin Brundle correctly there is a rule - to get out from the car asap and put the steering wheel back, otherwise - penalty

I am sure team is not happy with it - car was crashed but steering wheel was Ok and it costs around $100K to produce

Imagine it was Button or Hamilton, it will cost more than $100 k :lol:

User avatar
Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 863
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 20:19
Location: Russian expat in UK

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Denorth » 16 May 2010, 16:15

Mitsuro Sano wrote:
Denorth wrote:
sdutt wrote:Barrichello needs to be penalised for throwing his steering wheel on track IMO


If I understood Martin Brundle correctly there is a rule - to get out from the car asap and put the steering wheel back, otherwise - penalty

I am sure team is not happy with it - car was crashed but steering wheel was Ok and it costs around $100K to produce

Imagine it was Button or Hamilton, it will cost more than $100 k :lol:


They still can't find that diamond Christian Klien lost way back in 2004 driving Jaguar :lol:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

User avatar
saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 971
Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Location: Temporary Dunya
Contact:

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by saif » 16 May 2010, 16:35

FIA stewards have decided that Schumacher's pass is illegal and add 20 seconds to his time.
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

User avatar
The Immortal Dragon
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 257
Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:41

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by The Immortal Dragon » 16 May 2010, 16:45

Schumacher handed 20-second penalty

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, May 16th 2010, 16:37 GMT

Michael Schumacher has been handed a 20-second penalty for having overtaken Fernando Alonso on the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes GP driver passed Alonso just as the safety car had left the circuit on the final lap, and stewards deemed the race was still finishing under the safety car.

Under rule 40.13, which states that "if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking," Schumacher has been given a penalty.

The German, who had passed Alonso for sixth, drops down to 12th, meaning Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi's scores the final point for 10th.
2000 - San Marino (Friday)
2001 - San Marino (Saturday)
2003 - Italy (Sunday)
2008 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2009 - Great Britain (Friday)
2010 - Great Britain (Sunday)
2011 - Belgium (Sunday)
2012 - Germany (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 3936
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 10:50

Re: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 May 2010, 16:46

saif wrote:FIA stewards have decided that Schumacher's pass is illegal and add 20 seconds to his time.

Okay.. Lesson learned for everyone now. Rules are clear. Think that if someone else had the chance to pass they would've tried it as well.

Locked