It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 13:01

All times are UTC

do you think 1 tyre supplier is better than 2?
yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Tyre Switch
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 16:16  
F1 Rookie

Quote:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39300

Christijan Albers says that rookies like his Spyker team-mate Adrian Sutil and McLaren's sensation Lewis Hamilton have been boosted by Formula 1's switch to a single tyre supply in 2007.

The Dutch driver has been out-qualified by Sutil three times out of four so far this year, and believes that his more aggressive driving style is ill-suited to this year's harder Bridgestones.

"If you don't know what you had, you just learn how it is," Albers said.

"But if you come from last year, it's much harder.

"Adrian is doing a good job, he's a really quick driver, but also he didn't have to adapt to how it was.

"He couldn't expect something else like we had last year, because with last year's tyres it was really an F1 car, you turned in, you could push, it was really good to drive the car.

"It's good now also of course, but it's more difficult, and you see that.

"I think it's the same for Lewis."

Albers believes that some drivers at the sharp end of the field are in the same predicament.

"People who drive aggressively, like (Robert) Kubica or (Fernando) Alonso, and maybe also Kimi (Raikkonen), I think they are struggling like me," he said.

"You just have to try to adapt yourself as quickly as possible."

He says he is now getting to grips with the style required.

"We are improving all the time, the set-up as well as myself, and you see I'm coming closer," said Albers.

i think albers makes a good point here and it explains why kimi, fernando etc are having 'problems'

well i never liked the bridgestone monopoly ...i think teams should be able to choose what tyres they want to use... some teams can design well around one tyre but not so well around another (renault for example) so it's a bit unfair for those type of teams who have built good relationships with a particular tyre company

it will take a few races for kimi and fernando to learn the tyres so i think that's when they will begin to take lead of the championship...imo this isn't the year of felipe and lewis, it is kimi and fernando re-match :lol:

i miss michelin :(

Post subject: Re: Tyre Switch
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 17:42  
GP2 Driver

alex wrote:

i think albers makes a good point here and it explains why kimi, fernando etc are having 'problems'

it will take a few races for kimi and fernando to learn the tyres so i think that's when they will begin to take lead of the championship...imo this isn't the year of felipe and lewis, it is kimi and fernando re-match :lol:

I doubt it's going to be a straight Kimi-Alonso fight... It's clearly too soon to tell but there's no way Hamilton and Massa won't at least continue to score podiums...

It'll be more of a kimi-alonso-massa-hamilton fight... who knows maybe it'll even turn into a 1982 type season with seven (?) different winners and the championship being decided in the last race...

Maybe Sato will win a race and we'll get to hear the world's ugliest national anthem again. Remember when button won at the hungaroring? aaargh... let there never be a honda win again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 20:13  
Donator

It's true that Alonso and Kimi are struggling a bit to adapt to the new tyres, but clearly Albers cannot use this excuse to justify his bad races compared to Sutil... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 20:27  
GP2 Driver

these guys are professional racing drivers... how many different types of tires, cars and stuff have they been through in theirlife time, they should be able to jump in any car and after one or two test sessions get used to the damn thing!

albers stop moaning and get on with it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2007, 06:56  
Kart Champion

Busi wrote:
It's true that Alonso and Kimi are struggling a bit to adapt to the new tyres, but clearly Albers cannot use this excuse to justify his bad races compared to Sutil... :roll:

He has had better races than Sutil he has beat Sutil in 3 races out of 4 and only in the last one was catching him but got a drive through.
 Offline Profile