The Points fiasco!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
Busi
Donator
Donator
Posts: 292
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 20:55
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Post by Busi » 20 May 2007, 16:19

Consistency also has to be prized, and that's what's happening at the moment. Massa's won two GP's, alright but he didn't go better than 5th place in the two others, so the points system is fine I think
Image
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 505
Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Location: UK

Re: The Points fiasco!

Post by ntr » 20 May 2007, 17:39

Bobdredds wrote:Those who claimed that the FIA favoured Schumacher/Ferrari should take note however just how much they tried to do the opposite and these 4 races show just how far they went. In doing so they have completely devalued the top step of the podium.


what have the fia done against ferrari these four races?
i ferrari are not making legal cars (flexi floor) then they will be banned, it is like this for ferrari, it is like this for all teams

don't worry, the season is not over and ferrari has many chances, ferrari have won 3/4 races so far, i do not know why you should be angry/sad or anything
mm tofu

User avatar
Bobdredds
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:44

Re: The Points fiasco!

Post by Bobdredds » 20 May 2007, 17:52

alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:Those who claimed that the FIA favoured Schumacher/Ferrari should take note however just how much they tried to do the opposite and these 4 races show just how far they went. In doing so they have completely devalued the top step of the podium.


what have the fia done against ferrari these four races?
i ferrari are not making legal cars (flexi floor) then they will be banned, it is like this for ferrari, it is like this for all teams

don't worry, the season is not over and ferrari has many chances, ferrari have won 3/4 races so far, i do not know why you should be angry/sad or anything. Well they didnt ban McLarens front wing for a start.........Only joking.:) I am not angry or sad, I simply think that whoever wins the most races should be WDC within reason. For sure realibility and consistency are important..........as facets necessary to win but not to be the final goal. The aim is to race and win races. The best person has to be the winner of the most races, thats why its called racing and not consistinging or relyabilitying.:) To that end a win should be worth more. McLaren won 10 races in 2005 and came second, that is a travesty IMHO, 10 wins is a huge acchievement and they deserved the championship. Sure they blew a few engines but they tried harder and won more races and that is what its all about. In this case the unfairness of the system is affecting Ferrari but its the system thats at fault not the teams or drivers.

User avatar
theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 904
Joined: 26 Mar 2007, 21:50
Location: Lebanon
Contact:

Post by theo » 20 May 2007, 18:07

iceman1 wrote:Should the F1 award 1 point for the pole and 1 point for the fastest lap & 12 points instead of 10 for win ??


yep khodr, i agree to, cause smtg have to be done, we are gonna have a winner which hasnt one any race :P
GO KIMIIII....

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Post by iceman1 » 20 May 2007, 19:10

Should Lewis go on to win the championship by 2 points he would follow in Keke Rosberg who managed a championship winning season on one race win in 82!
I think its c**p
We're 4 races in and the top two consructor places are already sewn up, so much for helping the likes of Spyker, Toro Rosso etc to gain points.
Bernie, if you're reading, have a word!

User avatar
Bobdredds
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:44

Post by Bobdredds » 23 May 2007, 16:49

theo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Should the F1 award 1 point for the pole and 1 point for the fastest lap & 12 points instead of 10 for win ??


yep khodr, i agree to, cause smtg have to be done, we are gonna have a winner which hasnt one any race :P

How about if the winner gets fastest lap and pole he gets a point each but only the winner would get these. Then others could attack his fastest lap point in the race. Winning then has potentally 4 points clear but it would have to be worked for. Therefore a win with the triple whammy would have greatest meaning/score and the only option to runners up is to win.

Ciao Bob

User avatar
Bobdredds
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:44

Post by Bobdredds » 24 May 2007, 17:07

Bobdredds wrote:
theo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Should the F1 award 1 point for the pole and 1 point for the fastest lap & 12 points instead of 10 for win ??


yep khodr, i agree to, cause smtg have to be done, we are gonna have a winner which hasnt one any race :P

How about if the winner gets fastest lap and pole he gets a point each but only the winner would get these. Then others could attack his fastest lap point in the race. Winning then has potentally 4 points clear but it would have to be worked for. Therefore a win with the triple whammy would have greatest meaning/score and the only option to runners up is to win.

Ciao Bob

Also with pole worth a point some cars would run light to get that point causing some very interesting grids which has to be good right?

Ciao Bob

maruko
car driver
car driver
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 22:16

Post by maruko » 27 May 2007, 01:23

consistent driver its equally to an average driver and by this im not taking credit from hamilton performance but we all now this system is biased to help average than best, by now massa has been the best driver of the season with 2 wins but he´s not leading

IMO FIA must stop doing s*** like this cause were not in the same position of years ago when ferrari was so dominant, now we have balanced results

with new reglamentation of a point per fast lap and another per pole position, massa will undoubtly leading the WDC

User avatar
WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 246
Joined: 27 May 2007, 02:15
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by WDC » 27 May 2007, 03:16

i dont see it to be too much of an issue! because thats just the way things are nowadays... however, it is a bit like V8 supercars (aussie touring cars) where the champion at the end of the year only won twice.

this point system puts more pressure on reliability and means drivers would be content in finishing second and saving the engine and car rather than pushing for the win.

but this problem started as of 2003, i dont see there being any change!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

Image

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Post by donald29 » 29 May 2007, 10:49

In 2003 Raikkonen finished something like 2 points behind Schumacher. Raikkonen won 1 race that year, Schuey about 5 :evil: ! What they should do now is eother award 12 for the win or revert back to the old system for next season.

Post Reply