BMW, Leading the Middle Pack

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
bongkie
car driver
car driver

BMW, Leading the Middle Pack

Post by bongkie » 14 May 2007, 19:11

can bmw continue to lead the mid team despite their reliability problems?

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 14 May 2007, 21:39

Well, I don't see any other team posting good 'middle pack' times except for BMW. Renault perhaps.. For sake of the sport it would be nice to see another team close in on Ferrari and McLaren. It's amazing how Renault has slipped off the pace this year. Makes you wonder if Alonso was that big of a factor then. I would think the Ferrari powered Red Bull would be a little closer to the middle since they use the same power, but obviously engines alone don't make a car fast!!

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 14 May 2007, 22:05

Alonso is a big factor, but still fisico used to be good last year, this year no, so it;s 90 $ car and 10 % Alonso, anyway, BMW is the only 3rd team to be close to Ferrari and Mclaren, it's extremely hard to see another team coming to face them, we waited for weeks, we taught honda or renault would have done something, but nothing, so this means, this year, McLaren, FERRARI and BMW!
GO KIMIIII....

assadof1
car driver
car driver

Post by assadof1 » 21 May 2007, 08:09

i think bmw are more then a middle back right now as they are getting closer to ferrari and mclaren and i think we will see races this year when ferrari and mclaren trying to catch up with bmw.....

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 21 May 2007, 15:21

I think the BMW is the best of the rest right now... after Ferrari & McLaren...

but it's not just the car... the drivers are doing really well too... heidfeld raised his game with the new pressure from kubica... good thing Villenueve got the ax then.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 21 May 2007, 17:15

I think RBR (renault engine) are improving quite well, DC got 5th last time and at bahrain he was doing a great job (mark aswell) but of course both of them retired...but there are some issues with flexy wings lol :lol:

i think renault will get better though, heikki and giancarlo are trying hard despite the slow car, i hope they will beat bmw :evil: :D
mm tofu

assadof1
car driver
car driver

Post by assadof1 » 22 May 2007, 09:36

well i am not with u BANANAGP as i see the bmw team are giving there driver one of the best cars on the grid i am not saying that the drivers are bad but they are both are from the ebst on the grid but the car is going pretty well other then some reliability issues... but they are going in the right way till now and bmw for sure one of the strongest engine at the grid...... i think they need some work at the car and a bit of luck to take it to the top.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 22 May 2007, 15:31

assadof1 wrote:well i am not with u BANANAGP as i see the bmw team are giving there driver one of the best cars on the grid i am not saying that the drivers are bad but they are both are from the ebst on the grid but the car is going pretty well other then some reliability issues... but they are going in the right way till now and bmw for sure one of the strongest engine at the grid...... i think they need some work at the car and a bit of luck to take it to the top.
So who do you think would do a better job than heidfeld and kubica. Exclude the Ferrari and McLaren drivers...

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 23 May 2007, 10:14

BANANAGP wrote:
assadof1 wrote:well i am not with u BANANAGP as i see the bmw team are giving there driver one of the best cars on the grid i am not saying that the drivers are bad but they are both are from the ebst on the grid but the car is going pretty well other then some reliability issues... but they are going in the right way till now and bmw for sure one of the strongest engine at the grid...... i think they need some work at the car and a bit of luck to take it to the top.
So who do you think would do a better job than heidfeld and kubica. Exclude the Ferrari and McLaren drivers...
i would say Heidfeld, he seems more consistent, and he has much more f1 experience. he gets my vote.