It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 15:44

All times are UTC

Post subject: Do you wish F1 was more competitive?
PostPosted: 12 May 2007, 15:28  
kart driver

Seems like there are always 4 guys who are the fastest in the beginning of races and as the race progresses those 4 guys pull so far ahead of everyone else that you can predict who will be on the podium with a pretty good certainty. I just wish the whole race was as exciting as the first 5 laps.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2007, 19:09  
Kart Champion

The first one going in the first corner wins the races this season. So only the first 3 or 4 laps are exciting, then the pit stops, and then the final 2 laps where there can still be some fights for positions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2007, 15:25  
car driver

I agree with philyred79, the problem is the the strategy is almost the same for every team and pilot. And the cars are very consistent - I can bet in those 4 for winning every race for the rest of the year...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2007, 19:54  
car driver

PUSH TO PASS?
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2007, 20:26  
car driver

Look at how much the teams are spending ($500 mil ring a bell?). Do think they would have to spend that much if F1 was not as competitive as it is? I agree that a few top teams seem to run away with things, but that because they have the best car, driver, and team management set up in all of F1. F1 is about the cream rising to the top and it most certainly does. As far as racing action goes, racing is not all about passing. Next race watch the lines, the drivers hands, and the cars; all working together.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 18:38  
car driver

F1 is really competitive behind the front 4. Qualifying has become almost a lottery with almost the whole field within 2 seconds at indy. I like that but I would like to see much more opportunity for overtaking.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 18:45  
F1 Routinier

i think the correct one would be...."do you wish F1 was more exiting" OR "do you wish F1 was less boring" :D :D :D

i'm not saying that its boring but the reality is, at times it does become boring, especially if mclaren is not winning :D :D :D

and looking at the cars is simply fascinating and amazing, as well as the onboard shots.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 18:49  
Kart Champion

F1 is very competitive at the moment. Take Spyker they are ONLY 2.5secs off the pace but are last. If they were 2.5secs off the pace 10 years ago they would be in the top ten.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 21:42  
F1 Driver

I don't care if any team is winning the championship from an early stage, however, I would like to see more overtaking s in F1, and not just in the top places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 23:30  
GP2 Driver

Which sport scores more points, Football (The crazy European sport) or football (The crazy American sport)?

European football (Or soccer) is more popular internationally than American football but soccer scores fewer points and there is only one or two goals between the teams in the games. Soccer is an appreciation and more gentlemanly. There is a whole lot more strategy involved which makes it competitive off the field.

Formula 1 is the same. It's an appreciation of motor racing and gentlemanly too. The competition isn't on track, but rather with the engineers to create a package that goes super fast and is very reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 23:40  
car driver

They need to change that stupid tire rule. Let the team decide to run the hard or the soft compound so the set the car up one tire type not a happy medium. Why do they have to use both in the race anyway?????
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 02:43  
GP2 Driver

all awsome points... its true! F1 is probably the most competetive for a while!
last year, the exception but before then most seasons had been dominated!

i can think of only 2006, 2003 and 1997 in the last 10 years that have been as competetive.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 09:16  
F1 Rookie

When they bother to look down the field a bit and dare tear their eyes away from the front few there is some overtaking... But I think a lot of teams don't want a retirement so won't push their drivers because if enough people to retire they could get points...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 08:41  
car driver

I think that must be more teams and play qualifications on saturdays for can be race on sunday. For example 20 teams and 40 drivers and they must be qualified only 22 drivers for run on sunday. And i wish to return to manual gearbox, out of wheel to drive like early times, driving more manually. :cheesy:
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 09:35  
GP2 Driver

You need to have more suprises like in Canada we're Wurz was 3rd but that only happends in crazy races. But now its like Ferrari and Mclaren altough I think BMW is coming really close to Ferrari, than you have Renault, Redbull, Williams and Super Aguri and than you have Honda, Toro Rosso and Spyker so you have like these small groups but in the mid field its really exciting for points.