It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 03:19

All times are UTC

Post subject: F1 TV Covearge Thread
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 15:07  
F1 Rookie

Just a thread to talk about the TV coverage :P

Quote:
Former Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn says he has been unimpressed by Formula One's television coverage in Britain.

Brawn, currently on a sabbatical from Formula One, has not returned to the paddock since last year, and has instead watched the first three races of the season on television.

The Briton says he has been left frustrated by the experience, and admits he misses the amount of information he used to have available to him.

"It's definitely a new experience for me to watch it with a different perspective and also the quality of commentators on English TV," Brawn told Autosport magazine.

"I sympathise with you - it's a very frustrating business to watch F1 on British TV.

"We're used to having all the data and all the split times and we can see the race developing. What's clear when you watch it on the TV is that you don't get that information.

"Our commentators don't seem very good at conveying what is going on. It's very frustrating to watch a race and not have that information which is available to everyone at the track. So condolences for that."

Formula One in Britain is broadcast by ITV, whose line-up of commentators includes James Allen, Steve Ryder, and former Grand Prix drivers Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 17:08  
F1 Rookie

GO ROSS :D Tell the world how awful it is :lol:...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 18:39  
F1 Driver

British Tv is similar to Italian coverage I presume. For data, the closer you can get is the F1 Official live timing, which is great.

Italian TV give quite an Ok coverage, apart from being toooooooo biased in favour of you know who.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 16:16  
car driver

ITV' coverage isnt bad,Speedtv here in the US is the worst because they always dont show the qualyfiying and races in HD and they are bisaed towards NASCAR!
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: F1 TV Covearge Thread
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 03:40  
car driver

I think the commentary on Speed channel is good. I wish all the races were on Fox broadcast for the HD. Speed HD is not yet available in most places. Plus I don't like cable tv.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 08:53  
car driver

I hate channel 10 in Australia cause they always talk c**p and friggin Neill crompton pretends to know what he's talking about and talks as though hes best mates with all the drivers
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 11:06  
GP2 Driver

in australia... our very own race, we didnt get any press conference!
not even refered to.

i would like to know why... it cant be because of the news because all other sporting events have the news follow them whenever the event finishes!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 11:14  
car driver

maltafan wrote:
British Tv is similar to Italian coverage I presume. For data, the closer you can get is the F1 Official live timing, which is great.

Italian TV give quite an Ok coverage, apart from being toooooooo biased in favour of you know who.

That depends - do you watch RAI? Personally I passed to SKY, they have a full coverage and so much more - best F1 offer I've ever seen personally. The commentators aren't the best ones around, but sometimes they have Gabriele Tarquini, Marc Genè or Giancarlo Minardi, so there is some expert comment sometimes.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008, 12:12  
car driver

Is there a repeat of Melbourne race today?
 Offline Profile