2015 Formula One Discussion

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: 2015 Formula One Discussion

Post by tderias » 12 Mar 2015, 06:15

Sauber have had their appeal against van der Garde dismissed. Looks like we'll be seeing the Dutchman on the grid this weekend.

Not sure what the benefit for Giedo out of all this is, to be honest. Why would you race for a team that doesn't want you there?

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 12 Mar 2015, 15:17

tderias wrote:Sauber have had their appeal against van der Garde dismissed. Looks like we'll be seeing the Dutchman on the grid this weekend.

Not sure what the benefit for Giedo out of all this is, to be honest. Why would you race for a team that doesn't want you there?
Probably more about him screwing Sauber back than about him driving.

Im glad this happened. Teams had become oblivious and careless about contracts.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 18 Jul 2015, 15:32

Today, it has been announced that former Marussia driver Jules Bianchi has died as result of the injuries he sustained in his accident during the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix. May thoughts be with Jules, his family, and friends on this darkest of dark days.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jul 2015, 08:24

RIP Jules!

Final laps of the Monaco GP 2014. We'll miss you :(

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 10 Oct 2015, 22:21

Are we seeing the end of F1 for a few years?
I'm watching FP3 at Sochi and noticed how few sponsors there are on the cars today. The good marketing teams like Red Bull are plastered but what about Williams. Lotus, Sauber? It looks like sponsors are hard to find for what has become a totally boring and technically over-regulated sport for insiders.
That means that the major money that fuels the sport is from investors (god, what a money pit!), and Bernie (F~0~M) sharing the money via the constructor's table of winners.
Where does Bernie's money pot come from? Media rights money, fees from the venue owners, and where else?
From my TV vantage point the "show" is boring c**p and it looks like the empty stands show that the ticket buying public feels the same way.
Can F1 survive with a fan base that in Europe at least, is declining at an alarming rate? Or is it all about TV? I can't afford the hundreds of dollars I would need to spend in order to get access to the live coverage of the races. The looked for interest from the US market is not developing. Mexico is probably not going to survive more than a couple of years.
F1 was turned into an elitist club that is devouring itself with bizarre rules and regulations the control of which is in the hands of 4 teams. Those four teams are intent on excluding the others from really competing.
The engine fiasco that Red Bull precipitated might have serious consequences for F1 as a whole. The loss of Red Bull would not just mean 2 teams leaving. Red Bull spends more money than all the other teams on promoting the sport. That promotion is tied to the Red Bull drinks products but it is F1 cars that are the vehicle. (pun intended) In a typical F1 attitude, the analysis of this situation is all based on navel gazing by the media"analysts" who are for the most part sophomoric goofball has-beens, with a few exceptions.
All in all F1 is a tired brand that is desperate for a reason to stay around. Too complicated, too expensive, too loaded with insiders, too full of itself, and not enough competition among its participants.
As I have said before, this is probably my last year of being a real fan after nearly 50 years of following the once great sport.

militaryman17
car driver
car driver

Post by militaryman17 » 15 Oct 2015, 09:39

tbh F1 has become boring stupid rules that are too tight whic means teams struggle to catch up one team clear of the rest thanks to it.... motogp is far better the past few years

militaryman17
car driver
car driver

Post by militaryman17 » 15 Oct 2015, 09:41

tbh F1 has become boring stupid rules that are too tight whic means teams struggle to catch up one team clear of the rest thanks to it.... motogp is far better the past few years

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 20 Oct 2015, 16:29

mileso wrote:...
I could sign my name under this for every word you wrote.