Anyone planning on going to Austin, TX this year or been there before?
I'm planning to go with a few friends from North-East US (some of them are new F1 fans, but great sports... kinda excited to give them the best experience & turn them into lifetime F1 fans! ) and hence trying to scope out everything so we make the most of it! It coincides with the Halloween weekend, Texas 500, an exciting championship duel between the Merc drivers... couldn't pick a better time!
Now, I really need your help, especially from those who have been there in the past or planning again or currently live there, in figuring out the logistics & making sure we cover all the important events/parties & make the most out of Austin!
So, it's a clean slate... yet to buy tickets (thinking of general admission if everything else gets too pricey), air or accommodation.
So, any pointers from you guys please?? On things like...
- where is the best place to stay? I hear accommodation is crazy expensive
- what are the must-see events/places/parties downtown? Austin Fanfest?
- Is car rental necessary? Or do they run shuttles/public transport from downtown Austin to the track?
- any website/forum to follow for the upcoming events?
- does general admission offer good viewing or grandstands are worth better?
- must check out food places?
- best opportunities to meet the drivers?
- staying back on Sunday night is recommended for the after-parties?
I'm not sure on the US population on this forum, but any vague diary/experience from your previous trips to Austin would be greatly helpful. All I know for sure is we plan to arrive there Thu night/Fri morning & head back Sun night/Mon morning.
Thanks in advance,
This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
1 post • Page 1 of 1