The direction of F1

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Re: The direction of F1

Post by sermilan » 04 Nov 2014, 13:22

At least, the problem has been identified, which is always the first step to a solution... :zz:
Ecclestone said: "There is too much money being distributed badly - probably my fault."

6/10ths killer
car driver
car driver

Post by 6/10ths killer » 04 Nov 2014, 21:52

Too much damn money is taken by that hedge fund group CCV, which doesn't give anything back to the sport, all they just do is....... take, take, take.

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 15 Nov 2014, 11:51

This man has to go as soon as possible:
Bernie Ecclestone wrote:“I don’t know why people want to get to the so-called ‘young generation’.

“Why do they want to do that? Is it to sell them something? Most of these kids haven’t got any money. I’d rather get to the 70-year-old guy who’s got plenty of cash.

“So, there’s no point trying to reach these kids because they won’t buy any of the products here and if marketers are aiming at this audience, they maybe they should advertise with Disney.”
The older he gets the more self indulgent he is and the less he cares about the future of F1. If he thinks that future of F1 is with 70+ year old fans, then it is his time to go the funk away! Or it is mine to move along, leave F1 behind and continue with my life without it.

Plus calling teams "idiots" for not accepting his stupid double-points rule, which only benefits the luckier teams and not the hard working ones??? :blink:

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 07 Jan 2015, 09:09

An interesting view on new eligible rules for newcomers https://twitter.com/JaitkenRacer/status ... 49/photo/1
Also https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/5 ... 7609349121

Plus no equal rights for engine development... why the heck would they forbid Honda to develop, while letting others do? I really don't get this.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 08 Jan 2015, 01:01

Honda had enough time to develop while no one else did.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 08 Jan 2015, 18:36

Why is that so?

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 08 Jan 2015, 20:17

Well, if I'm not wrong, the engine development was frozen during the season, while Honda had time to create and engine and test it on the season end.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 11 Jan 2015, 11:08

Yeah, but other teams had years to build their engines and they tested it all year long during racing weekends. Now they know very well what to improve while Honda is at the start.
Still sounds unfair.

EDIT:
Here's an interesting article which resembles our discussion on this matter

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 20 Mar 2015, 19:06

Too much money involved, too many politics and boring stupid rules. Nothing against Merc domination, it s a F1 karma to have a dominant team, but everything except drivers skills, are sh!t today, i never thought about the end of F1, it was something impossible to happen, still, it has become so boring.... i don t even check the sport news anymore, hope F1 takes a diferent direction cause this course suxxx

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 29 Apr 2015, 06:33

Mark Webber on what needs changing in F1:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport ... 7326862813

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 13 Jun 2015, 15:52

The continue discussion started in this topic, here's an obvious and simple analysis:
Judging by the number of posts posted each year here in the Formula One Grand Prix Season section of the forum, one can clearly see where F1 is going these days. There has been 12.42 posts per race this year approximately and if this trend continues it'll be 236 in total by the end of the year. So here is what it looks like:

And I've never read that anyone has left this forum for being discontent by the forum admins or similar reason.

Thank you Bernie, thank you very much!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Jun 2015, 16:39

We just need to revive the forum again. Hopefully at the end of this season, will change the forum, use a better software and see how it goes. You can see that Facebook and Twitter killed the internet forums as well.

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 13 Jun 2015, 18:59

That's not it, Ice, there's not much of a discussion about F1 on FB, Twitter or else anyway.
We need to get rid of Bernie and bring new, young blood to revive the sport. It simply became too (excuse my language) f**k**g stupid and boring.

You guys have done a phenomenal job here on the forum. There are tons of priceless materials here.
However... when a driver such as Hamilton says in the race than he "can not drive any slower than this" after he's been called for the third time to "take care of the tires".... and that kind of situation happens in every race, you know something's wrong there. It's not the prestige any more, it's just business and it sucks.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 13 Jun 2015, 19:26

sermilan's chart is a very accurate reflection of how my interest in F1 has evolved over the years.

Facebook and Twitter have been around for ages. I don't think they're a factor - "social media" killed online forums long ago and F1Zone had held up (mostly) unscathed until 2014.

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 23 Jun 2015, 05:12

iceman1 wrote:We just need to revive the forum again. Hopefully at the end of this season, will change the forum, use a better software and see how it goes. You can see that Facebook and Twitter killed the internet forums as well.
Iceman, the numbers are declining because the product is debased to the point that people are going to something else. The "crowds" at the racing venues are way down partially from the cost, part from the ease of doing something else and part from the races being a bunch of technogab that no one cares about.
The changes over the last few years, mostly to disadvantage Red Bull, (yes my opinion), although I can't see any improvement in the cars or rules that make any other argument sensible.
We have races where the "excitement" is whether more than half the field will finish due to breakdowns, either software or mechanical.
The cars look like video games, with constant tweaks being made to a plethora of switches on the steering wheel.
The engines provide too much power at the wrong times and this is rationalized by saying it adds to skill set needed to drive the cars. BS.
The braking is completely out of sync with the power of the engines.
The cost, at over a million per engine, is ridiculous. How does this engine relate to or provide any trickle down to ordinary automobiles. That was the reason given for the change.
The FIA itself is rudderless and dickless. Bernie doesn't give a hoot anymore unless he gets more money.
Half the drivers don't belong in F1.
I watch the races about a day after. There is no anticipation, I just watch while I'm doing something else. The presentation on TV is mostly a bunch of blowhard has-beens that talk about the good old days, make up rumours then quote those rumours as fact a half hour later, and endlessly discuss why Lewis won or lost the previous race.
In a word, F1 is boring.