Aren't you tired to hear the news about Hamilton?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Aren't you tired to hear the news from Hamilton?

Poll ended at 24 May 2007, 14:54

yes
19
66%
no
10
34%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Post by jana7i » 30 Apr 2007, 14:39

Syckns wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:Hamilton is just a lucky Rokkie!!

thats not true, ham is a fast rokkie


Hello, how many Rookies had a teamboss for a super team as Ron Dennis when he started racing?

doesnt matter who ur boss is, if ur fast ur fast! half of the drivers on the grid wont be able to match hamilton if they were offered the Mclaren drive.
u guys just dont like hearing about hamilton in the news, yes its annoying but it doent mean he is lucky. dont mix facts with feelings guys
Image

User avatar
Syckns
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 140
Joined: 08 Mar 2007, 20:56

Post by Syckns » 30 Apr 2007, 14:53

I like Hamilton, he's a good driver, but i don't like to see him be better then Trulli :cry: But i love to see him be better then Alonso, i don't like Alonso. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 883
Joined: 31 Dec 2006, 15:56
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Post by Super Aguri » 30 Apr 2007, 20:04

I think Hamilton is a great driver. He has the talent and he showed it at the GP2 Race at Turkey I think. He spun the car by accident but came back up to 2nd place. (If I mix my facts up it is because I didn't watch that race :P ) The difference there was the racing was on British Eurosport and the BE commentary team does not include one James Allen etc.
Image

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 505
Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Location: UK

Post by ntr » 30 Apr 2007, 22:50

jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:Hamilton is just a lucky Rokkie!!

thats not true, ham is a fast rokkie


Hello, how many Rookies had a teamboss for a super team as Ron Dennis when he started racing?

doesnt matter who ur boss is, if ur fast ur fast! half of the drivers on the grid wont be able to match hamilton if they were offered the Mclaren drive.
u guys just dont like hearing about hamilton in the news, yes its annoying but it doent mean he is lucky. dont mix facts with feelings guys


i agree jana ;)

syckns, the point is not that lewis is only fast and getting podiums because he's in a mclaren, it doesn't matter what team lewis is in, but lewis is matching fernando and fernando knows that lewis is real competition, his toughest teammate for a long time ... you know, even if other rookies or current drivers were given the mclaren seat, they would never do as well as lewis is doing now...even felipe wouldn't match him...and we saw this at sepang when lewis drove very calmly and felipe was making mistakes all over...you would have thought that felipe was a goddam rookie not lewis!!
mm tofu

User avatar
theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 904
Joined: 26 Mar 2007, 21:50
Location: Lebanon
Contact:

Post by theo » 30 Apr 2007, 23:27

yep, hamilton has it in him, he is a good driver, for example, if you put ALBERS :roll: with mclaren, he'll still be 22nd ... hehehe just kidding nelmesy! :P :mrgreen: :cheesy: :D
GO KIMIIII....

User avatar
mschumi
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 19:10

Post by mschumi » 01 May 2007, 01:19

Frankly, im not tired, i'm uber tired of hering news and news and news and news and hmm, oh yeah, news about that guy. He is good, so?
I belive rosberg would've be the same as hamilton, havin a good car.
Image
GOGO Scuderia

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Post by Dark_Fisico » 01 May 2007, 07:29

alex wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:Hamilton is just a lucky Rokkie!!

thats not true, ham is a fast rokkie


Hello, how many Rookies had a teamboss for a super team as Ron Dennis when he started racing?

doesnt matter who ur boss is, if ur fast ur fast! half of the drivers on the grid wont be able to match hamilton if they were offered the Mclaren drive.
u guys just dont like hearing about hamilton in the news, yes its annoying but it doent mean he is lucky. dont mix facts with feelings guys


i agree jana ;)

syckns, the point is not that lewis is only fast and getting podiums because he's in a mclaren, it doesn't matter what team lewis is in, but lewis is matching fernando and fernando knows that lewis is real competition, his toughest teammate for a long time ... you know, even if other rookies or current drivers were given the mclaren seat, they would never do as well as lewis is doing now...even felipe wouldn't match him...and we saw this at sepang when lewis drove very calmly and felipe was making mistakes all over...you would have thought that felipe was a goddam rookie not lewis!!


I disagree there... Seeing what Anthony has managed to do in a Aguri and after knowing what Nico is like I think if you groomed them to enter a McLaren since they were in Karting then they would just be as good...

I have nothing against the guy you know he is a good driver I'm not taking anything away from him... But I like to see a little bit of fairness to the other Rookies and people are going to overlook the hard work the other Rookies are putting in just because one is in a good team and doing the best he can...

As for Massa its his driving style, has nothing to do with being a rookie, he just has a untidy driving style a bit like Heikki does... Unlike Hamitlon who has a very clean one...

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Post by jana7i » 01 May 2007, 10:47

Dark_Fisico wrote:
alex wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:
jana7i wrote:
Syckns wrote:Hamilton is just a lucky Rokkie!!

thats not true, ham is a fast rokkie


Hello, how many Rookies had a teamboss for a super team as Ron Dennis when he started racing?

doesnt matter who ur boss is, if ur fast ur fast! half of the drivers on the grid wont be able to match hamilton if they were offered the Mclaren drive.
u guys just dont like hearing about hamilton in the news, yes its annoying but it doent mean he is lucky. dont mix facts with feelings guys


i agree jana ;)

syckns, the point is not that lewis is only fast and getting podiums because he's in a mclaren, it doesn't matter what team lewis is in, but lewis is matching fernando and fernando knows that lewis is real competition, his toughest teammate for a long time ... you know, even if other rookies or current drivers were given the mclaren seat, they would never do as well as lewis is doing now...even felipe wouldn't match him...and we saw this at sepang when lewis drove very calmly and felipe was making mistakes all over...you would have thought that felipe was a goddam rookie not lewis!!


I disagree there... Seeing what Anthony has managed to do in a Aguri and after knowing what Nico is like I think if you groomed them to enter a McLaren since they were in Karting then they would just be as good...

I have nothing against the guy you know he is a good driver I'm not taking anything away from him... But I like to see a little bit of fairness to the other Rookies and people are going to overlook the hard work the other Rookies are putting in just because one is in a good team and doing the best he can...

As for Massa its his driving style, has nothing to do with being a rookie, he just has a untidy driving style a bit like Heikki does... Unlike Hamitlon who has a very clean one...


massa is still a rokkie (mentally), we saw this in Sepang, he was much faster than Ham, but he just couldnt handle it
Image

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 98
Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04

Post by phillyred79 » 12 May 2007, 15:22

Good rookies always are newsworthy. He's making history.

dolce
car driver
car driver
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Apr 2007, 11:59

Post by dolce » 12 May 2007, 19:12

Ok , the guy is a good driver, charming, nice, but his carreer has been built by R. Dennis ( money, relation...). Just Driving, tht's heaven

User avatar
Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 244
Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 16:15
Location: Oxford, England
Contact:

Post by Chubbs » 12 May 2007, 19:24

dolce wrote:Ok , the guy is a good driver, charming, nice, but his carreer has been built by R. Dennis ( money, relation...). Just Driving, tht's heaven


i dont understand what youre getting at? when u say BUT hi career has been built by R. Dennis what u mean by that?

8)
Image

hojsgaard
car driver
car driver
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 May 2007, 06:47

Post by hojsgaard » 13 May 2007, 06:57

Sure the kid is very good, I meen taking three podiums out of three possible in his debut season is more then great, it's fantastic. But what about the other drivers and teams, like Heidfeld in BMW. They have made a remarkable comeback in F1 in my oppinion.

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Post by Dark_Fisico » 13 May 2007, 08:05

For what you get on ITV coverage it is too much... I agree he is brilliant and I know he's making history... BUT everyone seems to be forgetting that for drivers that are meant to be doing really badly, and have really bad cars, and in relation to their team partners Fisico, Jarno, DC and Nicky are doing really well... Yeah it might not be a championship winning debut for any of them but for Fisico who is meant to be overrated and over the hill, he has finished in the points every race, and look at Jarno over Ralf...

I want to see what Lewis can do from the back of the grid... So far I haven't seen much from him apart from keeping people behind him, the true test of brilliance would be what he does from the back of the grid...

User avatar
FRFM00
car driver
car driver
Posts: 21
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 01:16

Post by FRFM00 » 13 May 2007, 14:20

Lewis is leading the driver's championship right now.
Image

User avatar
maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2360
Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Location: Malta
Contact:

Post by maltafan » 13 May 2007, 14:59

hojsgaard wrote:Sure the kid is very good, I meen taking three podiums out of three possible in his debut season is more then great, it's fantastic. But what about the other drivers and teams, like Heidfeld in BMW. They have made a remarkable comeback in F1 in my oppinion.
make it four out of four, and leading the championship after 4 races. Brilliant.
Image

Post Reply