Schumacher in 'critical condition' after skiing accident

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MJawad12
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Schumacher in 'critical condition' after skiing accident

Post by MJawad12 » 31 Dec 2013, 10:09

Doctors still cannot say Schumacher is out of danger.

"In intensive care things can go well or badly very quickly"
GET WELL SOON SCHUMI

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Dec 2013, 10:59

Interesting!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 31 Dec 2013, 13:29

They should name and shame this person as it ruins journalistic integrity.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/d ... CMP=twt_gu

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 31 Dec 2013, 14:09

iceman1 wrote:Interesting!
Kehm: Schumacher-accident not with high speed! Wanted to help fallen friend. Then drove over a rock, lost control and fell on another rock.
— Bianca Garloff (@bgarloff) December 31, 2013
Interesting indeed. You have to fall really unluckily to damage your helmet and head that seriously at a low speed. Also, I thought he was skiing with his son only...
On the other hand, it seems unbelievable that Schumi would cross an area that is so obviously filled with rocks:

I guess it just shows that journalist will either try to portrait him as a hero (someone trying to help a friend) or a reckless retired sportsman.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

KevC

Post by KevC » 31 Dec 2013, 14:14

Treacle wrote: On the other hand, it seems unbelievable that Schumi would cross an area that is so obviously filled with rocks:
It's obvious when you look at it from above and the opposite direction to the where the skiers are coming from.

If the snowfall and wind are from the opposite direction it might just look like small bumps in the snow.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 31 Dec 2013, 14:25

Kevin Clark wrote:
Treacle wrote: On the other hand, it seems unbelievable that Schumi would cross an area that is so obviously filled with rocks:
It's obvious when you look at it from above and the opposite direction to the where the skiers are coming from.

If the snowfall and wind are from the opposite direction it might just look like small bumps in the snow.
Even though this is really not the point - I mean the accident has happened and the circumstances hardly matter - I'd beg to differ. Once you get to the edge of the area you can see those are not simply small bumps, but big rocks. And I - as a skier - would be wary of the fact that it's not groomed. Usually there is a reason for that.
However, I agree with some other people that it wouldn't hurt to put up some orange nets to let people know in advance that it's not safe to ski there.

Anyways, it's good to hear that he is doing slightly better. Hopefully this will keep up and he will fully recover. I have hope that his story will end similarly to Daniel Albrecht's.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 31 Dec 2013, 14:49

Off-piste skiing is nothing unusual. Plus that photo is very misleading. The middle area is surrounded by red marker polls which indicate it is the edge of the piste. As you can see, there are ski tracks between the rocks so other skiers have been through there.

It is just unlucky. I've been stuck on ski lifts before when rescue helicopters have been sent to airlift an injured faller off the slopes. People can fall and hurt themselves anywhere at a ski resort. On-piste, off-piste, apres-ski... Schumi is a seasoned skier and knew the risks when he went off-piste. He's neither a hero nor a reckless retired sportsman. He's an everyday person who's suffered from a piece of wrong place wrong time, which is ironic given his time in F1.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Jan 2014, 09:54

Schumacher has remained stable overnight.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Jan 2014, 18:05

Illustration showing probable brain injuries suffered by Michael Schumacher.

MJawad12
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by MJawad12 » 02 Jan 2014, 16:52

Ferrari said that they will run a special tribute for Schumi tommorow in his 45th birthday . A great touch from Ferrari.
GET WELL SOON SCHUMI

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 03 Jan 2014, 10:58

Unfortunately he spends Birthday in Coma. I am 100% sure Schumacher will fully recover from this.

Few Fights..

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/we ... 9_37304059

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... tif_t=like

Cristiano Monteiro da Matta
Spoiler:
Collision with deer during test
On August 3, 2006 da Matta's car was involved in a collision with a deer that ran in front of him as he headed towards turn 6 during Champ Car open testing at Road America. He hit the deer with his right front tire, the deer then flew back and hit da Matta in the cockpit.[2] It is believed when the deer hit da Matta in the cockpit, he was knocked unconscious. He remained unconscious with his foot still on the brake when the safety crew arrived and extricated da Matta from the car.[3] Da Matta was then airlifted to Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah, Wisconsin, where he underwent surgery to remove a subdural hematoma.[4] Following the surgery, da Matta was placed in an induced coma, to allow for the swelling to subside.[5] As of August 7, da Matta was making "slow but steady progress", while the doctors were working on reducing da Matta's level of sedation.[6] This slow recovery was confirmed on August 9, as it was reported that da Matta was able to move "all of his extremities spontaneously as well as in response to physical stimulation".[7] On August 20, da Matta was transferred out of intensive care.[8] On August 30, da Matta was confirmed to have made steady progress, conversing in English and Portuguese, and walking short distances.[9] On 21 September 2006, da Matta was allowed to leave the hospital after having recovered better than expected.[10]
When the Champ Car World Series returned to race in the Grand Prix of Road America on September 24, da Matta gave the traditional command - "start your engines". Throughout the next couple of years, he engaged in a training and therapy regime while deciding his racing future.[11]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano ... uring_test
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

illno_sep
car driver
car driver

Post by illno_sep » 03 Jan 2014, 14:46

Happy Birthday Michael!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 08 Jan 2014, 10:14

Investigators say he was skiing on the left hand side of the piste, went off piste between 3-6 metres, hit a rock that was 8 metres from piste and struck his head on the rock.

Helmet provides clear footage and they've done a reconstruction, but they can't say how fast he was travelling.

MJawad12
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by MJawad12 » 17 Jan 2014, 15:54

Official update: "Michael's condition is still considered as stable," says his manager Sabine Kehm. #f1
GET WELL SOON SCHUMI

shumif1
car driver
car driver

Post by shumif1 » 31 Jan 2014, 00:07

Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher is gradually being brought out of his induced coma, his manager confirmed on Thursday.

“Michael's sedation is being reduced in order to allow the start of the waking up process which may take a long time,” read a statement released on behalf of the Schumacher family.

Schumacher, 45, has been kept in an induced coma in Grenoble's University Hospital in France since falling and hitting his head on a rock during a family ski trip in December.

"The family of Michael Schumacher is again requesting to respect its privacy and the medical secret, and to not disturb the doctors treating Michael in their work," added the statement.

"At the same time, the family wishes to express sincere appreciation for theworld wide sympathy."