rules ?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
shumif1
car driver
car driver

rules ?

Post by shumif1 » 24 Nov 2013, 22:26

Hello all ,,, new here
Ok rules are rules right ? We all agree that massa had gone over the white pit entry line and got a drive through, yes. Ok So what about vettel :huh: he went so much further over the pit entry line than massa and nothing. Yea end of race ,end of season but give him a 10 second penalty and he would of lost 1st place to webber by .4 of a second :thumbsup: . Oh by the way no im not a vettel fan, just a fan of rules.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: rules ?

Post by François » 24 Nov 2013, 22:45

Fan of rules? Do you go to races with an F.I.A. flag?

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 24 Nov 2013, 22:48

Massa was battling with Hamilton when he went over. The other drivers were alone and just got a warning.

shumif1
car driver
car driver

Post by shumif1 » 25 Nov 2013, 00:56

That's why rules are there , that is my point.

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 25 Nov 2013, 02:06

Vorull wrote:Massa was battling with Hamilton when he went over. The other drivers were alone and just got a warning.
That's what I understand also.
The other drivers were warned & didn't do it a 2nd time.
And it seems Massa did.
Sorry for Massa but he can't get special consideration just because its his home race or last race with Ferrari.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 25 Nov 2013, 05:08

Isn't the pitlane entry line in Monaco right across the middle of the track just before the last corner? We've seen cars cross that line for ages as they go two abreast trying to overtake before the start/finish straight, and no penalties have been given as far as I'm aware.

How an earth are you supposed to watch out for a white line, sitting so low in the car, on the absolute limit in terms of top speed, and overtaking another car? Ridiculous.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 25 Nov 2013, 07:50

I just want to say that if you're a "fan of rules" looking for consistency on the issue of track limits, then you've probably had quite a sad season. :p

At least it shouldn't be an issue at Interlagos next year, with the start/finish line and pitlane being moved to the back straight. Unless they design some other kind of silly pit entry, which I am sure they're capable of doing.

These rules just need clarification. Either it's allowed, or it's not. If it's not, then don't even allow it once: delete the lap times in P and Q if the driver leaves the track, and penalize straight away in the race. Or, at the very least, design a clear-cut warning system. If there is such a thing as a warning, then it should be made clear to everyone the same way we hear about investigations and penalties ("Warning for car #XX", etc.).

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 25 Nov 2013, 08:52

tderias wrote:Isn't the pitlane entry line in Monaco right across the middle of the track just before the last corner? We've seen cars cross that line for ages as they go two abreast trying to overtake before the start/finish straight, and no penalties have been given as far as I'm aware.

How an earth are you supposed to watch out for a white line, sitting so low in the car, on the absolute limit in terms of top speed, and overtaking another car? Ridiculous.
You missed the point. It's not about the pitlane entry line, you can cut it. However, the part where the pit lane entry line splits in two and separates the track from the pit lane is not allowed to cut.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 25 Nov 2013, 19:57

shumif1 wrote:That's why rules are there , that is my point.
Sorry but you're complaining about rules yet you're username...? There's an irony there somewhere.

KevC

Post by KevC » 25 Nov 2013, 21:11

Lots of drivers cut the single white line.
The problem with Massa is that he cut the wider hatched area. He was warned and then did it again. So he got a drive through.
This bit
http://goo.gl/maps/Spr3y

shumif1
car driver
car driver

Post by shumif1 » 26 Nov 2013, 00:02

good points from all thanks , yes i am a Schumacher fan kals. one more question ... you guys think it's the car or the driver, i think it's 90 % car 10 % driver, if you have a great car you can accomplish alot more than with a crapy car...yes ...no..?

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 26 Nov 2013, 22:35

So I'm confused as to the point of this thread. In the first post you reference Vettel as a case in point about rules being followed, then all of a sudden you switch to questioning how much influence a driver really has. Another reference to Vettel perhaps?

shumif1
car driver
car driver

Post by shumif1 » 26 Nov 2013, 23:51

not vettel, any driver

frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by frubbs » 29 Nov 2013, 12:13

shumif1 wrote:good points from all thanks , yes i am a Schumacher fan kals. one more question ... you guys think it's the car or the driver, i think it's 90 % car 10 % driver, if you have a great car you can accomplish alot more than with a crapy car...yes ...no..?

you can´t have a great car if you are a c**p driver.
The driver is one of the most important players in car development...
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 12 Nov 2014, 21:53

Bump for the topic, but I would like to talk about another rule, not the one this topic started with:

I'm reading about the "Safety car backmarker plan rejected'' issue, because backmarker cars unlapping themselves takes too long.
Even when the unlapping backmarkers rule was introduced, I thought that better solution was that if they were just do the drive-through the pitlane instead and thus just drop at the end of the grid. It's just more simple and more logical. No confusion with the number of laps as there would be with the proposed and rejected Safety car backmarker plan, no risk of contact when they overtake (as it is now) or "drop down" (as it was proposed), just give the signal to damn cars when to enter the pitlane, they fall at the back of the grid (where they belong), SC goes in the next lap and they all continue racing happily ever after.

Any thoughts on this?