What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2014, 14:25

Melbourne
4%
Kuala Lumpur
4%
Shanghai
No votes
Monte Carlo
8%
Montreal
No votes
Silverstone
4%
Nurburg
4%
Spa-Francorchamps
42%
Monza
13%
Marina Bay
4%
Suzuka
13%
Interlagos
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 24

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

Post by Vorull » 28 Apr 2014, 13:56

Bahrain is one of the least crappy new tracks. People seem to remember only the 2010 race and always forget that since then and even before we had exciting races.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Apr 2014, 14:04

Vorull wrote:Bahrain is one of the least crappy new tracks. People seem to remember only the 2010 race and always forget that since then and even before we had exciting races.
+1

Bahrain is great actually. Great facilities for the media and people. They have free shuttles from the Circuit to the hotels and airport.

I read that the circuit sold 31,000 tickets this year, double the amount of 2013.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Apr 2014, 15:57

I used to despise Bahrain when it first joined as the races were average and from a TV perspective it was bland. But they improved it and it's one of the best tracks now in my opinion, just because of making the place look better!

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 28 Apr 2014, 20:54

I have never liked Hungaroring, it was almost always a bland and boing race as I grew up. There were a couple of good ones (1989 and 1997) but more often than not nothing happened. Bahrain comes across as lifeless on TV. It always has and always will (to me). It's no better or worse than any of the other new tilke-tracks, it's just another formulaic layout... long straight, sharp corner, long straight, sharp corner, wiggly bit in the middle, medium speed curve, long straight...

Sepang was the last of the great new tracks. Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Turkey, China, I'm fine if F1 never went to any of those tracks ever again.

TGO
car driver
car driver

Post by TGO » 28 Apr 2014, 21:21

I wonder how some People judge good or bad Races. Is a Race good because there is a lot of Overtakin? Or is it bad because there was only a few overtakes? As i mentioned earlier, 1998 Race at Hungary was one of the best there in my Opinion on a dry Track. Was there much overtakin? No. But it was a great because of what Ferrari and Schumacher made. Im not really happy with all them technical goodies, like DRS and KERS. It makes overtaking to usual. Its nothing special anymore. I rather have a few good Overtaking manouvers then 50 easy ones because of the technic. Is a Soccer Game bad because there was just 1 winning goal?
And would Bahrain and co produce still good Races without DRS ad KERS and all that Stuff? I highly doubt it. Why i dont like Tracks like Bahrain, Turkey, Abu Dhabi? For me, they have no "Soul" ( dunno how else to describe it, its hard if your not english speakin by nature : ( ) they are way to synthesized. Spa, Canada, Suzuka, Melbourne and for me, even hungary are Tracks with their own Story, and their own Face. The New ones are just mixed Corners from Tilkes Desk, and not even good ones tbh. Thats my Opinion at least, and of course nobody needs to share it, but i just wanted to explain why i put a Track like hungary way before Bahrai or Abu Dhabi, even if those Circuits are improved and good looking.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 29 Apr 2014, 09:29

I kind of agree on that. The circuits you mentioned that have a 'story' have been there for ages, which is why they hold that prestigious status. But, given enough time, I think the likes of Bahrain and Malaysia will also become part of that group. They'll be hallmarked for their environments, hot deserts and tropical/monsoon weather respectively.

I think Bahrain's layout is quite good; for me India, Austin and Korea all look too similar, and are the more 'annoying' of the tilkedromes.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 29 Apr 2014, 12:31

To me there are no real similarities between India, Austin and Korea. The latter two are pretty good tracks but still with the formulaic elements. India is just bad from start to finish, lazy in fact. For example, turns 1-2 are almost exactly the same Turkey's turns 1-2 but just flipped over.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 29 Apr 2014, 19:48

Monaco for me. Im not talking about who of the celeberties will turn up.. i hate that part. Its always great to watch the cars there. I always for Monaco watch all sessions.
And i less then a month its back...
4 me its the highlight of the season.
Spa is also great, Monza too. But Monaco is there since the beginning..

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 02 May 2014, 14:52

I love Monaco, Monza, Silverstone, Spa, and Hungary, but, whenever I get a moment to fire up rFactor these days, I almost always go to Spa. Ergo, it must be my favorite. :)
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

Mattyboy
car driver
car driver

Post by Mattyboy » 23 Jun 2014, 10:17

I love Abu Dhabi. I think they have done an excellent job