Rumors of Red Bull using banned traction control

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rumors of Red Bull using banned traction control

Post by donald29 » 19 Jun 2013, 12:57

Yeah. Why would an Italian publication do such a thing?

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 19 Jun 2013, 14:20

phil1993 wrote:I honestly can't believe that Autosprint is running a story which suggests that Ferrari's main rivals are cheating.

I mean, what are the chances of that?
You're far too suspicious for your own good Phil.

mnmracer
kart driver
kart driver

Post by mnmracer » 19 Jun 2013, 14:59

Auto123.com wrote:Such tire marks cannot be the undisputed proof that Red Bull is using some sort of a traction control device.

In 1984-1985, the Michelin-shod F1 cars used to leave similar tire marks on the tarmac under powerful accelerations. Michelin’s Pierre Dupasquier explained at the time that the flexible sidewalls of the radial Michelin tire generated major tire deformation under extreme loads, producing these marks, as there were no traction control systems at the time.

This photo taken by WRI2.net last year shows similar tire marks, again caused by the deformation of the tire under acceleration.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Jun 2013, 17:04

mnmracer wrote:
Auto123.com wrote:Such tire marks cannot be the undisputed proof that Red Bull is using some sort of a traction control device.

In 1984-1985, the Michelin-shod F1 cars used to leave similar tire marks on the tarmac under powerful accelerations. Michelin’s Pierre Dupasquier explained at the time that the flexible sidewalls of the radial Michelin tire generated major tire deformation under extreme loads, producing these marks, as there were no traction control systems at the time.

This photo taken by WRI2.net last year shows similar tire marks, again caused by the deformation of the tire under acceleration.
interesting, though all cars would do that. However, I raise you one Sir Scarborough!

Yes it all looks strange, but easily explained as drivetrain oscillation and nothing illegal
TC would be night on impossible to have these days; its a Mclaren standard ECU for a start. Unless they can crack it which is highly doubtful, they will never be able to use TC. Though I do remember reading that you can use the KERS unit as a sort of TC under certain circumstance, but its not an actual TC so would be intelligent thinking and use of the KERS!

They aint cheating, they aint using a TC. It would be too impossible to hide.