AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2013, 17:11

reppo wrote:So, now Wolff is also a shareholder of Mercedes F1 team.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/mercedes-move-for-wolff-lauda-becomes-shareholder/17433/
Does he still own 16% of Williams or has he sold his shares?

Toto will be relinquishing his seat on the Company’s Board of Directors but will retain his shareholding.

User avatar
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1207
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 17:06
Location: Forochel

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by reppo » 21 Jan 2013, 17:46

iceman1 wrote:
reppo wrote:So, now Wolff is also a shareholder of Mercedes F1 team.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/mercedes-move-for-wolff-lauda-becomes-shareholder/17433/
Does he still own 16% of Williams or has he sold his shares?

Toto will be relinquishing his seat on the Company’s Board of Directors but will retain his shareholding.

I'm just wondering does he still own 16%. Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC is noted in Frankfurt Stock Exchange and anyone can sell or buy its shares. Wolff leaving Williams will surely lowers its stock price and even more if he has sold some of his shares. Or maybe he has sold some of his shares in IPO if he had them before it.

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by phil1993 » 21 Jan 2013, 17:52

Yes he retains his share.

Lewis at Mercedes
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:04

reppo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
reppo wrote:So, now Wolff is also a shareholder of Mercedes F1 team.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/mercedes-move-for-wolff-lauda-becomes-shareholder/17433/
Does he still own 16% of Williams or has he sold his shares?

Toto will be relinquishing his seat on the Company’s Board of Directors but will retain his shareholding.

I'm just wondering does he still own 16%. Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC is noted in Frankfurt Stock Exchange and anyone can sell or buy its shares. Wolff leaving Williams will surely lowers its stock price and even more if he has sold some of his shares. Or maybe he has sold some of his shares in IPO if he had them before it.

Or he can transfer them to his wife :p


User avatar
Edi96
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: 23 May 2008, 16:13
Location: Hannover

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by Edi96 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:39

Mercedes has signed Paddy Lowe.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:46

Edi96 wrote:Mercedes has signed Paddy Lowe.

They remind me of Manchester city :lol:

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by phil1993 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:51

That'd be a good signing. Presumably because of Lewis's presence?

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by donald29 » 21 Jan 2013, 21:24

So many senior staff.

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jan 2013, 21:30

phil1993 wrote:That'd be a good signing. Presumably because of Lewis's presence?

Wolff was taking him to Williams, but after he moved to Mercedes, he brought him there too.

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by donald29 » 22 Jan 2013, 10:19

That's a bit of an odd one. So he wanted to work for Toto Wolff rather than work for Williams? And presumably he had a specific role he was going to at Williams, is there are specific vacancy for him at Mercedes?

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by donald29 » 22 Jan 2013, 13:05


User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by mikhailv » 22 Jan 2013, 14:52

Just saw it on sky, Brawn being removed for Paddy Lowe to lead the team!?

If so, Ross, you always were better in Red.

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by donald29 » 22 Jan 2013, 14:53

Adam Cooper speculated Lauda had been making appointments without consulting Brawn. This has his fingerprints all over it.

User avatar
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4110
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 15:27
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by mikhailv » 22 Jan 2013, 14:57

Niki Lauda is a knob. He always has been when he isnt behind the steering wheel. The only bloke i wish James Hunt actually chinned, instead of marshall's. I feel lewis may start regretting his move come december.

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Re: AMG Mercedes | Lewis, Nico and the W04

Post by donald29 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:24

You have to wonder what Lewis is making of this. He said how much he respects Brawn, whose presence seemed to be a factor in Mercedes' favour. He gets to Mercedes, and Brawn is possibly replaced by Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe, a senior figure at McLaren the team Lewis was leaving to try something new!

Post Reply