It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 21:58

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Formula One Discussion
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 08:26  
F1 Routinier

Funny hearing about Vettels car. I remember people saying Traction Control in Canada. His car sounds like off-throttle blowing in that video on your article Phil.

Funnily enough, like people have been saying; No other Renau engine, including Webbers; sound anything like it.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 08:34  

99% of articles under 'editor' aren't mine :p

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 09:33  
F1 Routinier

F1zone article, Ill just call it yours as its on your website XD
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 15:24  
GP2 Driver

mikhailv wrote:
Funny hearing about Vettels car. I remember people saying Traction Control in Canada. His car sounds like off-throttle blowing in that video on your article Phil.

Funnily enough, like people have been saying; No other Renau engine, including Webbers; sound anything like it.
Does anyone really believe that an old man - even if he is a former team principal - from the VIP section could see and hear things that would incriminate Red Bull? I mean the top team hire people to spy on their competitors... And no team has raised the sound of the engine as a concern. Why? I don't buy that they think it's irrelevant since RB won't be punished either way.

I read that several race drivers claimed that 50 metres is impossible. In a race even a metre or two could be crucial. 50 metres is such a huge gap that doesn't exist even between the Red Bull and the Marussia... So I'd take what Minardi said with a hint of salt.
The sound in the Red Bulls have always been different. And if you check it out, the sound changes when he shifts down instead of accelerating, so it's most likely not a traction control thing....
And the tyre marks were left by Mark's car, and similar marks were made by Rosberg's Mercedes and a Force India. I think it has something to do with the pitching of the tyre sidewalls and the driveline oscillations under high torque...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 17:57  
F1 Routinier

Well he isn't the first person to mention it.

On a side note, if Ferrari secure 2nd in constructors, then to me it would be hilarious considering Mercedes have a better line up and to me, they've had a better car.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 18:32  
F1 Routinier

Hmmm one guy claiming he can hear traction control, where have I heard that before? :p

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 22:14  
F1 Routinier

donald29 wrote:
Hmmm one guy claiming he can hear traction control, where have I heard that before? :p

Minardi to have broken steering column?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:46  
F1 Routinier

lol. Didnt realise this to be honest;

Im going with KERS in Japan. He hasn't had that for a few month. Place your bets folks!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 15:59  
F1 Routinier

Lol it's not been a great season for him. He's had some bad luck, but he's made some mistakes too. Look at the qualifying score line with Vettel then talk about luck.

People talk about Webber's whole career being unlucky, but at the end of the day he had the opportunity to be world champion and he didn't take it. The biggest moment of his career in 2010 and he blew it himself.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 19:54  
F1 Routinier

I think his shoulder cost him 2010 just asmuch as RBR purposely sacrificing him for Vettel in Abu Dhabi.

then he broke his leg ontop of hating EBD.... game over. Funny thing is, bad webber has been better than bad hamilton and better button.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 21:01  
GP2 Driver

:lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 21:02  
F1 Rookie

mikhailv wrote:
Funny thing is, bad webber has been better than bad hamilton and better button.

What do you mean by this?

And also, what his shoulder issue in 2010? My memory is a little hazy. And I thought Webber broke his leg prior to 2009 season?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 22:15  
F1 Routinier

Broke his shoulder before Korea.

Bad season for Webber still saw him beat atleast a Mclaren and Ferrari. 2011 he wasnt great but still beat Hamilton and Alonso (just). 2010 he beat the Mclarens.

Funny thing is, there would only be 2012 where Webber wouldnt have won the WDC if he had anyone but Alonso or Lewis or Vettel.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 09:49  
F1 Routinier

Wow, Alonso is really delusional.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110439

His view of the past two seasons seems to be based on Vettel's and Red Bull's performances in the last part of the season, forgetting how quick his car was earlier in the season. And as for the 'over performance' in Spa and Monza, bulls**. The Ferrari was the second quickest car and he finished 2nd. No miracle there.

Over the course of the season can the Ferrari be said to have been significantly worse than the Mercedes or the Lotus? I don't think so.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 10:05  
F1 Routinier

He's not wrong though or delusional really. The Ferrari was only truly fast in the first 5 races where he made a mistake and then the DRS failed and he took 2 wins. That coincides with how they designed the car around the tyres. Its not bulls** that they overperformed in Spa or Monza either. It was Alonso who made the difference in the car compared to Massa, but it was others underperforming who let him get 2nd. The car and driver played to their strengths while the others faltered. Just because Hulk finished 5th in Korea didn't make his car 3rd best on the day, he just set it up and took advantage of its strengths. Just because Alonso finished 2nd in Monza didn't mean his car was 2nd best, he just did the better job and extracted consistency from it.

Thats the only reason he is 2nd in the championship; Webber isn't doing a good job, Rosberg drops the ball all to often and then when he doesnt he has a failure, lewis is on it more often than not, but something happens and when the car is fine he isn't always on the ball.

Its hard to point out the 2nd best car. Ferrari's disadvantage on Saturday is overcome by Alonso's amazing starts and racecraft on a sunday. Mercedes' advantage on a Saturday is often washed away by errors, faults and problems. If the Merc guys didnt encounter so many unforced errors and problems, Hamilton would be well ahead of Kimi and almost ontop of Alonso in the standings. Its the curious case of Mercedes' split personality.

Lotus id say has also been the better car through the whole year compared to the Ferrari upto yet but to be frank its drivers have let them down too much.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 111  Next