It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 03:33

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Formula One Discussion
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 07:34  
GP2 Driver

Mateschitz might buy Nurburgring...
http://grandprix247.com/2013/07/08/mate ... -interest/

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 10:15  
PL Manager

Seeing what he's done with Red Bull, I hope he does.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 10:49  
GP2 Driver

Instead of the hard and medium compounds, Pirelli will bring medium and soft to the Hungarian GP.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 11:56  
F1 Routinier

Treacle wrote:
Instead of the hard and medium compounds, Pirelli will bring medium and soft to the Hungarian GP.

Makes sense, seeing as the compounds are now harder, which means that its still what, medium/hard compounds on par with this year correct?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 18:01  
GP2 Driver

mikhailv wrote:
Makes sense, seeing as the compounds are now harder, which means that its still what, medium/hard compounds on par with this year correct?

I'll pretend that this is a rhetorical question. :lol:

On another note, I found some interesting statistics (courtesy of F1Hirek):
Forgive me for the Hungarian text... (The text in red says "Average incidents per GPs)"
So this table shows the technical errors, the slippings and the crashes per GPs in the aforementioned years. While there is a lot less technical errors and slippings (that result in DNF), the number of crashes increased.
The writer of the article claims that the drivers make less errors because they are not performing at their best. They have to look after the Pirellis so much, that neither the cars, nor the drivers push the boundaries anymore...

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 15:32  
F1 Routinier

Not really rhetorical. They changed two compounds from last year and kept two from last year. Im trying to remember which way it was; Wasnt it a brand new supersoft with the medium/hard becoming the soft/medium or something like that? They deffinitely kept two tyres but downgraded them.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 09:28  
car driver

tderias wrote:
Seeing what he's done with Red Bull, I hope he does.

Seeing what Red Bull really is, i hope he does not.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 14:00  
Kart Champion

I'm not sure if this has been posted in the forum yet (apologies if it has!), but Adam Parr (ex-Williams) has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the 2nd printing of his book: The Art of War, Five Years in Formula One. For as little as £10, you can support the project & you'll get a copy of the book (if campaign reaches the goal). More details here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/738 ... -second-ed

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2013, 14:33  
PL Manager

geewhiz14 wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted in the forum yet (apologies if it has!), but Adam Parr (ex-Williams) has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the 2nd printing of his book: The Art of War, Five Years in Formula One. For as little as £10, you can support the project & you'll get a copy of the book (if campaign reaches the goal). More details here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/738 ... -second-ed

Thanks for the link. Quite interesting.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 15:59  
F1 Routinier

lol! Mercedes will be given the tyre test data by Pirelli. So what was the point in banning them from participating? Utter load of bollocks from this pathetically ran sport.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 15:46  
GP2 Driver

Well, if Mr. Ecclestone gets convicted, then we can say goodbye to the Hungaroring... And I'm not sure how to feel about that.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 17:17  
car driver

Treacle wrote:
Well, if Mr. Ecclestone gets convicted, then we can say goodbye to the Hungaroring... And I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I rather sacrifice the hungaroring then to still have that old, senile, demented Monkey who does nothing else but pump $ into Ferrari and Red Bull while the smaller Teams need to fight for survival. Ofc, Mr. B has done a lot for Formula 1, but he also killed alot, and giving Advantages to teams like ferrari... well, i wont miss B. Ecclestone tbh.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 17:34  
GP2 Driver

I can totally see your point, and I agree that Bernie's time is up...
But as a Hungarian I'd miss the Hungaroring. However, no one in their right mind would keep the track in its current condition... except Ecclestone. This circuit needs some serious changes, not just touch-ups that conceal the problems. However, Hungary doesn't have the money to build a new racing line and develop the infrastructure. Since the Hungaroring is only used a couple times a year, it doesn't make any profit... On the contrary.

It hosted a race every year since 1986, so it's kinda a traditional circuit... Also, it held the first GP behind the Iron Curtain.
All in all, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hungaroring would be cut from the calendar. But I would still miss it.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2013, 17:44  
GP2 Driver

It's the public prosecution department of Munich in Bavaria. They're known for their harsh and rigid treatment against suspects. Good luck on this one, Ecclestone.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 13:05  
GP2 Driver

Felipe looks a shadow of the driver that we saw from 2006 to 2009. He's had a life-threatening injury and then in his comeback phase had a teammate take away any say in the team he had before.
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 111  Next