The future of Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: The future of Lewis Hamilton

Post by tderias » 29 Sep 2012, 15:09

Thank you donald for that article. Quite a different insight and perspective to this week's news, and I really do hope to see DC's words come true, and Hamilton builds success around him.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2012, 17:15

I have mix feelings on this. Can Mercedes give Lewis winning car? Personally, i think Mclaren would have given him more chance of WDC. Mclaren has greatly supported Lewis at early stages of his career. Although that shouldn't be something to hold his personal growth. In a way it is good, no longer attached with 'parent' team he will explore new world and fresh challenges . Again, question is if Mercedes is the right team for that....
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 29 Sep 2012, 20:07

phil1993 wrote:That's my point though. It isn't just statistics. The majority of fans see Senna as better than Schumacher. Well Senna has less than half of the wins and titles of Schumacher.

Is Prost better than Senna? Statistically yes. Many think not.

Is Jacques Villeneuve better than Gilles Villeneuve? No!
And yet Phil, you and many others who post here, (and hugely overpaid pundits in the media) claim to be able to forecast poles and podium placements based on statistics from years past when the cars were massively different, the rules were from another planet and money was not the sole reason for strapping on 700 horsepower and hurtling round a narrow bit of tarmac.
It is a frequent complaint of mine when I see comparisons from years past to present situations.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2012, 20:11

I don't get your point? I don't look at statistics and just think that X driver is better as he has more wins...

You can only make predictions based on the current season, current cars and occasionally if a driver has excelled at a said circuit in the past (such as Vettel in Singapore or Lewis in Montreal)

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 30 Sep 2012, 08:31

I personally can't understand why Mercedes didn't extend Schumacher's contract and engage Hamilton. Yes, Hamilton will be faster than Schumacher. But the main problem of Mercedes is still the car and not the drivers. So they still won't fight for the championship if they can't improve their vehicle. And it also shows that Mercedes has no confidence in Rosberg that they have to sign Hamilton to win races for Mercedes.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Sep 2012, 10:30

Niki Lauda has been speaking about the implications of Lewis's move
http://www.f1zone.net/news/lauda-hamilt ... ver/15956/

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 Sep 2012, 11:45

Only a few weeks ago He was saying the same things about Alonso.

Lauda is a d**k to be frank. Ever since he stepped out the car he has been worse than Jackie Stewart for praising whoever is at the top then changing the tune when someone pays him to. let alone trying to take some credit for signing lewis with the whole 'Youll get more credit for succeeding where a 43 year old has been in a poor car hasnt'.

Cant take him seriously at all. Feel sorry for lewis having Lauda on his side!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 30 Sep 2012, 11:53

Last year he said Hamilton is dangerous and is going to kill someone...

Remember when whilst at Jaguar he said the modern cars were easy to drive and anyone could do it? He stepped into one himself and spun twice in the first three laps. :lol: No shame in that in your 50s having not driven in F1 for 20 years but he looked like a bit of a tit after what he'd said... Had to backtrack a bit!

http://www.atlasf1.com/news/2002/jan/re ... 6215/.html

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 Sep 2012, 11:58

I respect his achievements in driving, but my god he's an ar****le and a half.

I like the jaguar though. Ive got a conversion coming of Fernando Alonso's Jaguar test in 1:18. 28th Fernando Alonso car :D

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 30 Sep 2012, 12:05

Nice! That'll be a rarity!
Off-Topic: show
I have this on my wishlist, need to justify spending £100 on it though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-Schumacher- ... 433wt_1271

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 Sep 2012, 14:09

donald29 wrote:Nice! That'll be a rarity!
I have this on my wishlist, need to justify spending £100 on it though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-Schumacher- ... 433wt_1271
Yeah! cant wait to get it. But back on lewis, I think this will be a good growing period.
CK are brilliantly cheap, if you wait probably a month or so, the 1:43 set will be much cheaper! I have a compulsion for Alonso Models. Got every one ever released and a few conversions. I also happen to have 16 Jenson Button models too in my cabinet so its an Alonso/Button cabinet. Theres 6 models missing from this picture like;

heres the Jaguar;

And £100 is nothing, I spent £180 on this proffessional conversion of the MP4-21 Alonso test car;

ImageImageImage

And £100 on a shark livery r25;

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 30 Sep 2012, 14:36

mikhailv wrote:Only a few weeks ago He was saying the same things about Alonso.
yes. And in 2011 he said that Vettel is the best driver.
mikhailv wrote:
CK are brilliantly cheap, if you wait probably a month or so, the 1:43 set will be much cheaper! I have a compulsion for Alonso Models. Got every one ever released and a few conversions. I also happen to have 16 Jenson Button models too in my cabinet so its an Alonso/Button cabinet. Theres 6 models missing from this picture like;

heres the Jaguar;

And £100 is nothing, I spent £180 on this proffessional conversion of the MP4-21 Alonso test car;

ImageImageImage

And £100 on a shark livery r25;

nice collection Mikhailv!
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Sep 2012, 14:38

Alonso > Vettel/Hamilton

That's my opinion anyway. I believe Alonso is slightly better than Lewis and Seb, who I rate as similarly excellent racing drivers with different positive and negative qualities.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 Sep 2012, 14:58

phil1993 wrote:Alonso > Vettel/Hamilton

That's my opinion anyway. I believe Alonso is slightly better than Lewis and Seb, who I rate as similarly excellent racing drivers with different positive and negative qualities.
personally;

Alonso is very fast over a single lap, and is able to maximise the car every lap possible in the race in a relentless pace and consistency, along with having the ability to read races, make decisions in the cockpit and think throughout a race.

Hamilton/Vettel are the fastest over a single lap. When leading from the front Vettel is dominant, just like Lewis. Lewis can fight through the field much better than Sebastien can. Both I believe, get flustered in the cockpit at times; vettel crying for the team to do something so he can get past the car ahead (cant remember, was it button?) is just ridiculous. Vettel to me likes to rely more on strategy and jumping in the pits cars of equal or just a lil bit below his own. Lewis is over defensive at times and like Vettel doesnt always think of the long game or knows when to surrender.

But, I think when you get Alonso at his peak compared with when Vettel and Lewis, I think all 3 will eventually be inseperable SHOULD Hamilton and Vettel be able to find the same level of consistency and cool headedness in the car along with the ability to read races.

But I see Hamilton and Vettel as the senna category; very fast over a lap and trys to use agressive driving and aggressive pace constantly through the race which can lead to inconsistency and collision. Alonso and Button ill add, are the thinking mans, very fast strategical racers, speed over 2 hours not over a lap. I also think they are better at looking after their cars as well. Though, I wouldnt say Button is very good at overtaking.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Sep 2012, 15:53

That's one of the main thing - age. It doesn't apply to every driver but I believe drivers are at their best in their early 30s - like Alonso is.