The future of Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: The future of Lewis Hamilton

Post by iceman1 » 28 Sep 2012, 07:52

donald29 wrote:How did I not know that Simon Fuller was behind Honda's Earth Car until now?
Because it sucked? :::

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Sep 2012, 07:56

phil1993 wrote:That explains a lot actually! :p

Also Khodr, going to need you to update Twitter when confirmation. Luck has it that I will be out in around 45 minutes time for an hour or so :p
Don't worry, I prepared the photo already :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2012, 07:58

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES CONFIRMS MULTI-YEAR DEAL WITH SERGIO PEREZ

- 22-year-old Mexican joins 2009 world champion Jenson Button

- Perfect blend of youth and experience

- Team praises youngster’s "giant-killing" performances and thrilling potential

- Perez: “It's a very big step in my career, but I'm ready for it”

WOKING, SURREY, UK – 28 September 2012 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is delighted to announce that it has signed 22-year-old Mexican Sergio Perez to a multi-year deal from the start of the 2013 season.

In just two short years, Sergio has made a stunning impression on Formula 1, taking a string of hugely impressive giant-killing podium finishes while combining a deft turn of speed with considerable maturity, and showcasing the potential ability to become one of the biggest stars in global motorsport.

Sergio’s new deal means that he will begin a driving partnership with 2009 world champion Jenson Button. The Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team’s new driver line-up offers the perfect blend of youth and experience – a combination from which both sides of the garage will be set to benefit.

While Sergio’s career with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes will begin in earnest in Melbourne next year, his future team remains absolutely committed to fighting for, and providing every opportunity to both Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton to contest, the 2012 drivers’ and constructors’ world championships.

Sergio Perez said:

“I’m thrilled and delighted to have become a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver. The McLaren name is one of the greatest in the history of Formula 1. For more than 40 years McLaren has been a team that every racing driver has aspired to drive for – I was brought up on the great stories of Ayrton Senna's many world championship triumphs for McLaren – and I'm truly honoured that they've chosen me to partner Jenson from 2013 onwards.

“I've spent the 2012 season working very hard to demonstrate my potential, but I've always remained humble and focused. I am, and always will be, extremely grateful to Peter [Sauber] and everybody at the Sauber Formula 1 team for their belief in me, and for giving me the chance to race in Formula 1.

“In fact, they gave me the perfect opportunity to demonstrate what I can do – and I'm now equally grateful to Martin [Whitmarsh] and everyone at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes for giving me the chance to take this next very big step in my career.

“I'm under no illusion that it is indeed a very big step – as it would be for any driver – but I'm ready for it. So, while I'm still fully focused on doing my best for Sauber for the remainder of this season, I'm already massively looking forward to working with everyone at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and with Jenson, who's someone I’ve long admired as a brilliant driver and a great champion.

“I'd like to thank Carlos Slim Jr, who has helped me since I was 14 years old, without whom I wouldn't be where I am today. Our journey together over the past eight years has been an incredible one, and I'll do everything in my power to deliver with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes the results that he and I have been working so hard and so long to achieve together.

“As I say, I've worked very hard to get to this stage in my career, and I'm now massively looking forward to this next even more exciting stage. It's fantastic that all the sacrifices I've made are now paying off. For example, I remember very clearly the first day I left my family, when I was 15, to live in Germany to race in Formula BMW. It was tough for me - I was sleeping in a restaurant at that time - but the dream of one day becoming a Formula 1 driver kept me going through those difficult days.

“Finally, I'd like to thank my beloved family, who've encouraged me at every turn, and last but far from least the people of Mexico, my home country, whose magnificent support I'll do my very best to reward with future successes with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.”

Martin Whitmarsh (Team Principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes) said:

“On behalf of everyone at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, I’m delighted to welcome Sergio on board. His performances throughout 2012 have convinced us that he's an extremely exciting prospect for the future.

“It was a string of giant-killing performances, a trio of podiums and a brilliant fastest lap in this year’s Monaco Grand Prix that showed us that Sergio lacks nothing in terms of speed and commitment. We've been monitoring his progress carefully for some months - and, now that he's become part of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team, our task will be to refine and develop his abilities as his career progresses over the coming years.

“Uniting Sergio alongside Jenson will give us a very broad base of driver ability. Jenson is one of motorsport’s greatest ambassadors, and his unique blend of prodigious speed and canny race-craft makes him formidably well-armed to fight for victory on any grand prix circuit in the world. While Sergio is still developing his palette of skills, we're convinced that he's not only talented and quick, but also that he's willing and eager to learn.

“He's perfectly poised to develop into a world championship challenger. His addition to the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team provides us with the perfect two-pronged driver line-up for the new season.

“Finally, it's entirely appropriate that I should take this opportunity to pass on our thanks to Lewis [Hamilton]. He wrote a huge chapter of his life and career with us, and was, and always will be, a fine member of an exclusive club: the McLaren world champions' club.

“It goes without saying that we all wish him well for the future, just as it also goes without saying that we hope and believe that Sergio, too, will become a member of that exclusive club before too long.”

Morten Lundal (Group Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone) said:

“On behalf of all at Vodafone, I'd like to say how pleased we are that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has signed Sergio to a multi-year deal. We look forward to enjoying success with Sergio and McLaren.”

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 28 Sep 2012, 07:59

I love days like these where the internet melts down. :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2012, 08:19

And McLaren beat Lewis to the announcement.

Oh, and HRT sent out their Japan preview.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 28 Sep 2012, 08:23

phil1993 wrote:
Oh, and HRT sent out their Japan preview.
:lol: Great timing.

F1Fan88
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1Fan88 » 28 Sep 2012, 08:34

I must admit that a Brawn/Hamilton combination is very powerful and should have good potential for 2013. Quite the risky move Lewis is making.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 28 Sep 2012, 08:34

This also means we won't have 2 World Champions in the same team despite there being 5 on the grid.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Sep 2012, 08:50

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Sep 2012, 08:57

JoostLamers wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
It's OK. He'll come back in few years :p

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Sep 2012, 09:00

iceman1 wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
It's OK. He'll come back in few years :p
Well, I can see his record going of winning in every season now.

All I hope is that Alonso will be right about Lewis: winning in a less competitive car.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Sep 2012, 09:00

Noble: "It's official. Lewis Hamilton has signed three-year deal with Mercedes."

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 28 Sep 2012, 09:06

:S i knew the feeling to all of his fans..its bitter..for god sake, he's not leaving f1..like kimi leave ferrari and the sport..but still its must be disappointing.top driver and top team, when they're not together..it was so weird..huh..dont know what to comment..hope in the end he's make the right decision. the good things, he need a new environment and make money too :n ..kudos too lewis for the very brave move. Indeed!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 28 Sep 2012, 09:08

Pleased lewis is at Mercedes, I hope he can bring some luck to the team and push it forward.

Super pleased for Perez!!!! Him and Jenson could be a very formiddable team, both kind on tyres and have that steady but blitzing driving style, Perez may be abit more adaptable than Jenson though.

Confirms Vettel for 2014 at Ferrari though.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2012, 09:20

Rosberg has been a little rubbish this year remember. I think 2013 will be a building season for 2014.

Nothing on what Schumacher will do next season.