It is currently 22 Jun 2017, 14:17

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Can Hamilton win the championship?
yes 50%  50%  [ 19 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 38
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 11:27  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Posts: 505
Location: UK
He can win it!
I don't see why not...he is leading the championship with Fernando and Kimi and he's been on the podium for all the races...if he continues this he'll get a lot of points!

It would be great to see Fernando and Lewis fighting for the championship...it will be very good for mclaren..hopefully they will make good developments

_________________
mm tofu
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 11:48  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Posts: 316
Location: Bahrain
i voted with a no, i simply dont think alonso is in 100% form yet.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 12:34  
car driver

Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 12:24
Posts: 10
Good move.
Alonso handed it well, he could of chose to defend hard and could of easily taken them both out.
A part of being a good driver is knowing when you are beaten and learning not to lose your head in the heat of the moment.

Congrats Nick!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 12:37  
car driver

Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 12:24
Posts: 10
It's a wrap, no need to watch any more races!!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I doubt it.
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 14:15  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:44
Posts: 70
Kimppa06 wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:
There are sevcral reasons why I doubt it. As welll as the competition there is reliability. McLaren have an appalling record in the reliability stakes and the only reason that they are reliable at the moment is the car isnt yet on the limit. I believe this is down a change in development strategy. If you remember last season towards the end of the season both Renault and Ferrari had rare failures. The pressure on the teams is even greater this year I reckon that we will see a couple of failures and McLaren maybe one or two too many. Another charachteristic is for the setup window to narrow considerably the more development McLaren apply to car. Put Kimi Raikkonen in the mix and you will have the story why he had so many failures. Mind you McLaren could benefit most of all from the engine freeze in the future but not yet IMHO.

Ciao Bob


Well, this Mclaren is 95% redesigned, so last years results can be tossed out the window, bar 5%. also, we all know that no body in the world develops the car like the mclaren team, so im predicting they are going to kick some ass is spain and its going to be hard too. bahrain was the last time this season ferrari will have the edge.


Surely you mean nobody develops a car like Ferrari.:) Seriously though McLaren have always made fast cars and they usually bring a car optimised more than most but fragile with a narrow setup window. This year is interesting because there is clearly a change of approach for the better but I dont think they will be quite there this season towards the end due to the issues mentioned. Having said that if they dont win this year it wont be the it wont be their drivers fault.

Ciao Bob
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 16:08  
car driver
User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 16:15
Posts: 21
Location: Wisconsin
Kimppa06 wrote:
Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 02:09  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:23
Posts: 1059
Location: Cochabamba - Bolivia - South America
Lewis Hamilton don't win this year the championship....

_________________
Image

VISIT THE SPANISH KIMI RAIKKONEN FORUM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/KimiRaikkonen_Iceman/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 08:11  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Posts: 654
996 GT1 Lover wrote:
Kimppa06 wrote:
Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.


I disagree there, I think Ron Dennis would love HIS driver to become the youngest WDC... I think he'll see Nando as Flavs boy and now he'll push Hamilton to get one over on Flav... think of all the glory that will be layed at Rons feet when Hamilton becomes this that and the other all thanks to him and his how many years of grooming Hamilton into a F1 champion...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 13:20  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 16:15
Posts: 244
Location: Oxford, England
Dark_Fisico wrote:
996 GT1 Lover wrote:
Kimppa06 wrote:
Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.


I disagree there, I think Ron Dennis would love HIS driver to become the youngest WDC... I think he'll see Nando as Flavs boy and now he'll push Hamilton to get one over on Flav... think of all the glory that will be layed at Rons feet when Hamilton becomes this that and the other all thanks to him and his how many years of grooming Hamilton into a F1 champion...


i agree with all three of you lol. He CAN win it, its posssible, hes a great driver with a great car, however whether he will is another question. Look at his competitors hes gona hav to fight REALY hard every race to win and providing he does that mclaren then will have to make sure the car is perfect every race for him... i think its askin a little too much but i still beleive he can do it!!!

go on hamilton!! :D

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 14:39  
2007 Prediction League winner
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Posts: 988
Location: Brasil
I'm sure it's premature for Hamilton to talk in terms of winning the Championship.
Of course he can win... but Alonso and Ron (he can´t be blind to Alonso two championships and the sponsor he brought to the team...) will let he win? :-k
Actually I think his chances are bigger for 2008.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 14:55  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Posts: 2002
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
i think he wont but he might! massa and kimi look better then him!

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 13:48  
car driver

Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 02:29
Posts: 5
I think Lewis could win the championship, although he's bound to make a couple rookie mistakes....most likely at the same time Fernando is being super consistent...and quick. Hopefully Fernando can get another title, as Lewis learns the ropes, and then next season is anybody's guess.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 13:54  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Posts: 505
Location: UK
nelmesy16 wrote:
i think he wont but he might! massa and kimi look better then him!


hehe are you sure about felipe :lol:

_________________
mm tofu
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2007, 20:49  
kart driver

Joined: 04 May 2007, 20:41
Posts: 39
Maybe not this year, but certainly in the future
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2007, 22:03  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 26 Mar 2007, 21:50
Posts: 904
Location: Lebanon
yeah nelmesy, i think felippe doesn't have any chance to win this year, and yeah, if hamilton not this year, for sure in the future!

_________________
GO KIMIIII....
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB