Can Hamilton win the championship?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Can Hamilton win the championship?

yes
19
50%
No
19
50%
 
Total votes: 38

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 505
Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Location: UK

Post by ntr » 17 Apr 2007, 11:27

He can win it!
I don't see why not...he is leading the championship with Fernando and Kimi and he's been on the podium for all the races...if he continues this he'll get a lot of points!

It would be great to see Fernando and Lewis fighting for the championship...it will be very good for mclaren..hopefully they will make good developments
mm tofu

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Post by jana7i » 17 Apr 2007, 11:48

i voted with a no, i simply dont think alonso is in 100% form yet.
Image

JustinCase54
car driver
car driver
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 12:24

Post by JustinCase54 » 17 Apr 2007, 12:34

Good move.
Alonso handed it well, he could of chose to defend hard and could of easily taken them both out.
A part of being a good driver is knowing when you are beaten and learning not to lose your head in the heat of the moment.

Congrats Nick!

JustinCase54
car driver
car driver
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 12:24

Post by JustinCase54 » 17 Apr 2007, 12:37

It's a wrap, no need to watch any more races!!!

User avatar
Bobdredds
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 70
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:44

Re: I doubt it.

Post by Bobdredds » 17 Apr 2007, 14:15

Kimppa06 wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:There are sevcral reasons why I doubt it. As welll as the competition there is reliability. McLaren have an appalling record in the reliability stakes and the only reason that they are reliable at the moment is the car isnt yet on the limit. I believe this is down a change in development strategy. If you remember last season towards the end of the season both Renault and Ferrari had rare failures. The pressure on the teams is even greater this year I reckon that we will see a couple of failures and McLaren maybe one or two too many. Another charachteristic is for the setup window to narrow considerably the more development McLaren apply to car. Put Kimi Raikkonen in the mix and you will have the story why he had so many failures. Mind you McLaren could benefit most of all from the engine freeze in the future but not yet IMHO.

Ciao Bob


Well, this Mclaren is 95% redesigned, so last years results can be tossed out the window, bar 5%. also, we all know that no body in the world develops the car like the mclaren team, so im predicting they are going to kick some ass is spain and its going to be hard too. bahrain was the last time this season ferrari will have the edge.


Surely you mean nobody develops a car like Ferrari.:) Seriously though McLaren have always made fast cars and they usually bring a car optimised more than most but fragile with a narrow setup window. This year is interesting because there is clearly a change of approach for the better but I dont think they will be quite there this season towards the end due to the issues mentioned. Having said that if they dont win this year it wont be the it wont be their drivers fault.

Ciao Bob

User avatar
996 GT1 Lover
car driver
car driver
Posts: 21
Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 16:15
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by 996 GT1 Lover » 17 Apr 2007, 16:08

Kimppa06 wrote:Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.
Image

User avatar
shadow_girl26
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1059
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:23
Location: Cochabamba - Bolivia - South America

Post by shadow_girl26 » 18 Apr 2007, 02:09

Lewis Hamilton don't win this year the championship....
Image

VISIT THE SPANISH KIMI RAIKKONEN FORUM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/KimiRaikkonen_Iceman/

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Post by Dark_Fisico » 18 Apr 2007, 08:11

996 GT1 Lover wrote:
Kimppa06 wrote:Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.


I disagree there, I think Ron Dennis would love HIS driver to become the youngest WDC... I think he'll see Nando as Flavs boy and now he'll push Hamilton to get one over on Flav... think of all the glory that will be layed at Rons feet when Hamilton becomes this that and the other all thanks to him and his how many years of grooming Hamilton into a F1 champion...

User avatar
Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 244
Joined: 19 Mar 2007, 16:15
Location: Oxford, England
Contact:

Post by Chubbs » 18 Apr 2007, 13:20

Dark_Fisico wrote:
996 GT1 Lover wrote:
Kimppa06 wrote:Well the question is CAN he win, not WILL he win...

Will Hamilton win? probably not

Can Hamilton win? for sure why not?

To me, its not like he's fluked the first few rounds or something, he is the genuine leader of the championship of points through his fastest laps, qualifying ability and consistency. To me, yes, he can win the title, there is absolutely no reason why he cannot.


I'm completely with you on everything. Of course Hamilton can win it, but will he? I doubt it because I think McLaren would rather have Alonso win than Hamilton.


I disagree there, I think Ron Dennis would love HIS driver to become the youngest WDC... I think he'll see Nando as Flavs boy and now he'll push Hamilton to get one over on Flav... think of all the glory that will be layed at Rons feet when Hamilton becomes this that and the other all thanks to him and his how many years of grooming Hamilton into a F1 champion...


i agree with all three of you lol. He CAN win it, its posssible, hes a great driver with a great car, however whether he will is another question. Look at his competitors hes gona hav to fight REALY hard every race to win and providing he does that mclaren then will have to make sure the car is perfect every race for him... i think its askin a little too much but i still beleive he can do it!!!

go on hamilton!! :D
Image

User avatar
gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner
2007 Prediction League winner
Posts: 988
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Location: Brasil

Post by gutobr » 18 Apr 2007, 14:39

I'm sure it's premature for Hamilton to talk in terms of winning the Championship.
Of course he can win... but Alonso and Ron (he can´t be blind to Alonso two championships and the sponsor he brought to the team...) will let he win? :-k
Actually I think his chances are bigger for 2008.

User avatar
nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2002
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Post by nelmesy16 » 18 Apr 2007, 14:55

i think he wont but he might! massa and kimi look better then him!
Image

gofaster
car driver
car driver
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 02:29

Post by gofaster » 28 Apr 2007, 13:48

I think Lewis could win the championship, although he's bound to make a couple rookie mistakes....most likely at the same time Fernando is being super consistent...and quick. Hopefully Fernando can get another title, as Lewis learns the ropes, and then next season is anybody's guess.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 505
Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Location: UK

Post by ntr » 28 Apr 2007, 13:54

nelmesy16 wrote:i think he wont but he might! massa and kimi look better then him!


hehe are you sure about felipe :lol:
mm tofu

ads274
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 39
Joined: 04 May 2007, 20:41

Post by ads274 » 04 May 2007, 20:49

Maybe not this year, but certainly in the future

User avatar
theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 904
Joined: 26 Mar 2007, 21:50
Location: Lebanon
Contact:

Post by theo » 04 May 2007, 22:03

yeah nelmesy, i think felippe doesn't have any chance to win this year, and yeah, if hamilton not this year, for sure in the future!
GO KIMIIII....

Post Reply