It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 01:22

All times are UTC

Post subject: F1 could learn something from Indycar
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 15:40  
F1 Routinier

Never warched an Indycar race in my life,and Im just watching the Sao Paolo race.

The camera angles are phenomenal! They are so crisp and clean! The wind mirrors are huge and theyre solid, not flapping about, crisp and clear picture.

The TV pod ontop is awsome! It seems like the TV director can rotate the pod ontop to the left, right or behind, and aain, its so crisp and clear!

Its blowing me away. I mean, Im watching them take off the whole rear wing, and re-attaching a fresh one in under 12 seconds. TWELVE SECONDS. Front wing too, take the lock off, line up the pins, put th new on and job done.

Why doesn't F1 have any of this!? To be honest, shows how small minded i've been saying Indycar isn't as good as F1, well Im wrong. Indycar is quite good, and theyve got some damn good tv direction and the ability to take the rear wing unit off and put a new one on in the race, is just, well to me its unbelieveable.....
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: F1 could learn something from Indycar
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 15:42  

It is good, the only downside is the graphics are awful. Take up so much of the screen.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 15:52  
F1 Routinier

phil1993 wrote:
It is good, the only downside is the graphics are awful. Take up so much of the screen.

Agreed.

But the TV pod, following the car as you overtake it. Wouldnt surprise me if F1 dont want it because the rear viw camera gives a crystal clear, perfect shot of the rear suspension.

The tyre markings are so much clearer too, nicer big alloys as well, 16inch aren't they? Cant believe ive been so closed minded.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2012, 21:43  
F1 Routinier

They've had the onboard camera on the top of the car that spins round for years. Have always liked that and wished they had it in F1