It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 11:47

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012-13 Silly Season
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2012, 22:56  
F1 Routinier

I hope Kovalainen goes to Lotus. He started there when it was Renault back in 2007. He had a really good rookie year. I think he was rushed into number 2 at Mclaren then wasted his career at caterham. But then, I think its made him a better driver.

He deserves another shot up there, he's only ever had 2008 in a winning car. I think being a better driver now, he could really knuckle down and produce consistency alongside kimi.

And imagine the vodka parties
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 01:26  
kart driver

I'd love Kovalainen in a Lotus but I think Grosjean needs another shot at it, he can exceed Raikkonen on a given day, just needs the seat time. I'd prefer Kovalainen at Force India, good car and a consistent rising teammate to measure himself against. That leaves Kobayashi, Senna, and Petrov fighting over Caterham's seat, it'd probably be a swan song unless they trounced Pic... I know I'm discounting free agents and test drivers and Marussia and such but they're all faceless in my mind...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 15:00  
PL Manager

I agree. I believe Grosjean is a great driver and a future champion. Kovalainen should partner Di Resta and we'll really see how good the scotsman is. If he gets beat then he's a waste of an F1 seat. Maybe open wheelers isnt his thing after all...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:11  
F1 Rookie

tderias wrote:
I agree. I believe Grosjean is a great driver and a future champion. Kovalainen should partner Di Resta and we'll really see how good the scotsman is. If he gets beat then he's a waste of an F1 seat. Maybe open wheelers isnt his thing after all...

Now, this is an opinion almost 100% similar to mine! :wave: :shhh:
I also think that Di Resta isn't progressing the way he should be. And if he gets beaten by someone like Kovalainen or Kobayashi, who spends just 1 season in FI, he will be in real trouble.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:12  
GP2 Driver

As much as I love Kovalainen, I'd rather see Alguersuari at Force India. But Kovalainen in a Lotus is something I can imagine.
I know Grosjean deserves another shot, but he still got more chances than quite a few other drivers, and in the beginning it seemed that he learnt, but he costs too man points for Lotus...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:16  
F1 Rookie

Treacle wrote:
As much as I love Kovalainen, I'd rather see Alguersuari at Force India. But Kovalainen in a Lotus is something I can imagine.
I know Grosjean deserves another shot, but he still got more chances than quite a few other drivers, and in the beginning it seemed that he learnt, but he costs too man points for Lotus...

I think this was his crash season, like many drivers used to have. :D
Alguersuari should have never left Formula 1, I don't know what the guys from Torro Rosso were thinking, he was producing great results. :thumbsup:
But, something I was thinking, imagine Kobayashi and, let's say, Grosjean in a same team. Instant action there! :lol:

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:24  
GP2 Driver

Vlad-SRB wrote:
Treacle wrote:

Alguersuari should have never left Formula 1, I don't know what the guys from Torro Rosso were thinking, he was producing great results. :thumbsup:
But, something I was thinking, imagine Kobayashi and, let's say, Grosjean in a same team. Instant action there! :lol:

I agree, Toro Rosso should have kept Alguersuari. I don't see how Vergne and Ricciardo did better this year than him...
To be honest, I wouldn't miss Di Resta from the grid, he was just average throughout the whole season. I'd rather have Kovalainen or Kobayashi...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2012, 17:26  
F1 Rookie

Same here, totally! And, let's be honest, Alguersuari was the best thing that happened to Torro Rosso after Vettel. OK, they didn't have a good car this season, but the young Spaniard was producing points finishes, even when they thought it's not gonna happen.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 17:15  
Kart Champion

Unfortunately it seems Jaime ran out of chances. Looks like it's gonna be Sutil at FI.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 522530.cms

::oops:; ::oops:; ::oops:;
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 19:43  
GP2 Driver

Adam wrote:
Unfortunately it seems Jaime ran out of chances. Looks like it's gonna be Sutil at FI.

NOOOOO! ::oops:; I want him in F1...

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 19:53  
F1 Legend

Well look at the positive side, we'll get the chance to hear him again on BBC5 live radio.

I like the combination of James Allen and Jaime :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 00:31  
F1 Rookie

"Butcher" Sutil back again? No, please... He had his chances, didn't use them the way he should, period.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 13:26  

An interesting idea from Joe Saward is that Force India may employ Sutil, but use Bianchi at the races where Sutil could run into Visa troubles.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 14:25  
F1 Legend

phil1993 wrote:
An interesting idea from Joe Saward is that Force India may employ Sutil, but use Bianchi at the races where Sutil could run into Visa troubles.

AMuS said that last month. So nothing new from him :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012, 16:31  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
Well look at the positive side, we'll get the chance to hear him again on BBC5 live radio.

I like the combination of James Allen and Jaime :thumbsup:

It would be a bright side if I listened to him on BBC5. But since I always watch the race with my uncle, and he doesn't speak English, I'm stuck with the - not so good- Hungarian commentators...
So is it official, will Sutil be the other driver at FI? Or can I hold onto the minimal hope I still have?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 43  Next